Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

On another blog people gave a link for various costs we pay for illegals. I will see if I can still find it and if I do I will post that link.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I found some numbers for various costs in California. It is dated but would still get people going as the problem has exploded since.

http://www.house.gov/garymiller/IllegalsCost2005.html

How Much Do Illegal Aliens Cost U.S. Taxpayers?

July 12, 2005- Federal, state and local governments spend billions of dollars each year educating, caring for and incarcerating illegal immigrants. Until the federal government fortifies the border, taxpayers will have to continue to foot the bill for a variety of social services offered to illegals.

Education: Taxpayers are being forced to pay for the schooling of the children of illegal immigrants.

Illegal immigrants who take low-paying jobs don't pay enough in taxes, if they pay at all, to reimburse taxpayers the $5,000-plus annually it takes to educate each of their children.

The total K-12 school expenditure for illegal immigrants costs the states $7.4 billion annually-- enough to buy a computer for every junior high student nationwide.

In California, the $2.2 billion spent on the education of the children of illegal immigrants for one year could:
    Pay the salaries of 41, 764 teachers, or 14 percent of California's teachers.
    Pay for California's class sizes to remain capped at 20 students for a year, with $300 million to spare.
    Buy books, computers, and other instructional equipment for 346, 689 classrooms, 79 percent of all classrooms in California.
    Fully fund California 's free lunch program for almost two years.

Emergency Health Care: Taxpayers are forced to provide emergency health care for illegal aliens and their children who do not have insurance.

Emergency health care for illegal aliens along the southwestern border is already costing area hospitals $200 million a year, with perhaps another $100 million in extended care costs.

Hospitals must provide emergency treatment to all who walk through the door, regardless of their citizenship status or ability to pay. In 2001, America 's hospitals provided nearly $21 billion in uncompensated health care services.

Hospitals in California rank first in the country in expenditures for providing health care to illegal immigrants.

The Center for Medicaid Services at the Dept. of Health and Human Services reported that for FY 2001, the health care costs for illegal immigrants in California were over $648 million. California paid 47 percent of these costs, or $304,785,368, for this mandate.

Population Crisis: In California, we are in the midst of a population crisis that is already affecting every aspect of life in our state and will continue to get worse.

An estimated 7 million illegal immigrants were residing in the United States in January 2000. This is double the size of the illegal immigrant population in January 1990 and constitutes 2.5 percent of the total U.S. population of just over 281 million.

More than one third of the 3.5 million total increase in illegal immigration since 1990 occurred in California and Texas.

California has the highest number of illegal immigrants residing in its borders. The estimated number of illegal alien residents in California was about 2.2 million, or nearly 32 percent of the total number of illegal immigrants in the United States.

Crime: Fifteen percent of California 's prison inmates are undocumented aliens, costing the state more than $500 million annually.

Welfare and Government Assistance: Fraudulent Social Security cards, driver's licenses and birth certificates are being bought by thousands of illegal immigrants each year. These false documents are used by individuals to get millions of dollars worth of welfare, public housing and Social Security benefits.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Everytime I write or call, I always ask why our government thinks it is our responsibility to take care of these illegals, as well as having our jobs ripped away from us.

I have not received a comment from any Rep or Senator about this, they always talk about what they have done......you can't get any of them to give us answers as to why they think American tax payers have to fund the world!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I can't quite work up sympathy for unmarried mothers.
    Whatever happened to morals and/or shotgun weddings?

I as a woman am offended at the actions of these females who can't seem to keep their legs closed.
    They are supposed to be catholic aren't they? Isn't this a sin?

Yeah, all these so-called "family values", and they just want a good life for their children. HAHA If they wanted a good life for their children, they wouldn't have so MANY at such a young age, with no husband!

I work in a hospital, but in research. I do have a friend who's a nurse at another hospital in the area, which has mostly hispanic patients - legal and illegal. She says they constantly steal the food in the nurses' kitchen, they steal trays from the food cart, they even try to take towels home when they leave! She tries to stop them as much as she can, but some nurses will not do anything. Also, she says most of the nurse assistants are hispanic, and disappear for long periods of time and she'll find them in an empty room watching TV. So much for good work ethics.

She also mentioned that these young women who just had babies have their boyfriends in the room with them, and they get in bed with the woman, nuzzling her all over in order to have MORE kids! They get mad when she tells them it's not allowed to get into bed with a pt.

One time, and I think you'll appreciate this, my nurse friend was discharging a pt, and she had to ask some questions. So she says, "do you have any financial problems", and the girl says, "no, I'm on welfare". HAHAHA We had a real hoot over that one - "no, I'm on welfare" - ho, ho,ho!

My friend had to keep from laughing right then and there. Can you imagine anything more stupid to say than that? Everytime I think of it, I crack up.

They are supposed to be catholic aren't they? Isn't this a sin?
    It’s a double whammy because the Catholic faith denounces contraception.

When I had my son in Dec. I was surrounded by Mexicans having babies. (They admit they are from Mexico, they admit they are illegal, they didn't try to hide it at all because they know nothing is going to happen to them. They were all more worried about when they would be getting their still unborn babies birth certificates, and can they put dad's name on it, the nurses sounded like they had gone over this 1000 times that day, since the women tend to use a different last name from hubby for some reason, or a hyphenated name, the women were concerned when they put baby boy mom's last name instead of baby boy dad's last name on the bassinets) repeating it sounding very bored "we have to put mom's last name on the form, but you can give the baby dad's last name on the birth certificate blah blah blah) and of course they asked over and over about when they would get the SSN and how, if they lived in Mexico (of course the SSN can be mailed to you in Mexico, don't worry, you will get it very soon) They ALL had the proud papas to be with them. They may very well be married, but why tell the hospitals that, when it's the hospital who will help them get their kid on medicaid (then food stamps are easier to get, since they already have the free medical from birth on) as long as they don't report the males income. These women don't come here without a man to support them. They just tell social services they are alone and have no help.

This thread is so hard for me to read. It's such a travesty that our government allows this blatant abuse of the American people. It's just tragic that Bush and all those who support his open borders agenda don't FEEL what we, the common Americans, feel.

We feel cheated. We feel like we've been sold out. We feel like we don't matter anymore....all that matters, and WHO REALLY KNOWS WHY.... is that the U.S. rolls out the red carpet for millions of impoverished, mostly illiterate, undereducated, hyper-breeding, parasites, mostly from south of the border. As we American citizens watch our quality of life go down the tubes, and our beautiful culture get shoved aside for a foreign culture, we stand together....perplexed, confused, angry, bitter, and ready to take our country back.

I believe that the fight is only just now beginning. In the wake of the latest Bush scamnesty bill, Americans are starting to see the light. This is a fight for our nation...for our culture...for our home.

And we WILL win this fight!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Hate to add salt to the wound, but I just saw more of it today. . Today the classic statement was: "No, I'm not married ..we're separated, because he has another woman ..and no, I'm not even going to tell him that I'm pregnant ..I want the baby 'to myself,' and I will do fine without a husband. I will support myself and the baby just fine. My other child is back in the home country.

Ha, ha, ha ... and in the next breath, she is asking about WIC, what she "gets" for prenatal and maternity services ... because she's going to have that baby.

They are HERE because they GET. They get, get, get . ..and we give, give, give.

Maybe if we stop giving, they will stop taking.

But, they're here, and it's a fantastic deal for them. Once they prove positive for pregnancy, they get all their paperwork for Medicaid at the same time, and then it's free ride city. Not that they and their kids are getting a million bucks or anything, but they're getting enough to survive. And then they come back for birth control, which most of them forget to take, and then they're pregnant again. NONE of them admit to being married, and many of them admit to having sex with multiple partners.

And, you also have the older women . ..45 and up, coming in also for pregnancy testing. It's nuts. And they are entirely undereducated -- most of them not even high school graduates. They have no plans to further their education -- only to start their families, which they cannot support on their own. WHY the HELL are we allowing this???

It's the welfare state, all over again, everyone .. except this time we have to provide translators.

I am simply going to write my congressmen about this. I just can't take seeing it any longer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12