Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    crazybird wrote:

MW......fine if it's a choice. But not when it's forced.
    Perhaps you misunderstood me. I don't believe I ever said, or implied, that Spanish should be forced on our youth. Unfortunately though, the reality of the situation is this problem isn't going to be fixed overnight. Like curiouspat said, I don't think there is anything wrong with learning Spanish as a 2nd language to better enable us to understand our enemy, especially when they choose to disrespect us in a public place by speaking their national language. For the record, I'm talking about Latino illegal immigrants. IMHO, the old adage "knowledge is power" fits in this instance. In this situation, encouraging our kids to take Spanish as their required second language is only serving to beef up our reserve forces. I feel our children will be fighting this issue for years to come and knowing the language of the enemy will empower them. Knowing the language is only a tool - the strength of the tool being used depends on its application. Will knowing Spanish win the war for us or will it make getting through to our elected officials any easier? No it won't, but its addition in our tool box can only help in the long run.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW,

Wasn't one of the problems with our intel in Iraq, lack of folks in the intelligence community with knowledge of the language? That there was sooo much info, but not enough analysts to go through it?
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Perhaps you misunderstood me.
    No...I didn't. My response wasn't clear. I was agreeing with you as long as it was a choice and you never implied otherwise. I understand your reasoning and agree. There is a part of me that would like to know what the opposition is saying. Then on the other hand.......knowing how bad they hate me already....I don't think I'd handle detailed remarks that well. Or if I heard filthy remarks about my daughters. It's enough being an old Gringo. Let alone a crazy old Gringo.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

English is taught in China. They see it as a pathway to prosperity. I work with some of them they take pride in their language skills. When the Chinese move to our school district they work damn hard to learn english so their kids can prosper. The Chinese immigrant students are consistantly at the top of the rankings in our district. When asked what they need by the PTA, the Chinese immigrants ask how they can assimilate the quickest. When the PTA asks the spanish immigrants, they want seperate PTA sessions for spanish parents and interpreters. Whats wrong with this picture?

If we all need to learn spanish in the US, then the battle is lost and my children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren will likely be looking for another country to emigrate. Our school is trying to squeeze out non-spanish language courses for elementary school. Everytime they try the parents push back. For now its spanish and french and we chose french for our 1st grader.... Spanish is easy to pick up and lose at any time.

I would only have one reason to see that kids learn Spanish, that is to know ones enemies, they threaten to take over parts of America, we need to know what they are saying behind our backs. That is how wars are won, the knowledge of knowing ones enemies and what they are conspiring behind our backs. Both the 1st and 2nd world wars were won partly by using the language of the Choctaw and the Najavo code talkers, the Germans nor the Japanese were able to break that code and it was a very significeint win for the Allies, it helped to turn the tide of the war to our side. It has only been in recent years that that code is no longer classified information. As bad as I hate to admit it, our young ones need to learn spanish, their lives may depend on it!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Exactly, nitty.

Wow are you on a streak today!!!!

Good for you!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Ya nitty.....you make a valid point.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am against them tryin to teach them at such a young age. I mean common at that age what kind of grasp do they have on the english language. Why confuse the children...My youngest is now in the 4th grade. When she brings home her homework (like in the past) its subjects we learned a couple yrs later. So the 4th grade are working on 6th grade subjects. We already pour to much onto them. We do not need to be throwing another language at them.

It might be good for our children to learn another language. However I am against them being told that they will learn spanish. There are so many other languages out there. It should be the choice of the children on what other language they wish to learn. This should be in High-School and by choice............................................ ..
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

Ya nitty.....you make a valid point.
    Absolutely and a great example of a pro active defensive position. Choctaw and the Najavo code talkers were a stroke of genius. Something uniquely American.

If I sounded harsh earlier it is only because I can not accept working from a position of defeat. Call me what you will but I will never give in. If you start accepting it will happen or it is inevitable you have already defeated yourself. It is impossible to win coming from that position.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Though I don't have children (yet), I am horrified to think that learning the spanish language could ever become mandatory curriculum for the early grade school children of American citizen parents! This should be a parental choice..period!

On the flip side I, as an adult, have chosen to learn Spanish for the same reason Curiouspat sites: I want to know what these invaders, and their supporters, are up to.

Word.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast