Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I've had the experience of finding out that a "friend" was illegal. You know what I did? Stopped being her and her family's friend and reported them.

I had the experience of one of my closest, closet friends break my heart and tell me that she was allowing her mother and father in law move to the U.S., overstay their visa and stay. You know what I did? Told her it was wrong and that I couldn't believe that she would consider doing such a thing. My kids said, "Mom, what are you going to do!!" They knew the deep friendship our families have had. I said, "Well, I will consider our friendship to be over if she does it." They asked if I would report it. I said, "Yes."

I am happy to say that she called two weeks ago and decided not to do it. She is also from another country. I am very happy about her decision and we expect to get our families together for the holidays.

For me it goes like this:

God, Country, Family

Some people say it should be God, Family, Country. I guess I learned it this way because if you have a dangerous or bad country it could cause your family, whom you love so much terrible or very bad experiences.

Anyway, I'm just doing the best that I can. Trying to be an American who is paying attention and caring about what tomorrow will bring....for every country....but my first loyalty is to my own country for obvious reasons. But I do care very much about people in other countries and that certainly includes Mexico. I wish they could do better and I believe that it is possible that they can with a lot of effort and determination.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LegalUSCitizen, it is a difficult situation. I know an illegal woman, she is working as a teacher, she came to this country with 3 kids, her husband die, left a home insurance over $100K, and $80K savings they had, instead of paying the mortgage left on the house she sent that money to her country and bought properties there. She says that if she keeps any money here, she can't get the benefits she is getting. The school where she works is a religious private school, and they don't have a health plan for the employes. This woman gets everything free of charge for her, and her 3 children, she is even getting social security for the youngest child, the husband worked in this country illegally for 10 years, and the youngest son is going to get Social Sec. for 12 years. When I see this, how those people take advantage of this country, it makes me sick.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    opinion, I am not saying I pity them, at all, I simply feel bad for this kid as he is really a nice kid and wants to be an American and shuns the "Mexipride" which the rest of the kids around here have.

In reference to how the people in our complex are, this kid told our son that all of the Latino parents get very angry at their kids if they hit another Latino kid, even if they deserved it, he said. He said he was told that "it did not matter what the Latino kids did to to the white kids", but not to hit other Latinos.

No, I do not feel sorry, lawbreaking is lawbreaking. My suggestion about the woman and her sympathizers in Arkansas was sarcasm. It is true, Americans welcome people who are good and abide by the laws, that also was my point.

I would welcome my sons friend if he had the chance to go back turn 18 and come legally, I feel he would make a good citizen.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"gofer"

You nailed it. These people are refusing to see what is happening throughout America. I live in NC and it sickens me to what is happening in California. If one inch of American ground is taken over by a foreign culture, who ever they may be, we all lose in the end.

We must protect who we are and what we have built this land to be.
    D.W.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    opinion, I am not saying I pity them, at all, I simply feel bad for this kid as he is really a nice kid and wants to be an American and shuns the "Mexipride" which the rest of the kids around here have.

In reference to how the people in our complex are, this kid told our son that all of the Latino parents get very angry at their kids if they hit another Latino kid, even if they deserved it, he said. He said he was told that "it did not matter what the Latino kids did to to the white kids", but not to hit other Latinos.

No, I do not feel sorry, lawbreaking is lawbreaking. My suggestion about the woman and her sympathizers in Arkansas was sarcasm. It is true, Americans welcome people who are good and abide by the laws, that also was my point.

I would welcome my sons friend if he had the chance to go back turn 18 and come legally, I feel he would make a good citizen.
    I understand your point AmericanElizabeth. I know that even though we are against law breakers, we also have feelings, and see the good, and the bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12