Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by reform_now
    The illegal alien invasion causes us to look at all Latinos and wonder about their legality.
    We are so pissed off in this country at illegal Latinos that those who are legal might get pissed on, too.
    Illegals are stealing from all of us, but they are ruining the image of legal Latinos.
    I'm not prejudiced against legal Latinos. I just don't know them when I see them.
    That is EXACTLY why I posted this thread. Those of us who are citizens, naturalized or otherwise, NEED the LEGAL HISPANIC IMMIGRANTS to step up to the plate and denounce LOUDLY the rampant illegal hispanic immigration. To NOT support them, in private or otherwise. To NOT patronize them. To NOT hire them, hide them, shelter them, or subscribe to this criminal way of life.

Clearly there are many LEGAL hispanics who realize this is a REAL issue, but many like Diana face retribution from the illegals and those who sympathize with illegals. To move forward, these LEGAL Hispanics must step away from the pack..must speak even MORE loudly than those of us who aren't of Hispanic descent, in order that THEIR voices are heard LOUD AND CLEAR. Illegal immigration won't be tolerated any more, and the LEGAL HISPANIC COMMUNITY will no longer be a "safe haven" or a "free ride". Attempting to "hide" in a legal Hispanic community will be certain arrest and deportation.

It's SO important for those legal Hispanics to speak out, to make the illegals fear their LEGAL communities, they need to know that there is no place to hide if you're an illegal immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by dianasanchez
    We are out here and there are a lot of us, but I have to tell you that most Hispanics will not speak out publicly for fear of reprisal from the hispanic communities they live in. I have already felt it. Since I've been on Univision quite a bit, people have seen me and I've been asked why I have taken such a traitorous stance against my "own kind". When I walk into the mexican grocery store to get the stuff I need to make my native dishes, I've noticed that the clerks that were once extremely friendly and talkative now limit themselves to asking "what can I do for you", very short and downright unfriendly.

Also, I know that there are a lot of legal residents that have brought illegal relatives to live here and are hoping for an immigration reform.

But as I said before, there are those of us who are not afraid to speak out against illegal immigration and will continue to do so!!

Wow Diana- I am sorry that you are treated that way, especially when you are the one speaking out for what is right and lawful. Thank you for being brave to stand up for what you believe. More and more citizens, regardless of ethnicity, are standing up for what is right. Look at the way we all stopped the amnesty bill from being passed.

That is what we all need to do-regardless of race/ethnicity. I have been called the usual racist, xenophobe, etc. because I want to stop illegal immigration. This is not about race or ethnicity. I am against all lawbreakers. There are illegal aliens from all around the world. I do not care where you came from or how you got here, if you are illegal, please leave.

I really admire Hispanic Americans who stand up and speak out, but I also understand the fear they must feel and why many may not feel that they can do so at this time.

That said, I hope more will find the strength and courage to stand up with their fellow citizens and speak out against this illegal invasion.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The illegal alien invasion causes us to look at all Latinos and wonder about their legality.
    We are so pissed off in this country at illegal Latinos that those who are legal might get pissed on, too.
    Illegals are stealing from all of us, but they are ruining the image of legal Latinos.
    I'm not prejudiced against legal Latinos. I just don't know them when I see them.
    I speak fairly good English but you can detect a hispanic accent and believe me, I have felt this hate many many times. This makes ME pissed off at mexicans! I blame them and their shoving their damned flag down our throats. Everywhere I go I see that flag!!

Quote Originally Posted by HarmFamily
    It's great they're out there, but stating "sometimes it's prudent to check around......" indicates that the problem is on my end..that I'm not listening...that I'm not "looking hard enough". If the problem wasn't rampant, folks like Diana wouldn't be here stating what she did, and those that ARE listening wouldn't be saying "...uh...who?"
    "You don't speak for me" has even been on Lou Dobbs! Maybe the problem is on both ends.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

It is very difficult to have a logical discussion about illegal immigration in the Hispanic community. It immediately becomes an emotion-charged yelling contest, with accusations of traitor, and threats of violence. The mentality is not "let's analyse the issue", it's "you are with your people or against them". It's a bullying kind of mentality - one you can readily see in Latin America's political processes. Democracy, as Americans know it, with the free exchange of ideas, is not exactly how Hispanic communities are held together. Loyalty to the group is a given. Being an outcast is a punishment applied on every level, from not being invited to family celebrations, to being scorned and made fun of, to being physically without the family's "protection". The family is a wonderful warm haven, but also a tough control mechanism on its members.

I can feel for DianneSanchez and back up her story. There is a good reason why many Hispanics who are against illegal immigration don't speak out more publicly. That doesn't mean they aren't working to stop illegal immigration.

S. Alvarado
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    With the resurgence of the KKK and other White Supremacists, I'm wondering why Caucasions and Caucasion leaders are not doing the same.

Good point.....

Quote Originally Posted by dianasanchez
    I speak fairly good English but you can detect a hispanic accent and believe me, I have felt this hate many many times. This makes ME pissed off at mexicans! I blame them and their shoving their damned flag down our throats. Everywhere I go I see that flag!!
    Diana, that is an unfortunate upshot of the illegal Mexican invasion. People are so pissed, they now associate anyone who "looks" Hispanic or speaks with a Spanish accent with "illegal." Of course, we realize the vast majority of Hispanics living in the U.S. are legal law-abiding citizens.

The brazen Mexican flag waving, and arrogant behavior, only adds fuel to the fire. It will take the focal participation of decent Hispanics to change the negative image that is being portrayed, as well as, the unfavorable opinions many U.S. citizens have.

I commend you for your effort, and hope that others will soon realize their silence is a tremendous disservice to all legal Hispanics.

Quote Originally Posted by HarmFamily
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    With the resurgence of the KKK and other White Supremacists, I'm wondering why Caucasions and Caucasion leaders are not doing the same.
    ?! Afraid I don't follow. I, for one, am glad these groups aren't getting involved at any real public level. I believe it would skew the issue even further. I don't believe the KKK and/or White Supremacists are credible organizations who speak out for legislation, and would instead spread their hate, emboldening hispanics both legal and illegal. Their involvement would lend credence to those who call this issue a "racist" issue.
    I think Gabriel meant that us cacasions should speak out against the KKK and other white racist groups.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast