Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What are the chances of stoping Amnesty this time around?

What are our chances of stoping the Amnesty with a soild democrat Majority. There is many factors that will make it very very hard for us to stop this amnesty the first of all is that both houses of Congress have soild majorities in both houses for the Democrats.

The illigals will vote for the democrats 2 to 3 if made legal. So you will have most democrats seeing tens of millions of votes. I don't believe there is a large number of them that would give up the chance for super majorities clear into the 22nd century. MAYBE A FEW, but remember there is 3-4 Republicans that will also vote with the democrats soildly for Amnesty. This is for the senate. I would also think that the house also is something that we can't stop it in....In yes Barack hussein Obama would sign it in a new york second.

I truely fear for my country. Yes there is some democrats that won't vote for it, but that number may not be enough.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

We are in for a tougher fight, but it can be done.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Don't assume all Dems are in favor of amnesty. I have a Dem representative and she's strongly against it. In fact, her office was protested by Hispanics - too bad she wasn't there
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Don't assume all Dems are in favor of amnesty. I have a Dem representative and she's strongly against it. In fact, her office was protested by Hispanics - too bad she wasn't there
    ROFLMAO!!!!! Thanks for my snicker of the day.

Now nomas, don't laught too hard. Blue Dogs are conservative Democrats and to be true to themselves, they would vote against it.

We know of a few that shall not be named.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay

Ias and their advocates always come up with the most effective of strategies don't they?

Their combined intelligence is truly a thing to behold

I find these polling numbers helpful. I just hope that all these American citizens will help us fight the next Amnesty battle.

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released the results of a nationwide poll conducted in partnership with Zogby International concerning the American people's attitudes towards illegal immigration. Among the poll's highlights of 1,211 likely voters, conducted October 16-19, 2008 (margin of error is +/- 2.9%):

* 71.5% said they agree local law enforcement officers should enforce federal immigration laws, including 51.5% of Hispanics and 56.2% of self-described "liberals."
    * 71.5% said they disagree public officials should use taxpayer funds to operate day laborer sites that help illegal immigrants, including 56.2% of Hispanics and 53.2% of self described "liberals."
    * 57.1% said more law enforcement is needed to address the issue of illegal immigration while only 7.1% said they believe less law enforcement should be used. 34.7% of Hispanics support more law enforcement while 15.5% said less. Of self-described "liberals," 39% said they support more law enforcement, while 13.2 percent said less.
    * 54.8% said they oppose "sanctuary policies" that help illegal aliens (39.3% "strongly" oppose) while 34.9% said they support such policies. 36.2% of Hispanics oppose "sanctuary policies."

This poll shows the American people, no matter their politics or ethnicity, want public officials to enforce federal immigration laws. It is difficult to find any political issue that inspires such unanimity," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "The presidential candidates and the media have virtually ignored the illegal immigration issue in this campaign but it remains an important issue to voters. And the message from the American people on immigration is clear: Enforce the law. End sanctuary policies. And stop using tax dollars to help illegal aliens find illegal jobs."

For the further details on these results, including party/demographic breakdowns, visit www.judicialwatch.org.

100% if we fight and get the word out.... When the time is right... We can't go around yelling the "The Sky is Falling"...

Well, we all should be better informed and organized than in 2007. The next thing is to try to multiply our efforts by getting more people involved. Plus if we can get government officials adding in favorable commentary---such as how much illegal immigration is costing their communities--I think it will make our voice stronger.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar
    100% if we fight and get the word out.... When the time is right... We can't go around yelling the "The Sky is Falling"...

I agree.

And one thing we need to leave out of it is discussions of the NAU, NWO, etc.

While that all may very well be the case, it's long been my personal opinion that.........at least temporarily perhaps?......this needs to be left out of trying to deal with the problem of illegal immigration.

For one, bringing all of that into the discusswion makes it all to easy for those fighting the issue to be labeled CTs which instantly makes others reluctant to join in.

Secondly, the majority of folks right now are not so much concerned about an NAU or NWO. Their immediate concern is how illegal immigration is effecting their every day lives. They want an end to the job loss, inability to adequately support their own families, the overcrowding and degredation of schools, neighborhoods, etc.

So the focus needs to be on the IMMEDIATE concerns of the American people. That's where we're going to get peoples' attention.....especially with the economy being what it is, we've got a real chance of creating a MAJOR force to be reckoned with.

But only if we act carefully and stick with the FACTS of how the AVERAGE American is being impacted RIGHT NOW and has been being impacted for a very long time now.

I personally believe this is our best chance.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast