Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't ask me for the link, they get a quarter on the dollar, tax free; I think that might have been on the Drudge Report over a year ago.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Wouldn't it be interesting

What would happen if American Contractors, prior legit businesses who paid taxes, workmans comp etc instead decided to go hang out at Home Depots day labor sites? Heck 10.00 a hour cash is equal to about 17.00 on the books.

I would bet 1. that they would be chased off by the illegals and HD
    2. The impact of lost taxes would start to raise the eyebrows of our politicians who need those tax dollars to spend on themselves.

Well If I need to hire a couple of extra hands (for the same price~maybe a bit more but worth it IMO) I will call the temp agency I know through work and get someone who I know is legal.

You have to remember that when you hear a figure, especially a wage in construction, the wage amount is, alot of times, paid under the table. This means that the employee is left having to pay the full 14.7% of his SS and he is liable for the federal tax on a quarterly basis. Not to mention the other taxes and Workman's comp. The workman's comp requirement of the employer is gone and the employee is now forced to use an HMO, if he can afford it.

This does not apply to illegals, however. When they get paid, it's all theirs. Oh, sure the employer sends a 1099 to some address and we just know those illegals rush down and pay their fair share of taxes.

Also if the illegal gets hurt on the job, he just goes to the ER and gets treated free.

5 Don't think because you are hiring from a temp agency you are getting legal citizens. Those temp agencies are notorious for getting jobs for illegals. There have been a couple charged for this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here its 75 to 150 a day
    thats for twelve hours a day
    6 days a week
    Cash
    I think thats about $75 to $150 too much, it should be zero!
    I work in and around new home and remodel construction, the work performed by illegal aliens is crap. They have absolutely no pride in what they do and the contractors and building inspectors here in CA share their attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Heard this report on the radio today, anywhere from ten to twelve dollars an hour under the table.
    That's LOW??? WTF?

Where I live, getting a full-time job paying $9 on the books is considered good. YIKES.
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

They are not working for peanuts - despite what the news media would have you believe.

Also, you have to understand when they get $10-15 a hour, it's all theirs. No taxes - no auto insurance - no healthcare costs - subsidized food - free lunches and breakfasts for kiddos - subsidized housing (for some), no need to pay traffic tickets or any other fines . Many, many churches give them clothing, food, toys, etc. They shower them with these 'gifts' - needed or not.

Also, on my grandchildren's list for school supplies, there were several items listed at the bottom they were told to purchase as well and these items were described as item that were being bought for the children who could not afford to purchase school supplies. My son asked if it was for the illegals and was told, yes it was. He didn't purchase the items.

Think about how much those things cost Americans - think of what you income would actually be if you didn't have to pay those things.

Also, I don't buy into the notion they are slaves or somehow afraid to quite and look for a better job. What do they have to be afraid of?

I love it when people, even some who know better, speak of these people as being 'slaves' and 'being afraid to change jobs', etc. That's ridiculous.
    They are not in the 'shadows'.

These people are out there, in your face, doing what they want, when they want and how they want.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: What are the wages that illegals are paid???

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Does anyone know a ballpark figure? I've never heard. Just that it's "low".
    In New Jersey standard wages for an illegal alien Day Laborer start at $10 an hour in cash, plus lunch. No taxes, etc. All cash.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

I have talked to illegals and some people that employ them.

They always get free lunch and sometimes dinner. They often get tips in addition to their hourly.

If they are getting just $10.00 per hour, they will let you know how unhappy they are.

They key is to go after folks that hire them.

This is why it makes me sick when ignorant folks say " they work for peanuts" .

I don't make the kind of money they make. People who work their butts off in retail, don't make what they make.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

I work in and around new home and remodel construction, the work performed by illegal aliens is crap. They have absolutely no pride in what they do and the contractors and building inspectors here in CA share their attitude.
    My husband has worked for years in construction. Luckily he is pretty high up in pay and experience at this point. He and I both agree on one thing-we'd WAY rather have an older house built back when contractors cared about quality, than a newer, nicer one with the walls all out of square. My husband sees this and it drives him nuts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12