Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Very thought provoking. I think I will ask my 16 year old son what he thinks makes an American. His first Enlgish assignment this year is to print lyrics from a song he indentifies with and explain why

When I think of what makes us Americans I think of a couple of things. I think of our brave Founding Fathers. I think of great presidents like Abe Lincoln and Ronald Reagan. I think of "The Duke" John Wayne, and then I think of real patriots like those that serve in the greatest army in the world, the US military. I think of baseball, not the steroid-abusing moneyfreaks of today, but the days of Babe Ruth, Joltin' Joe, and Jackie Robinson. I think of how I can bash my president or other elected officials and not get arrested (or worse) for it. I can worship the God I want to, where I want to, when I want to, and how I want to. We have carpet, A/C, cable, electricity, running water, etc. I guess I just think it is such a blessing to have been born in the good ol' USA (and especially in Texas), and I give thanks everyday.

I guess that's what bugs me about these illegals who have proven they can't be patriots because they ran out on their own country, and then can't keep the laws of their new country.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Well, I asked Pat, my 16 year old son, on the way to guitar lessons, what he thinks makes an American and he said, "first, a legal citizen and second, someone who loves their country and their freedom so much, that they would die for it". I think he gets his smarts from his mother's side of the family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12