Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When the media shows simpathy for illegal aliens and none for the citizens who's rights are the media protecting? The legall alieans, their own rights or the rights of the people.

would it be ok to make t-shits with the statue of liberty crying because the government wount protect our liberties. To raise money to do a commerical that would raise public awareness.

Hey Lost!
    I read your paper and it seems you did a fair amount of research and presented it reasonably well, but with a few omissions. (One tip I'll offer is to do some serious proofreading before you turn it in to eliminate a number of spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.)

When you described in "The Problem" how early immigration and today's illegal immigration differ, you could have made the case that during the first 400 or so years it was a "do or die" situation for those coming here. By this I mean there was no "free lunch" and you worked your way to prosperity or died trying. Welfare programs are the key element which "enables" the current situation and those avenues need to be closed to all traffic immediately!

Also, in your section on "Possible Solutions", you offered only those expounded upon by D. Griswold of the Cato Center. You may well find some very different suggestions on this and other sites to include. For instance, who in their right mind would suggest that an illegal do a "touch back" temporarily into his/her own country of origin to qualify for legal entry here? After all, many of them came here legally to start with and refused to leave when their visa expired. Again, who in their right mind would expect to be able to police/enforce a "temporary worker visa" when we can't even track down those who overstay their visa now?

I have to disagree with Mr. Griswold on his assessment of needing so many jobs filed that we MUST legalize the criminals to do so. I have a 17 year old son who needs to enter the work force and I have no idea where to send him to start looking. All the entry level jobs in my area appear to be filled already and I bet you can guess who is in them.....Anybody else out there feel my pain?

As for hefty fines, who ultimately would end up actually paying those fines? Why the taxpayers of America of course! If an illegal comes here to work because he has no money in his/her home country, where would the fine money come from? Probably from under the matress or in the spare tire where the drug money or federal/state tax refund is hidden. You say, "What state or federal tax refund?" Why the one that he/she received after filing with that pesky ITIN or stolen social security number of course! Sure many of them pay taxes, but they also are aware they can file and get them back (probably with a dividend from the earned income credit to boot) at year's end!

All of us need to realize that their networks of established illegals and for-hire advisors have shown them every possible way to work the system. I recently read of an illegal who was fired because his documentation appeared not to be in order. He later returned and reapplied for his job with an apparently legitimate social security card. At that time he also asked to change his withholding allowance to reflect his 4 children which he somehow forgot about the first time he filled one out. (Did I mention the guy was known to be single with no kids?) You then wonder, "How can he get away with that? The IRS will catch him!" Right!?!?!? HIM WHO?
    Anybody know the guys real name or address???

I don't know about the "LAdy Liberty crying" T-shirts, but I bet you could sell some bumper stickers that say,

BUY AMERICAN (IF YOU CAN FIND IT)

or

MADE IN AMERICA (by everybody else)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12