Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Cities and Counties in Florida have been giving those forms with job applications for several years know.
    I have some Native American Indian (not the H1-B kind) blood in my ancestry. I went back to the job form and checked the box that I was Indian native American. If I get called into a job interview and they ask me why I checked I am a Native American I will tell them the truth that I some ancestry but I don't have any documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    "Voluntary Self-Identification Information" has been the norm in California for years. Although, generally, they have a choice labeled White- not Hispanic. I would bet my house they use that information as hiring criteria. Why else would they ask the question!

Now, the choice seems to be your either hispanic or not!
    Why not check the box that I am Hispanic? Couldn't I get one of those Mexican terrorist... I mean Consular Fake-ular cards that are so popular with the LA gang-bangers and start applying with them?

Didn't Calderon say that wherever there is a Mexican there is a Mexico?
    Well, I feel awfully Mexican today! At least I feel like I am in Mexico. Doesn't that mean that I am Mexican?

This doesn't surprise me. I really detest being white-not hispanic. Hispanic isn't a race. Might as well have white-not German or something equally stupid.

I don't know if businesses get tax credits for hiring minorities, but they do for hiring people on welfare. So you can rest assured if they start clamping down on welfare or sticking to serious limits......they will get the job before you do.

This pre-employment screen should be illegal......but as with everything else, you have to have the money to fight it coz the ACLU isn't going to come to our defense. Also love the voluntary, mandatory.......it's further discrimination at it's finest under the guise of something else.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    "Voluntary Self-Identification Information" has been the norm in California for years. Although, generally, they have a choice labeled White- not Hispanic. I would bet my house they use that information as hiring criteria. Why else would they ask the question!

Why not check the box that I am Hispanic? Couldn't I get one of those Mexican terrorist... I mean Consular Fake-ular cards that are so popular with the LA gang-bangers and start applying with them?

Well, I feel awfully Mexican today! At least I feel like I am in Mexico. Doesn't that mean that I am Mexican?
    I'm seriously considering it millere, If for nothing else, to see if these companies will call me in for interviews. I might even indicate that I speak spanish as well.

All this, despite the fact I have an obviously, Eastern European last name(maybe I will change that as well). LOL...Screw them! Let them figure it out! I have nothing to lose....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm seriously considering it millere, If for nothing else, to see if these companies will call me in for interviews. I might even indicate that I speak spanish as well.

All this, despite the fact I have an obviously, Eastern European last name(maybe I will change that as well). LOL...Screw them! Let them figure it out! I have nothing to lose....
    I would imagine that if you have brown eyes and dark hair they would go ahead, despite your last name. Where a "viva la raza" T-shirt. They are going to wonder about someone with blue eyes and light hair, though.

I would imagine that if you have brown eyes and dark hair they would go ahead, despite your last name. Where a "viva la raza" T-shirt. They are going to wonder about someone with blue eyes and light hair, though.
    Ditto millere! I do have blue eyes and light brown hair. I cannot win either way! I will get discriminated against for being white, or for being hispanic and not looking 'hispanic enough.'

I am part Native Indian as my grandfather is one and lives on the reservation. On some of the job applications they state that you must have ties to a tribe to qualify. I figure all you have to do is belong to a native women's group for example it may qualify.

As for the comment someone made about not looking Hispanic enough it is not a problem if you say you are from South America as many of them are of European ancestry and are white unless they mixed with natives. If you hear some of them speaking spanish and look at them they do not look like the stereotype at all. Just say you are from Colombia, Venezula, Peru, Argentina or Uraguay. Also many women hispanic women dye their that redish brown color. Just go to Target and look at the Latino hair colors.

This is something, I think we will have to get used to - no matter which one gets elected. There is no difference in their stance on immigration.

Unless we get together and work to get them to return home, peacefully I mean, we are going to have them not only remaining a minority, with all it's benefits, but controlling a goodly part of our political offices - from city to Congress and maybe WH.

My daughter has very fair, freckled skin, reddish blonde hair, and bright blue eyes, although she can legally be called a Native American. She always uses that if she must. She does it and dares them to mention it.

Sometimes if it just has 'other' - she puts 'human'.

On every Job Application I have ever filled out I have had to answer the question of Race, so I thought it was like that everywhere.
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Each year the EEOC requires companies to fill these forms out. I noticed the change in the language hispanic/nonhispanic, when I asked in HR they explained that the EEOC was making sure that diversity was achieved in all companies.
    She also said that the company must prove the requirement for English was necessary for business.
    120 of us decided not to answer the race question..
    That was just before the amnesty vote. I guess they expected it to pass.
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast