Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

These politicians are caught between a rock and a hard place. If they go against the people, they loose their jobs. If they go against the establishment, all their frineds go broke. Harry Reid said this morning that he not only had to think about Main Street, he had to think about Wall Street. Sure got his priorities straight, doesn't he?
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Serenanocturna
    I wanted to share these links FYI, from a financial talk show host Dave Ramsey.

Here he gives a summary of the origins of the crisis:
    http://a1611.g.akamain.net

And on his archived shows for 9/22 & 9/23, he gives alot of insights to his many callers who are naturally quite worried:
    http://www.daveramsey.com/tdrs/

What say you all to this? Have you heard anything about this possible solution, which he says is being discussed behind the scenes in D.C.?
    I think I understand what he is saying, but I respectfully disagree with Ramsey on the mark-to-market issue, because simply becaise I am deeply conservative. I like using the worst case scenario to value assets.

His alternative would seem to create credit against a value that doesn't actually exist. It might work, but only if Bush let interest rates rise.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Here is a blast from the past - an article from July 2008 which gives some eye-opening background about Dubya's Treasury Sect'y Paulson which you all might find INTERESTING, to say the least:

http://townhall.com/columnists/RobertDN ... f_cronyism

When it comes to Bush's regime, it is cut from the same bolt of cloth as the worst of the Democrat slime!

Here is a blast from the past - an article from July 2008 which gives some eye-opening background about Dubya's Treasury Sect'y Paulson which you all might find INTERESTING, to say the least:

http://townhall.com/columnists/RobertDN ... f_cronyism

When it comes to Bush's regime, it is cut from the same bolt of cloth as the worst of the Democrat slime!
    Welcome to ALIPAC Serenanocturna!! Glad you found us and hope you join in on the fight to save the US.

Happy to be here, AlexCastro!

Kanjorski, Paul E H PA D $96,000 $57,500 $38,500
    GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

April
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    These politicians are caught between a rock and a hard place. If they go against the people, they loose their jobs. If they go against the establishment, all their frineds go broke. Harry Reid said this morning that he not only had to think about Main Street, he had to think about Wall Street. Sure got his priorities straight, doesn't he?
    Reid could care less. He is pathetic! Well he will have to hear us screaming no until he gets his priorities straight!

I wanted to share these links FYI, from a financial talk show host Dave Ramsey.

Here he gives a summary of the origins of the crisis:
    Dave Ramsey Explains Sarbanes-Oxley & Financial Crisis

And on his archived shows for 9/22 & 9/23, he gives alot of insights to his many callers who are naturally quite worried:
    http://www.daveramsey.com/tdrs/

What say you all to this? Have you heard anything about this possible solution, which he says is being discussed behind the scenes in D.C.?

I love Dave Ramsey he is a straight guy with good advice. He explains Sarbanes-Oxley well for the average man.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WOOT WOOT WOOT

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/ ... t_GOP.html

Pelosi says that they don't have the votes to pass the bailout!

Keep those cards and letters flying, folks!

I am going to handwrite some tonight and drop them in the mail tomorrow so they should arrive Monday or Tuesday.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

AE

It is so amazing to me, that with the many protests in many cities, all the polls showing the same backlash for this bailout, yet these dimwits think it is ok to talk over us and ignore what we have said we do not want.

Ok, sorry, I have to apologize, dimwits was not the right thing to say.......never mind, I cannot say what I really think of some of these politicians, it would be edited and I would be ashamed for using that kind on language.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast