Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What are the wages that illegals are paid???

Does anyone know a ballpark figure? I've never heard. Just that it's "low".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would partly depend on the profession that they have invaded. Construction, drywall, food service, healthcare, etc. Could be half, two thirds, or just whatever to have a job.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Heard this report on the radio today, anywhere from ten to twelve dollars an hour under the table.

You have to remember that when you hear a figure, especially a wage in construction, the wage amount is, alot of times, paid under the table. This means that the employee is left having to pay the full 14.7% of his SS and he is liable for the federal tax on a quarterly basis. Not to mention the other taxes and Workman's comp. The workman's comp requirement of the employer is gone and the employee is now forced to use an HMO, if he can afford it.

This used to be only legal for contractors with a license to do business, but now this strategy of signing a 1099 has been extended to regular employees. It used to be if a person was told when to show up, where to show up, that person was to be signed on a W4, not a 1099. To me, this is nothing short of ripping the employee off who is not a contractor. So, the employee is paid his gross and left to do everything else and the employer has no obligations. This is what the illegal immigrants are up against as well as any left over Americans who are still in construction. Some construction companies still sign their employees on a W4.

I've heard some construction people making as much as 18-22 dollars an hour. But after having to pay for an HMO (you cannot purchase worker's comp in the state of FLA without a contractor's license) and pay the full SS, the employee isn't making much.

Like others have said, it depends on the industries and regions that they have invaded. The only #s I can give you are that they depress wages for the average American born male by $1,700 anuually, and for the working poor by 8%. These #s come from Harvard economist, and leading voice on immigration economics George Borjas.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Earlier (I think it was this year) in Agoura Calif the day laborers wouldn't even consider working for less than 15$-16$ and formed a quasi-union.

This is very enlightening.

I trail ride through the hills in Carlsbad in an area called Calaveras. There are tons of tomato and other veggies grown there and I guess when I was asking the question, it was the feild workers that I had in mind mostly, but it's interesting to hear an approx wage across the board.

Day Laborers at the Home Depot want $10-16 per hour. Some illegals have told me when they work construction they get $13- $22.

They are not working for minimum wage. They are getting cash under table.

They are not about to go anywhere as long as they make at least $10 cash per hour.

I don't know about farm workers.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Banned
    Here its 75 to 150 a day
    thats for twelve hours a day
    6 days a week
    Cash

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    This is very enlightening.

I trail ride through the hills in Carlsbad in an area called Calaveras. There are tons of tomato and other veggies grown there and I guess when I was asking the question, it was the feild workers that I had in mind mostly, but it's interesting to hear an approx wage across the board.
    I want to see some Americans go and try to get those jobs
    just to see
    bet they can get hired if they talk right

Im told each year if the same criminal immigrent comes back to the same farm he gets more
    Around south of here some horse farmers put up two or three to keep them on all year they get 5 bucks an hour plus room and board
    he calls them Mexican Americans Once i ask him why he called them that
    he ask me to talk about it later he was busy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast