Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Where are all the American Kids in Schools?

Hello from a newbie!!

Am I crazy because I don't want my child in a school with 60% at risk students? Not to mention all of the language-barriers.....and also 60% free and reduced lunch. I don't live in the ghetto or slums just the burbs....but of course a mile away we have apts. with 100% spanish speaking tenants. I don't have a problem with free lunch for the poor...but isn't 60% a bit high for any one school in any district? I put in for a transfer like asap (grade K) if it doesn't happen moving him with my ex is the only option. The principal incorporates Spanish daily....can you guess what her ethnicity is? I have to be the first parent to register a child and try to transfer them on the same day. I missed the deadline for private this year will be on it next year.

Thanks for listening
    *Sorry for the errors....I make alot of mistakes when angry*
    Ressiepooh(Depressed Raleigh,NC resident)

Did I post in the wrong spot?

Just wanted to vent.
    Ressiepooh

Ressiepooh, what you are describing is pretty much the case all over America now. This is what I hear, and this is what I see at our schools in the more northern counties of south Florida.

Ressie, I believe many of the students are now homeschooling and for those who can afford it, private school.

I agree with you, that it is no crime for a child to receive free or reduced lunches, but the problem is, you know many of these kids are in the U.S. illegally. THIS IS A PROBLEM IN OUR U.S. PUBLIC SCHOOLS. A BIG ONE.

In all honesty, I believe there will not be any changes and there will be only a worsening of this situation until the next president is in office. What is horrifying, is wondering whether or not it will be too late.

Our politicians don't care...their kids are in private school. Once again the problem is originating from our open borders. You being here, in all honesty is probably the best way for you to help our children and our schools. A LOT of our present elected officials will have to be voted out of office....it is our greatest hope that attention will finally be focused on all the problems Americans are now experiencing in a very serious way.

Please excuse my spelling errors tonight also. We spent all day at our high school, and I'm pretty tired. I can relate to what you are saying 100%, Ressie. Welcome to ALIPAC!! THANK YOU for joining us and for speaking up about what is going on in our schools. As schools open up around the country, there will be many people coming to ALIPAC because they are having grave concerns regarding their children.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Ress

You put your finger on the problem. This is a question of numbers--America has always brought in immigrants who spoke different languages but never have we seen such an absolute tidal wave of people with absolutely no intention of speaking our language or assimilating. It is foolish to believe American can survive this onslaught while retaining anything near our current standard of living. I live outside Dallas and just ten years ago I almost never encountered people who didn't speak English but now it's literally everywhere. I mean I hear people speaking other languages every single day.

We Americans have become too tolerant. We have become tolerant to the point of self-destruction if we don't grow a brain. What Tony Blaire is doing right now in England is absolutely right on the money--he said yesterday that immigrants coming into their land must play by England's rules or they can get out. That's leadership. We need that desperately.

Starting to feel better knowing I'm not alone. Yes, Private School is the route we'll go next year....impending Divorce caused me to miss the deadline this year.

Glad to be here!!!!
    Ressie

Welcome Ressie,

It's always a pleasure to meet someone that shares our concerns that has found us. I hope you will become an active member of our forums and help us with our cause.

Dont hesitate to call on me if I can be of any assistance.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WELCOME TO ALIPAC Ressiepooh!!

My heart breaks that you have to spend for private schools because of the spanish invasion. These schools are for American Children not Foreign Nationals.

Help us fight this illegal immigration all you can!!

It's not fair for you to pay school taxes to educate Foreign Nationals and because of that be forced to send your child to private school or send your child to stay with your ex just so he/she can have the high quality education American Children are GUARANTEED BY OUR US CONSTITUTION!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hi, Ressie.

What is happening in NC as well as across the nation is the "dumbing down" of our children. As teachers are forced to spend more and more time on non-Englishing speaking children to bring their end of grade tests up to passing, your/my child will be denied his/her full learning potential.

I've heard but haven't been able to confirm, the K-4/5 school in Siler City (Chatham County) will teach kindergarten entirely in Spanish this year. Next year the 1st grade class will be taught 50/50 English/Spanish or I guess it should be Spanish/English. I certainly hope this isn't true but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Every year UNC takes new faculty on a "bus tour" of the state. I know for at least the last 2 years their Chatham stop has been in the hispanic communities in Siler City. I believe the last one was a chicken pickin place there.

I'd like to see NC forget "No Child Left Behind", give back the federal money, and teach all classes in English only with NO ESL classes at all.

It really bothers me the way our children are treated in the schools we're paying for. I'll get off my soapbox now.

WELCOME!

Welcome Ressie,

I'm a Raleigh area resident also and share your concerns.

You should put in a call to the Wake County School Board concerning the daily incorporation of spanish. That doesn't sound right. If the kids are going to American schools they should be focusing on english.

To get off track here just a little, have you checked out the job postings for employement with Wake County recently? A good number of postings in the social services section say "APPLICANTS WITHOUT BILINGUAL SKILLS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED." What's up with that? We can't discriminate against someone because of their sex, religion, ethnic background, disabilities, etc., but now we can because of their spoken language?

No wonder you've had enuf, Had enuf. That is truly ALARMING. All over America, American parents are looking something like this:

And the bell hasn't even rung yet for the 2005-06 school year. Holy smoke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast