Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by sofedup
    I have a question about taxes. I keep hearing that low-income people don't pay- in fact some get more in refunds than they paid in. If you look at the EITC rules, you have to have made very, very little to qualify. It's not a get-rich quick scheme, that's for sure.

My point is, I pay over 20% of my income to taxes every year and I don't get a refund. I'm in the lowest bracket imaginable. Yet according to the beer story on another post, 4 out of ten people can get away with not paying at all. Why is there a perception that poor people don't pay taxes? I'm talking income tax - not just sales and other taxes. I keep hearing this but 28% of my paycheck goes out the window never to be seen again. Is there something I don't know? I'm in the lowest tax bracket imaginable, yet I pay thousands of dollars a year. And now that I had to raid my tiny 401K to live this year, I'm in a WORLD of hurt this April. I honestly don't know what to do. So can someone tell me why we have a perception that poor citizens don't pay taxes? BTW I don't get any help from anywhere. I do qualify for housing assistance, and I applied during the week you could, but the waiting list for me is approx. 56 years given my "lottery"-determined place in line. The day before the "lottery" opened, I saw a FULL-PAGE ad in the San Jose Mercury News in SPANISH telling everyone to hurry up and apply. 60,000 people applied and they only assist 100-1000 families a year. I don't want public assistance - I want a job that pays enough to live on. How do all these people get help though, and not me?
    If you are in California, you are not going to get any help---if you are competing with the millions of illegals!!!

Yes, low income people do pay taxes!!

It is sickening that the illegals are getting away with DESTROYING California-----and the citizens/tax payers are being taxed to support them!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Isn't it ironic??? Our economy is sinking into a deep recession, and those wonderful illegals, all 38M of them, are still here! Yep...they are doing a great job of keeping us afloat! And, while we're at it...let's have more outsourcing...

But Jorge Bush has the solution! Let's stimulate the economy...we'll give every eligible person a few hundred dollars to go on a shopping spree! Whee! Problem solved!

I've heard Jorge say insulting things before. But when I heard him talking about this tax rebate in terms of it being given to low income people and others who will spend it right away....translation "are so broke they have no choice but to spend it immediately".....I was infuriated.

How dare they count on those of us with the greatest need to able to save right now, as a cushion against what's coming, to keep the economy afloat?

I've already told my husband that if, by any fat chance, we're eligible, that money will no more be spent than will our tax refund be spent. That refund and some disbursements we have coming are going to be used as a good solid foundation to rebuild our savings because we're going to need it if we're to survive what's coming.

BTW: Does anyone know yet exactly what income brackets they are planning this rebate to cover?
    CNN scroll at the bottom said: for single under $85,000 and for married under $110,000
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Sofedup....

The reason you and millions more like us cannot get ahead and often fall back into a financial abyss is that WE are Americans! Illegals (and other ethnic groups) arrive in this country with a PHD on How To Beat The System! Not only do they NOT pay income tax, they claim up to 9 dependents and receive an earned income tax refund of around $2500. In Ca, they can collect $500/mo or more/per child from CALWORKS if they are unemployed and can prove that they have been 'looking for a job'. There are dozens of organizations , in addition to our gov., for Hispanics ONLY that provide medical services, food, clothing, etc.

The underground cash economy in CA is staggering. Think of how far your money would go if you didn't have to give the gov. half of it. Add to that the fact that when things get tough, IE's just take in more fellow IE's to split the rent! Also, hispanics do a lot of their shopping at swap meets and garage sales. You never see them at upscale dept. stores.

Here's another observation...have you ever noticed the large number of stay-at-home hispanic mothers???? American women don't have that luxury!

I would be willing to bet that if amnesty is passed, and 38M illegals become legal permanent residents subject to our tax code...they will still continue the cash undergound economy. If our gov. thinks they will end up paying their fair share of taxes...think again. Leopards do not change their spots. They will always claim 'poverty' and will continue to get the benefits. If they get amnesty, they will be allowed to travel back and forth to Mexico as they please; and no one will be able to keep track of them. They could conceivably work in the US six months of the year and go back to Mexico for R & R. And, of course they will be bringing the rest of their familes to the US to continue the cycle.

Hispanics, legal and illegal, have TWO countries now; and we Americans have NO country anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GRITS
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Isn't it ironic??? Our economy is sinking into a deep recession, and those wonderful illegals, all 38M of them, are still here! Yep...they are doing a great job of keeping us afloat! And, while we're at it...let's have more outsourcing...

But Jorge Bush has the solution! Let's stimulate the economy...we'll give every eligible person a few hundred dollars to go on a shopping spree! Whee! Problem solved!

I've heard Jorge say insulting things before. But when I heard him talking about this tax rebate in terms of it being given to low income people and others who will spend it right away....translation "are so broke they have no choice but to spend it immediately".....I was infuriated.

How dare they count on those of us with the greatest need to able to save right now, as a cushion against what's coming, to keep the economy afloat?

I've already told my husband that if, by any fat chance, we're eligible, that money will no more be spent than will our tax refund be spent. That refund and some disbursements we have coming are going to be used as a good solid foundation to rebuild our savings because we're going to need it if we're to survive what's coming.

BTW: Does anyone know yet exactly what income brackets they are planning this rebate to cover?
    CNN scroll at the bottom said: for single under $85,000 and for married under $110,000

Thanks Grits!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have a question about taxes. I keep hearing that low-income people don't pay- in fact some get more in refunds than they paid in. If you look at the EITC rules, you have to have made very, very little to qualify. It's not a get-rich quick scheme, that's for sure.

My point is, I pay over 20% of my income to taxes every year and I don't get a refund. I'm in the lowest bracket imaginable. Yet according to the beer story on another post, 4 out of ten people can get away with not paying at all. Why is there a perception that poor people don't pay taxes? I'm talking income tax - not just sales and other taxes. I keep hearing this but 28% of my paycheck goes out the window never to be seen again. Is there something I don't know? I'm in the lowest tax bracket imaginable, yet I pay thousands of dollars a year. And now that I had to raid my tiny 401K to live this year, I'm in a WORLD of hurt this April. I honestly don't know what to do. So can someone tell me why we have a perception that poor citizens don't pay taxes? BTW I don't get any help from anywhere. I do qualify for housing assistance, and I applied during the week you could, but the waiting list for me is approx. 56 years given my "lottery"-determined place in line. The day before the "lottery" opened, I saw a FULL-PAGE ad in the San Jose Mercury News in SPANISH telling everyone to hurry up and apply. 60,000 people applied and they only assist 100-1000 families a year. I don't want public assistance - I want a job that pays enough to live on. How do all these people get help though, and not me?
    Make sure you are reading the Earned Income Credit correctly because if you are low income I feel you may qualify.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

All employers who have paid illegals under the table or with false documents should not only be fined but also be charged for tax evasion.
    ------------------------

I can read fine print better than most. I do not qualify for any credits. :-/

When I have the iron stomach and time, I will post a copy of a Housing Authority letter that was prepared for someone who may well have been an illegal. They were at minimum an Hispanic with a major entitlement attitude. Bottom line - the monthly contract rent amount was $2150 to the owner by the county. The tenants portion had been reduced from $191 to $28. That's when I called the HA to ask if I qualified and they said yes but the program had been closed for years. I said ok then, humor me, tell me the money only went to American citizens.... his response verbatim "you know better than that." I hung up and went around shaking the rest of the day. I was working full time for less money than she was getting for free.

I can read fine print better than most. I do not qualify for any credits. :-/

When I have the iron stomach and time, I will post a copy of a Housing Authority letter that was prepared for someone who may well have been an illegal. They were at minimum an Hispanic with a major entitlement attitude. Bottom line - the monthly contract rent amount was $2150 to the owner by the county. The tenants portion had been reduced from $191 to $28. That's when I called the HA to ask if I qualified and they said yes but the program had been closed for years. I said ok then, humor me, tell me the money only went to American citizens.... his response verbatim "you know better than that." I hung up and went around shaking the rest of the day. I was working full time for less money than she was getting for free.
    That's sickening.
    But all of that will come to a stop here in OK. and in AZ.
    ------------------------

I heard that and laughed myself. They were worried people might SAVE it or PAY PAST due bills......they were hoping they'd run out and get that lap-top computer though. How about all that money sent out of our economy to Mexico etc? I'm sure that doesn't have a thing to do with our failing ecomomy now...does it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12