Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BobC:

We Americans have become too tolerant. We have become tolerant to the point of self-destruction if we don't grow a brain. What Tony Blaire is doing right now in England is absolutely right on the money--he said yesterday that immigrants coming into their land must play by England's rules or they can get out. That's leadership. We need that desperately.
    You hit it right on the nail!!!!

I was a carpenter on anything from a back porch to a high rise in S Fla during the 80's and 90's. I can tell you that I have watched that part of the country cater to hispanics for too long. Do they still have to say the Pledge of Allegience when the are 'sworn in' as legal US citizens?

In Miami, about 4 years ago, a woman working at the public school board was told she would be laid off if she didn't learn spanish in 30 days(can you believe that?). Boy did that disgust me. The woman explained that all she wanted was her job back. Nothing came of the person who told her that. She was talked about behind her back in spanish at work and she could ignore that just to keep her job. She later admitted in a Miami Herald story that she was tormented at work because of the language barrier. This kind of discrimination was not supposed to happen. The hispanics cried for years for equal treatment under the law, and as soon as they are a majority, the blow off any law that they don't agree with. If she had sued big time, a precedent might have been set. Instead, everything was swept under the rug. We never heard about this story again.

How about our mayor in Miami telling the federal offficials that they will not recieve one bit of help getting Elias Gonzales out of that little Havanna house? They come to power and run things their own way and ignore what really needed to be done--unite the boy with his father. Our own president's actions can be viewed the same way. Use the power to your advanatage and to hell with the citizens that put you there. LIAR!

Reverse discrimination is a tactic that will do us Americans in if we don't stop it. A suit should be brought forth anywhere were anyone claims that you cannot be hired because you are not bi-lingual. That shows a bias right there, towards the hispanics. 12 years ago, Miami cops who where bi-lingual tried to get a pay raise for being bi-lingual. Who in the hell do they think they are?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Ressie,
    This is why I push for home schooling or Private Schooling. Home schooling is great for those who cant afford to send their children to private schools plus it takes money from public schools that certainly don’t seem to be catering to the tax payers who fund them.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Home Schooling take money away from the schools? I didn't know this. Do they get rebates, refunds, tax credits...how does this work exactly?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I understand Rockfish's anger at our elected officials, but I have to respond to the Elian Gonzalez tangent.

Rockfish said:
    ---------------------------------------------
    How about our mayor in Miami telling the federal offficials that they will not recieve one bit of help getting Elias Gonzales out of that little Havanna house? They come to power and run things their own way and ignore what really needed to be done--unite the boy with his father.(...)
    -----------------------------------------------

I could be wrong, but I don't remember any legal process that ruled Elian should be removed from his American guardians.

Clinton wanted to prop up Castro, or make Castro look good by obeying his commands, so he obeyed.

Why should the mayor of Miami commit political suicide by helping the administration appease a murderer of his constituency?

The mayor probably would have been successfully sued for abetting the quasi-legal kidnapping.

"Unite the boy with his father"........... that sounds so compassionate.

With that logic, you could argue to IMPORT the father or son of ANY illegal alien already here.

In one sentence, you complain about the mayor NOT helping the president abuse power, then in the next sentence, you complain about the president abusing power.

You should support Bush in his quest to re-unite endless millions of fathers and sons in America.

If re-uniting fathers and sons trumps the law, you should love the compassion of president Bush.

Rockfish said:
    -----------------------------------------
    (.....)
    Use the power to your advanatage and to hell with the citizens that put you there.(....)
    ------------------------------------------------

That describes Bush all right, but the context is wrong.

I would guess that 90+ percent of the people who put that mayor in power did NOT want Elian deported.

Rockfish said:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    (...)A suit should be brought forth anywhere were anyone claims that you cannot be hired because you are not bi-lingual. (....)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Hell yeah!

-n
    "It is difficult to overcome the reflexes of national identity. But you will get there."

Bill Clinton, Paris, 8/9/2005

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Elian was absconded by his mother and taken to America without the knowledge of the father. He was kidnapped. She died enroute and his relatives in America took him in and tried to keep him in America when his father wanted him returned to Cuba.

The boy was returned to Cuba, reunited with his father, and they are both happy in Cuba.

This is a legal process for children.

Thank God the federal government at that time had the sense to follow it.

The Mayor of Miami at the time should have been jerked out of his office, put on a pallet and floated out to sea.

IMHO.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome to our forum, RessiePooh. The news you posted is truly ALARMING. This is going on right here in North Carolina??? If anyone has a list of schools in North Carolina who are doing this, could they please post it?? I want to be able to ATTACK my representatives ASAP because this is just NOT acceptable.

As for home schooling or private school--both are good alternatives BUT the majority of young people are either working and can't home-school or they are just barely making ends meet and can't afford private school. These are just not viable options for the majority of people so the answer is to PUSH, and PUSH HARD, to have this policy reversed.

And, I can't see how home-schooling is going to deprive the public schools of any money because those who home-school aren't allowed to withhold taxes that go to support schools, are they??

This is something that infuriates me beyond description and I would like to begin a campaign right now to DEMAND our representatives put a screeching halt to this.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Re: Where are all the American Kids in Schools?

Quote Originally Posted by ressiepooh
    Hello from a newbie!!

Am I crazy because I don't want my child in a school with 60% at risk students? Not to mention all of the language-barriers.....and also 60% free and reduced lunch. I don't live in the ghetto or slums just the burbs....but of course a mile away we have apts. with 100% spanish speaking tenants. I don't have a problem with free lunch for the poor...but isn't 60% a bit high for any one school in any district? I put in for a transfer like asap (grade K) if it doesn't happen moving him with my ex is the only option. The principal incorporates Spanish daily....can you guess what her ethnicity is? I have to be the first parent to register a child and try to transfer them on the same day. I missed the deadline for private this year will be on it next year.

Thanks for listening
    *Sorry for the errors....I make alot of mistakes when angry*
    Ressiepooh(Depressed Raleigh,NC resident)
    Ressiepooh
    First of all welcome.
    I am printing your letter here to go along with hundreds of others, to show My congressman and fellow american citizens on Monday night.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

AJ--

No, there wasn't any legal process that ruled Elian should be removed from the house. You have to remember, no one found to be true that the mother kidnapped Elian, it could have been a story conjured up by Castro just to make a political football out of the boy, just to yank our chain, The father could have been held at gunpoint and told what to say. This is how a dictatorship operates.

AJ wrote "Clinton wanted to prop up Castro, or make Castro look good by obeying his commands, so he obeyed". That's not true, AJ, Clinton was passing the job onto Janet Reno, whose job it was to handle this precedent-setting international fiasco. She made a decsision which the majority of Americans in Dade and Broward counties agreed with. The boy should have been re-united with his father. Im sorry that you feel this is toooo compassionate.

AJ wrote: With that logic, you could argue to IMPORT the father or son of ANY illegal alien already here". No, AJ, not import--export. Besides, I believe that family should be together under any political weather. Family must stay together even if it means leaving these United States and going back to a dictatorship. You would know that if you have kids. If the father is illegal, or its the mother, or who ever, that's the person who should go back to the family. I'm sorry you feel that this is too compassionate.

AJ wrote: "In one sentence, you complain about the mayor NOT helping the president abuse power, then in the next sentence, you complain about the president abusing power." I'm sorry, President Clinton wasn't abusing power with this incident--how do you figure that? He did his job by letting Janet Reno do her job.

AJ wrote: You should support Bush in his quest to re-unite endless millions of fathers and sons in America."

I would agree wth you if bushy boy was supporting the uniting them by moving them back to their own country...I'm not one of these people who believe that we are RESPONSIBLE to carry out all of the human rights issues, like the liberals while other countries bushy deals with do not.

AJ wrote: You should support Bush in his quest to re-unite endless millions of fathers and sons in America". Wrong again, AJ, you shouldn't put words in my mouth

I don't believe that fathers and sons reuniting trumps any law. I wasn't saying that the father should come to the US, I was saying that the boy needs to go back to Cuba.

My guess is AJ, that you misconstrued just about everything I said in my posting. Not everyone can think and act as you do. I'm here to support the idea of fighting against illegal immigration and I am not here to pass judgement. The next time you quote somebody, make sure your facts are straight and don't be so quick to pass judgement. I look forward to your reply.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh wow, the Elian case!!! That one stirred so much controversy!!
    People felt and OBVIOUSLY still feel very strongly about their opinions!

First let me say that we will all disagree from time to time on particular cases.....our ideas and opinions are not always going to be in complete congruence with each other when it comes to particular cases...such as Elian.

That case stirred so much emotion, and I remember adamantly believing that Elian should go back to Cuba. This is why.

First of all, as a parent, I was horrified that a child had been wisked away or abducted by the mother. Her goal of bringing him to freedom was understandable, but I would never put my children out to sea in a raft, unless death to us or to the child was imminent. I felt that was extremely irresponsible.

I was horrified at the thought of a child being taken away from his other parent like that....to the extent that Elian may have never (or at least for a very long time) have seen his father again. There IS a bond which exists between parents and their children which deserves EXTREME respect and consideration. On top of that, Elian was experiencing the death of his mother. It is quite possible that he needed the love and closeness of his father MORE than freedom, at least at that point in his life.

We never knew for sure whether Castro was holding a gun to his father's head forcing him to demand him back, but to bring the two (father and son) back together seemed to be the best decision.

Oddly enough, when I was a flight attendant I traveled to Cuba several times on special charter flights, and once due to a mechanical problem had to spend the night and an entire day. The crew took a taxi and went out to see Havanna. I was surprised to see some of the people who seemed okay with their situation. I did, however see some people who seemed like they'd be happy to jump on a raft tomorrow. They looked unhappy, and the taxi driver used sign language to let us know that he could only say so much as he was fearful that his taxi could be bugged with a recording devise. I saw young people dancing and having a good time at a disco, just like in America. I came to the conclusion that there were some people desiring to flee and some who would choose to stay. I think there are some people who would rather stay with their homeland still believing and hoping that the day will come when Castro is gone. This was the way our Taxi driver felt. He preferred to stay with his family and in his homeland than to leave it.

So having met a lot of those people, (and we talked to some young people at the disco as well who WANTED to remain), I knew that fleeing Cuba MAY NOT be the choice for Elian's father. Maybe someday we will know. But I believed that just because the man lived in a country ruled by a dictator that he should not be denied his parental rights.

This was one time I agreed with Clinton. The mayor of Miami, blatantly told Janet Reno and the President that he would NOT COMPLY. This was because he put the Cuban community as the force which he would comply with. EVERY CUBAN in Miami thought he should STAY. MILLIONS of Americans thought he should be returned, and the Republicans largely rallied behind the Cubans in Miami and against Clinton and Reno.

WELL. Mainly I'd like to say, that the opinions of people on this were very divided. Aj, I get the feeling you were among those who wanted him to stay. Okay, as I said we looked at this from many different angles. There were times when I wasn't 100% sure my opinion to send him back was correct. But I felt confident that it was more right than wrong.

I do know one thing, we all agree pretty unaminously that THE BORDERS and ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION are the issues of TODAY!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast