Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Cities and Counties in Florida have been giving those forms with job applications for several years know. I think that is why it is almost impossible to get a job with some police departments if you are non Hispanic or non Haitian. My daughter was going through for a dispathcer for Miami Dade County and 1800 people applied they picked 100 to do the test and 30 went on to interviews. My daughter was the only white non Hispanic that made the interview stage and even then the Hispanic woman tried to get rid of her by giving her a rough time in the interview. The only reason my daughter got that far was because she had an officer who taught the police explorer class and an officer from that district that was now working at the 911 call center fight for her. I know people who have no law enforcement background in neighboring counties that will tell you don't waste your time applying for a job in the City of Miami if you are non Hispanic or non Haitian.
    I am going to prove this discrimination exists as I know someone with a criminal justice degree who applied for several positions in one department. This person had years of experince and background needed for several positions and never even got an interview but when they applied in a neighboring county they got interviewed and were being considered for the job. I told this person next time they apply for that department to put 2 applications in using different computers and addresses. They will use their real name and address in one and a latino name and another address in the other but keep the rest of the info the same. They do not ask for a SSN on the application and I am not sure if they ask for a driver's license number. If the job doesn't require driving then they claim they do not have a drivers license. It will be interesting to see the results. I already asked a lawyer and he told me it was not illegal as long as you don't use someone else's real ID and don't go through the entire process.
    Good luck with that, Swatchick! Remember several years agao the caucasian woman, a county worker who was told by her boss that she either learn spanish or be fired. She was ridculed behind her back and when every thing was said and done, her boss was only repremanded and this woman didn't sue Dade County, she only wanted her job back. Yes, discrimination runs rampant in Dade County and its the hispanics in power who don't enforce EOE laws in the government agencies or in the private sector. Dade County sucks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Alot of blogs that I join always ask me to check black, white, asian, hispanic, or other. Why does it make any difference when I sign up for a stupid blog?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno

Ditto millere! I do have blue eyes and light brown hair. I cannot win either way! I will get discriminated against for being white, or for being hispanic and not looking 'hispanic enough.'
    Some people from Spain have blue eyes and light hair. Being from Spain is also Hispanic (although why would anyone care? Why don't we check boxes for British American and non-British American?)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I am part Native Indian as my grandfather is one and lives on the reservation. On some of the job applications they state that you must have ties to a tribe to qualify. I figure all you have to do is belong to a native women's group for example it may qualify.
    I have a hard time understanding how they are going to enforce the "ties" part. I do know, however, that Federal financial aid for students requires some sort of document from a tribe if a student is going to get student aid.

Unfortunately I read a story about a tribe in the US that was selling 'memberships' to an Indian tribe for illegal Mexican aliens, so I am wondering how much 'due diligence' is done to prove whether or not you are Indian.

I REFUSE to answer such outrageous inquiries. I just say that I am an AMERICAN and if they don't like it, TOUGH! This is just ANOTHER ploy to slip MORE Hispanics into our labor force!

This stuff is happening every day people are victimized simply because they don't speak a second language or they are not Hispanic.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

This has been on certain job applications here in Ft Worth for awhile. It used to be checking if you are caucasian, black, Am Indian, Asian etc. Now it's are you a hispanic or not. Even enrolling my daughter in school had this.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

I REFUSE to answer those questions any more. When I registered my son for kindergarten they asked about what primary language, race, etc. I didn't answer it and wrote in big black letters "We are American and WE speak ENGLISH!!!!!!"
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    "We are American and WE speak ENGLISH!!!!!!"
    I like that. It is time to start putting that on bumber stickers and t-shirts. Maybe on one of those yard signs as well.

In South Florida some of us have seen those stickers about speaking English on cars. One of my friends who is of Cuban background and speaks Spanish told she had seen them and wants to get one. I think they say: "Welcome to America Now Learn English". I have also seen one that about keeping your job as 12 million illegals are counting on you. It is becoming more visual and vocal down here. If I could I would post some of the comments that come up on blogs but unfortunately many comments are unacceptable to us on ALIPAC.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast