Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well said CB!

This is a bit of a disheartening conversation. I'm sorry but I can't let this pass.

Now I do understand the resentment - but whether we like it or not, the Mexicans are here to stay. I feel in my bones, there will some form of amnesty - and if not, they will allow those with anchor babies to stay.
    If you really believe that what are your reasons for being here? What do you mean Mexicans are here to stay? If we allow amnesty to be granted and stand without a fight where will we be in another 20 years?

If our kids can't speak Spanish when they grow up, they will be at a definite disadvantage.
    Once again if you really believe that what are you doing here?

Spanish is going to be a must.
    To me, Spanish is just a matter of survival
    I say BS! It's not a matter of survival it is a matter of capitulation. It is just the opposite of "survival" it is ultimately slavery to a foreign way of life! Peace at any price? Don't make waves. Walk all over me I don't care. If you give in now what future does your posterity have? Just what does it mean to be American to you? What do Liberty and way of life mean to you? If you've already given up WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Does everyone feel this way? Maybe I'm wasting my time here. Are we just going roll over and die?
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

MW
    I don't think anyone on ALIPAC has given up Alturact, but I do feel it is prudent to be prepared. Personally, I don't speak Spanish, but as I said above, I've encouraged my children to learn the language. Why not, don't most states require two years of a foriegn language in high school, North Carolina does. Why waist our childrens time encouraging them to take a language that will not help our cause? Learning the language does not mean they've foresaken our culture and ideals, what it means is they are strengthen themselves to be better prepared to carry on the fight! When a boxer meet an opponent in the ring, isn't it prudent of him to learn all he can about that opponent before the fight? Wouldn't knowing how that opponent reacts and how he speaks with his body language give you an edge? Just food for thought.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Does everyone feel this way? Maybe I'm wasting my time here. Are we just going roll over and die?
    I'm not. I'm with ya on this. Caving on this issue is going to be the 2nd biggest mistake after amnesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Manderine Chinese (probably spelled wrong) is #1. Well as of a few years ago when they tried to pull the Spanish business on us. China is becomming a great power in the business world. Not to mention in the military sense. There are Chinese people immigrating here, legally and illegally. They have segments in towns in which their signs are in their language. Their children attend our schools and vote as well..........they just aren't marching in the streets demanding everything. They came here and aren't trying to turn us into "little China". Globally.......it would probably be better to learn Chinese than Spanish.

So I'm sorry......this country is English. Second language is a personal choice and shouldn't be forced in your own country to get a job or get care. It's part of their job to assimilate to OUR culture. If they suddenly open all the borders world wide. Are we then forced to learn an entire new language when that influx of immigrants become the majority? In the "global" world with our politicians out there deciding the fate of entire continents.....do they know all the languages? No. They all have little headphones on with an interpreterer(sp?).

What if your in an area where most of the new immigrants are middle-eastern or from Somalia? Should the English students be forced to learn that language to communicate with their friends? Trust me.....if this is allowed to go further....each new immigrant group is going to use the same tactic in order to not have to assimilate and to guarentee jobs and special treatment for "their" people at the expense of Americans. There isn't going to be a melting.....there is going to be more seperation. Right now they are running people out of towns and states and before long there won't be a place for Americans to go and hear English or speak it or get a job. You'll be choosing whether you can survive in a Spanish neighborhood or a Chinese neighborhood or a Korean neighborhood.etc.
    Mandarin Chinese is a difficult language to learn, but since young children are able to pick up languages quickly it would be better to teach them Mandarin while they are young instead of using that prime learning time to teach a relatively easy language such as spanish (that has no real business use unless you're illegally hiring day laborers).
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Why not, don't most states require two years of a foriegn language in high school, North Carolina does.
    MW - I'm not talking about being prepared nor anything about learning a 2nd language except the idea that we should learn Spanish because that is the way it is going to be. The suggestion that we are going to give up and give in. That we will become a largely speaking Spanish nation. That we will give in to Bosnia and globalism. That is what is being suggested here.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

I am with you Altura. I will not cave. Even if I knew Spanish I would refuse to speak it. This is MY country and the language is English and I refuse to accept any other way.

Y'all,

I think we are ALL CORRECT on this.

1. We're here to protect our nation and our way of life.
    2. We don't quit.
    3. We DO need to know our enemy!
    As stated above, isn't that what every group, team, nation, army, does? Isn't that what we do here. I know that many of us, myself included, spend much of our valuable time, doing research, both pro and con, so that on ALIPAC, we can get an education: learn and thus, BE AWARE of both sides of the issue, so we can as a group be more effective in this struggle. That's why ALIPAC goes to the trouble of maintaining the extensive archives we have, IMO.
    4. So therefore, if I know enough Spanish, to listen to the opponents, when THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE SPEAKING PRIVATELY, and understand what they're saying so that I can protect me and mine, what's wrong with that? Remember that I have been a long-term victim of criminal illegal Hispanic gang members. Perhaps, if I had known even more, everyday Spanish, rather than just medical Spanish, I would have been better prepared for their criminal actions and plans. I would have known better how to protect myself, and could have assisted the overwhelmed gang unit, that was trying so hard to catch those jerks, with intel.
    5. I do absolutely believe in 'English only" with forced learning of English by LEGAL immigrants. By forced, I mean in the way it's always been done...no other language in or on any gov't anything...English only in schools, other than 2nd language classes as CHOSEN BY THE STUDENTS WITH THEIR PARENTS' GUIDANCE AND PERMISSION. My children, were paired with newcomers from around the world, and were able to quickly teach them enough English that the children could get along in school and keep learning the language of their new home country. My Lithuanian Great-grandfather, had to learn English, and did so proudly.

Does the FORCING of a 2nd language in my own country against my will make me very angry. You bet! Just think about the response to the "Spanish National Anthem". Such blatent disrespect for our nation, IMO.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

MW......fine if it's a choice. But not when it's forced. Yes, a foreign language is required. Used to be a must to have Latin for anything in the medical field. Choice is the key.

When I went to high school.....many people were of German decent that were new legal Immigrants here. Their kids, who were my age, spoke English and took German as an easy credit and got their foreign language credit. There were just 2 of us who were actually trying to learn German in the class of 30. The rest were fluent and spoke it in their homes. Needless to say on a curve grading scale, the 2 of us didn't fair as well as the rest of the German class. There were also alot of Polish and you could muddle your way through a basic conversation since some words were similar. But we weren't forced into any language. It would have become "necessary" to "survive" if they held the same attitude as the Latinos do now. But they knew THEY were the newcommers and it was their job to learn English not for us to learn German or Polish. They brought alot of new restaurants and grocery stores into the economy. But their signs were in English. What if they refused to "assimilate"? Many became nurses etc. Even today....alot of the home health aids in this area, from reputable companies ,have German, Polish and Hungarian fairly new immigrants, for hire. They aren't demanding that the people they care for learn their language. They learn English if they want to work since most elderly here are Americans who speak English.

Since I am getting older and especially after seeing what my parents went through......I don't want somebody over me talking in a foreign language in my own country. I don't care what language it is. It's enough to understand medical jargon let alone when it's broken English and I'll be damned if it want it in a foreign language to boot! I shouldn't be required to bring a translator in my own country. Gee there's middle-eastern and oriental doctors, German nurses and Latino aids.......how many translators will I need?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

crazybird,
    When I went to high school.....many people were of German decent that were new legal Immigrants here. Their kids, who were my age, spoke English and took German as an easy credit and got their foreign language credit. There were just 2 of us who were actually trying to learn German in the class of 30. The rest were fluent and spoke it in their homes. Needless to say on a curve grading scale, the 2 of us didn't fair as well as the rest of the German class.
    Same thing in my high school, but this is when the influx of Cubans started. The first flood was the professional and upper classes. These kids, many of them, had been educated in Europe, so spoke 4 & 5 languages, each. These kids were being sqeezed into any possible class, one of which, was my Spanish 1 class. Yeh right The curve

So being the shy, unassuming girl I was I went to the teacher and demanded 2 curves...1 for native Spanish speakers, since they should NOT have been placed in our class, and a 2nd for us. Since I was a good girl type, the teacher actually did it! Activism at a young age! '

The only reason all the students were put in my class was that, as a school, we got 8 kids per class per day. Kids, literally, had to sit on the floor. Then ASAP, they'd try to move them. A tad disruptive to our education, wouldn't you say? Then the gov't moved many Cubans up north. Most did NOT stay.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Ya.....I was shy at that time too. But we looked at it as good study buddies to work with. Mind you, we had a Spanish woman teaching German to a class from Germany with the exception of the 2 of us. Then in college I had an Austrian, teaching French to a class of middle-easterners and me. Needless to say what I learned as foreign languages would probably constitute a different language all it's own.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast