Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I got this in my email, so I don't have a link. Congressman Sali's position on the bailout.

For Immediate Release

September 24, 2008

Sali: President's speech did not answer key questions

(Eds: Congressman Sali is scheduled to appear on the "Money for Breakfast" program on the Fox Business Network on Thursday morning.)

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Congressman Bill Sali released this statement after President Bush's speech to the nation on the current financial crisis:

"Over the past eight years President Bush has succeeded in enacting substantial tax reduction policies that have helped generate tremendous economic growth. While there have been naysayers, our experience has proven him correct. Unfortunately, this time, the naysayers are not his political opponents, but a nearly unanimous American public. Their essential question is legitimate: If the 'troubled investments' are not good for the markets, how can they be good for taxpayers? I don't believe the President said anything tonight that addressed that fundamental question.

"To complicate matters, Congress is deeply divided on what to do and perhaps even whether anything even needs to be done. Every member of Congress has received the full spectrum of opinion from banks, CEO's and other experts. The President said nothing tonight that was different from - or any more persuasive than - what Secretary Paulson and Chairman Bernanke have been saying for the last week. The President's speech may have the unintended effect of actually further dividing Congress.

"What is now fairly the President's plan would give unprecedented reach to the reach of the federal government into the private sector. It would cost the taxpayers untold hundreds of billions of dollars. As has been expressed by the Treasury department the $700 billion dollar figure is more conjectural than firm.

"At a time when our national debt is well over $9 trillion, Americans are right to resist encumbering their families and companies they work for with vast new debt. In my view the President had already lost this battle for public sentiment long before he went on the air tonight.

"If Chairman Bernanke, Secretary Paulson and now the President are ultimately proven right by the collapse of our financial markets, the public will hold them all to blame for their failure to lead in a manner and in a timeframe that could have headed off that collapse. May God spare us from that tragedy. In the mean time I will continue to work with other members of Congrees to find creative, market-oriented solutions that will stabilize our financial system and encourage investor confidence."
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    ANOTHER DAY TO MAKE a DIFFERENCE PATRIOTS!!!!

CALL PHONE AND FAX ABOUT THE BAIL OUT AND E VERIFY!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

TALK RADIO LIST:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-76263.html

U.S. SENATE AND HOUSE CONTACT INFORMATION:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-63874.html

TOLL FREE

Congressional Switchboard Numbers

800-833-6354
    866-340-9281
    877-762-8762
    866-808-0065
    888-355-3588
    866-220-0044

I just made my daily call to the White House, and told them this bailout was joke, and that the laugh was on the American people. This bill is already stuffed full of billions of Congressional earmarks. Biden is asking for 51 million for his state. This is being to look like a grab fest.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I just made my daily call to the White House, and told them this bailout was joke, and that the laugh was on the American people. This bill is already stuffed full of billions of Congressional earmarks. Biden is asking for 51 million for his state. This is being to look like a grab fest.

Can you tell me where you found the info about Biden asking for 51 million as an earmark to this bailout? I'd like to read more about that.
    Thanks,
    ~ANQ
    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
    -- James Madison

I heard it on Fox News this morning. I'll look to see if it's out in print yet.

The earmark thing was just on Fox News again. $6.6 billion in earmarks.

April
    It was reported on Lou Dobbs last night by a guest that the market would be manipulated to show huge losses today so congress would act on the bail out!!!

TIME TO SHUT THOSE PHONE LINES DOWN!!!

AE

The front page of The Oregonian today shows a huge protest on Wall Street.

I have noticed that the average citizen, regardless of party affiliation, is against it, but it seems that in congress and the senate, it is mainly the Republicans against it.

However, the article stated they want the Republicans behind it, but too many are against it as it stands, some even altogether.

This is really a huge deal, the article stated there were rallies across the nation and angry calls and emails coming in from constituents all over to their reps.

This is taking on a life of it's own, a lot like the backlash from them trying to cram amnesty down our throats.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AmericansNeverQuit
    A friend emailed me info about the next bubble to burst being Visa/Master Card, saying that:

Banks have been bundling up credit card debt and selling it as investments to other banks and pension funds just like they did with sub-prime mortgages.

I guess that's why they're including credit card debt in this bailout!

Pandora's Box is now revealed, as someone said previously in this thread.
    Keep up the fight to save America! I will be calling all day whenever the time allows.

~ANQ
    ANQ, I too have heard this. A friend of my dad's has a pretty good grasp (and thats an understatement) on economic issues. He predicted the housing glut we are now in, and many other issues that have come to pass. He said the credit crunch is next because people are losing thier jobs and living off credit cards. This was told to me months ago, so will be interesting to see when this bubble actually bursts....

W, to answer your question, everyone I know is so angry they are sick over this.

Taking a break from calling:

Laura Ingraham is against the bailout, but for the wrong reasons. - I'll take it.

Pat Buchanan said that Congress is between a rock and a hard place in that if they pass the bailout they'll be perceived as having handed out corporate welfare. If they don't, the market will collapse and they'll be blamed for that.

He said if the market holds out today then they'll end the week having passed nothing, but if the market dips significantly then Congress will shove something through as a panacea.

Ron Paul says we're screwed no matter what happens.

Bob Corker (RINO-TN) said McCain should not have come back. (Corker is for the bill.)
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast