Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What and who is at the root of the problem?

Hey everyone.

I see one common thread with many of our illegal alien issues - the pro-illegal organizations. NCLR,MALDEF, LULAC and the ACLU seem to be at the heart of every problem and are trying to prevent Americans from protecting themselves and/or enforcing our laws. Their money and power influences our weak willed politicians.

So, how can we take down these organizations? Imagine if just one were to be dissolved - how great would that be? It would be less work in the long run for us too. Is there any way we can organize something? Would it have to be a lawsuit? I would like to hear any ideas from the great minds on this site.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

TG,
    I have a feeling that if one town wins against the ACLU, it will prompt more and more towns to propose and pass their immigration laws without fear of retribution from the ACLU or any other OBL groups. If we have towns nationwide in court w/ the ACLU, their money pockets would quickly be drained. The best part is, if they lose more and more cases, they will become a laughing stock and lose their political muscle.

If that ever happens, we should declare a national holiday dedicated to the end of the ACLU.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

The root of the " problem " is big business.
    Nog weekje en dan ff maandje naar NL oma en beste vriendin te zien. Kerstboom, oliebollen, gourmetten, wijn, kadootjes, oudejaarsavond

I would like to hear any ideas from the great minds on this site.

Banned
    The ACLU could not get away with its torture of American jurisprudence without the complicity of the courts themselves. We need to make sure that we elect strict constructionists and, in the case of appointed judges, need to lean on the President and Congress to stop appointing activist judges who legislate from the bench and who blatantly disregard legal precedent in favor of personal opinion.

need to lean on the President and Congress to stop appointing activist judges
    I don't see how that's possible.

This last election, I even paid attention to the judges. I tried my best to at least briefly review them and pick ones that deemed themselves "conservatives". I feel that most of the problem judges are appointed by our elected representatives.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    need to lean on the President and Congress to stop appointing activist judges
    I don't see how that's possible.

This last election, I even paid attention to the judges. I tried my best to at least briefly review them and pick ones that deemed themselves "conservatives". I feel that most of the problem judges are appointed by our elected representatives.
    It's as possible as anything. The Senate has the power to block appointments, though it does not exercise that power with enough frequency except in times of partisan bickering, but even then the test is rarely how strictly the nominee will adhere to standing precedent. The reason that the Senate was given this power of advice and consent is that it was originally comprised of appointees from the legislatures of the several states and was meant to protect their interests against the federal entity. Rescinding Amendment XVII may be a good place to start.

The Senate has the power to block appointments
    But can they remove someone? Most of the time we don't even hear about these judges until they really do something crazy. And what if it's a judge in another state?

Banned
    In addition to the issue of judges, I think Sippy is right. It seems that quite a few of the counties and towns considering anti-illegal immigration ordinances are waiting to see how Hazelton turns out. If Hazelton is successful, we will see a flurry of ordinances passed all modeled after Hazelton.

I agree Kate. If Hazelton is a victory and other places follow, how can our Senators and Reps ignore that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast