Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Where is the LEGAL HISPANIC OUTCRY?!?

I've come to notice lately that, much like the lack of loud and very public Muslim outcry that "a handful of radicals have hijacked their religion", the same can be said for the Hispanic community on illegal immigrants.

Why are the LEGAL Hispanics either:

- remaining silent
    - screaming "racism"
    - intentionally skewing the issue

Why do I NOT hear LEGAL MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS yelling LOUDLY to have their voices heard AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION?!?! Where are you, LEGAL HISPANICS?!?!

In fact, it's SO bad now that I heard some loudmouthed, slackjawed idiot SENATOR of Hispanic descent CONTINUE to cloud the issue and refer to the issue at hand as "immigration" or "Mexican immigrants". He continued to frame the issue in the WRONG LIGHT, insisting that it's an issue of racism, NEVER ONCE REFERRING TO THESE ILLEGALS *AS* ILLEGALS.

So, again, much like it will take Musilms...PEACEFUL Muslims, to speak out against those who would hijack their religion, IT WILL TAKE LEGAL MEXICAN IMMIGRANT OUTRAGE AND LOUD VOCALIZATION to bring this into the light.

Remember this, LEGAL MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS: If you're not part the solution, YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

Stand up for your values. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED AS AN AMERICAN. Stand up for your RIGHTS as a naturalized AMERICAN CITIZEN and DENOUNCE the illegal immigration, loudly and publically.

DO IT NOW!!

With the resurgence of the KKK and other White Supremacists, I'm wondering why Caucasions and Caucasion leaders are not doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    With the resurgence of the KKK and other White Supremacists, I'm wondering why Caucasions and Caucasion leaders are not doing the same.
    ?! Afraid I don't follow. I, for one, am glad these groups aren't getting involved at any real public level. I believe it would skew the issue even further. I don't believe the KKK and/or White Supremacists are credible organizations who speak out for legislation, and would instead spread their hate, emboldening hispanics both legal and illegal. Their involvement would lend credence to those who call this issue a "racist" issue.

We are out here and there are a lot of us, but I have to tell you that most Hispanics will not speak out publicly for fear of reprisal from the hispanic communities they live in. I have already felt it. Since I've been on Univision quite a bit, people have seen me and I've been asked why I have taken such a traitorous stance against my "own kind". When I walk into the mexican grocery store to get the stuff I need to make my native dishes, I've noticed that the clerks that were once extremely friendly and talkative now limit themselves to asking "what can I do for you", very short and downright unfriendly.

Also, I know that there are a lot of legal residents that have brought illegal relatives to live here and are hoping for an immigration reform.

But as I said before, there are those of us who are not afraid to speak out against illegal immigration and will continue to do so!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel

Why do I NOT hear LEGAL MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS yelling LOUDLY to have their voices heard AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION?!?! Where are you, LEGAL HISPANICS?!?!
    How can they? Their cousins, uncles, aunts are here illegaly!

Quote Originally Posted by dianasanchez
    We are out here and there are a lot of us, but I have to tell you that most Hispanics will not speak out publicly for fear of reprisal from the hispanic communities they live in. I have already felt it. Since I've been on Univision quite a bit, people have seen me and I've been asked why I have taken such a traitorous stance against my "own kind". When I walk into the mexican grocery store to get the stuff I need to make my native dishes, I've noticed that the clerks that were once extremely friendly and talkative now limit themselves to asking "what can I do for you", very short and downright unfriendly.

Also, I know that there are a lot of legal residents that have brought illegal relatives to live here and are hoping for an immigration reform.

But as I said before, there are those of us who are not afraid to speak out against illegal immigration and will continue to do so!!
    Hi Diana,

Thanks for your response!! I figured this was at least part of the issue. It is unfortunate that the LEGALLY naturalized Hispanic community is turning a deaf ear to this issue, and for those like yourself who are STRONG and willing to STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT, STAND UP for the AMERICAN way of life, continue to be ostracized by those who should otherwise be looking to YOU as a role model...someone who's immigrated to this great nation LEGALLY!!

PLEASE don't lose heart. I know it must be VERY hard, but you're an American first and foremost, and as you're obviously well aware, your rights and your freedoms are in jeopardy.

I don't envy your position one bit....being ostracized by your own race for standing up for what's right and legal...being ostracized by whites/blacks alike for being Hispanic and falling into the "you're what's wrong" category for those too thick or uneducated to realize the difference between legal and illegal immigrants.

I support you and will stand by your side. I'd do it physically if I were there. Seriously. I'm very sorry that your community isn't standing by your side en masse, but with a vocal minority of LEGAL IMMIGRANTS such as yourself who refuse to stay silent, who continue to put themselves into uncomfortable situations to vocalize what's right, to stand as an example of legal immigration. I only hope you can continue to speak out against illegal immigration, and do it loudly. I certainly appreciate it, as to all who really care about the illegal immigration issue. Thanks for staying strong, citizen!!

There is a VERY LARGE group of hispanics in chapters across the country. The group is called "YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR ME." And they ARE speaking out. Not only do they call, email, write and fax members of congress, I've seen them on TV shows speaking out, and at rallies speaking out. In fact, our leader just posted this one under the thread VIDEOS: Stop Illegal Immigration Rally in Asheville, NC 7/23. Click on GENERAL DISCUSSION up on the left of this page, then on General Discussion.....IT IS THE 3RD LISTING DOWN. You can also watch William's videos there too.

Sometimes its prudent to check around..........

You Don't Speak for Me part 1
    http://one.revver.com/watch/315475

You Don't Speak for Me part 2
    http://one.revver.com/watch/315480

Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl369
    There is a VERY LARGE group of hispanics in chapters across the country. The group is called "YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR ME." And they ARE speaking out. Not only do they call, email, write and fax members of congress, I've seen them on TV shows speaking out, and at rallies speaking out. In fact, our leader just posted this one under the thread VIDEOS: Stop Illegal Immigration Rally in Asheville, NC 7/23. Click on GENERAL DISCUSSION up on the left of this page, then on General Discussion.....IT IS THE 3RD LISTING DOWN. You can also watch William's videos there too.

Sometimes its prudent to check around..........

You Don't Speak for Me part 1
    http://one.revver.com/watch/315475

You Don't Speak for Me part 2
    http://one.revver.com/watch/315480
    Point is, if I have to "check around", then the voices aren't loud enough. never heard of these folks.

It's great they're out there, but stating "sometimes it's prudent to check around......" indicates that the problem is on my end..that I'm not listening...that I'm not "looking hard enough". If the problem wasn't rampant, folks like Diana wouldn't be here stating what she did, and those that ARE listening wouldn't be saying "...uh...who?"

The illegal alien invasion causes us to look at all Latinos and wonder about their legality.
    We are so pissed off in this country at illegal Latinos that those who are legal might get pissed on, too.
    Illegals are stealing from all of us, but they are ruining the image of legal Latinos.
    I'm not prejudiced against legal Latinos. I just don't know them when I see them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast