Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What is the purpose of the National Guard

I don't get it. What is the purpose of the National Guard? People are saying that the National Guard will be sent but they can't help arrest anyone. That doesn't make sense to me. So you mean to tell me that our country's millitary will stand by and watch as invaders come into the country with no problem and say nothing! I am crazy or I am still sleep someone please wake me up out of this nightmare. It's one where you scream and kick but just can't wake up. Please someone wake me up!

Sorry......this is a real live nightmare and your not crazy. I can't see the purpose except to just be able to say they're doing something. It will be interesting to hear what the agenda is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tonight's news said some might not even be carrying guns!

My husband's a guard, he was in Viet Nam, sometimes they wouldn't even let them load their guns!

So I'm not surprised by this. But I think the guard should have their guns and ammo with them at all times, if they are to go to the border.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Why bother those men and women in the gaurd and their families, if they aren't going to be enforcing the laws ?

It's a waste of the tax payers money and the soldiers time

If true, Bush might as well not send them.
    I never heard a national guard with no weapons. Bush is making the US more of a laughing stock.
    Thanks President Bush and co-president Vicente “the racist” Fox.

Smoke and mirrors my friends. Doing it to help push his amensty program down our throats

Hmm.

So they will be doing the same thing as the minutement, correct? Intelligence, logistics, support, etc..

The US Government tells the mexican government where the minutemen have their posts...since the National Guard will be fufilling the same functions (and perhaps replacing) as the minutemen, won't the government be betraying and endangering the National Guard soldiers????? Gah!!
    --Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
    -Teddy Roosevelt

Whatever he says, this Pres. doesn't plan on doing anything that will restrict the flow of illegals.

This is smoke - pure and simple.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The guard is nothing more than a placebo, and no disrespect meant to the guard in stating that. The president is trying to fool us into believing he is taking border security seriously, while at the same time trying to force Amnesty down the throats of middle class America. As Lou Dobbs said tonight, with middle and lower class wages going down, there is no labor shortage in this nation, as if there were a labor shortage, our wages would be GOING UP.

The guard cannot police the border, cannot arrest anyone, it's freaking WINDOW DRESSING.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PintoBean
    The guard is nothing more than a placebo, and no disrespect meant to the guard in stating that. The president is trying to fool us into believing he is taking border security seriously, while at the same time trying to force Amnesty down the throats of middle class America. As Lou Dobbs said tonight, with middle and lower class wages going down, there is no labor shortage in this nation, as if there were a labor shortage, our wages would be GOING UP.

The guard cannot police the border, cannot arrest anyone, it's freaking WINDOW DRESSING.
    Maybe you're right, but does that then mean that the President is not worried about terrorists crossing the southern border? I can't imagine that's the case.

I think that what we are seeing is that the administration, which for whatever reason wants to see all these Mexicans flooding into our country, is trying to do as little as possible without completely riling the US populace. What that means is that what will be done to address this issue is exactly the minimum we allow to be done. We are going to have to keep the pressure on, not just at this time, but as a new lifestyle. The government has reached a point of arrogance that it thinks it can lord over the People and, because of our recent apathy, it can usually get away with it. Let's hope this marks a turning point at which the American people are disturbed enough to become active and hold our elected leaders to account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast