Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Where is the LEGAL HISPANIC OUTCRY?!?
    They're in the same place the moderate muslims are.

I see three explanations:

1) Either they are cowed by the hardliners
    2) Tacitly or actively supportive of the illegals
    3) Or they don't care enough to fight this fight

It's probably a mix of the three. The outspoken moderate is kind of an oxymoron, in any situation. Moderates wait until the fight is over and then pick sides.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

I am a registered Democrat, hispanic, union electrician, voter. But first and always, I am an American. My parents and all my grandparents and my great-grandparents were either Mexican or Indian ancestery. My parents, my uncles, brothers, cousins and I served in the military, and were taught respect for America and it's flag. The leaders, activists, liberals, hispanics, and sympathizers who attempt to betray America with a fire-sale of citizenship in exchange for cheap votes and cheap labor INFURIATE me. Illegal aliens MUST confront and change the inept and corrupt leaders of their own naturally blessed countries. They would garner our respect, admiration, support and assistance.
    I will never be swayed to support an "hispanic" issue deleterious to America. Unfortunately, many of our leaders have no such reservations. Legal Immigration, guest worker visa's, and border enforcement legislation must NEVER again be tied to any form of AMNESTY. I can speak only for myself and use my vote to counter they who protest, march, demand, trample and burn our flag...ON OUR SOIL! They love not America, but only use her. They lick the boots which kick them and bite the hand which feeds them. They speak not for me...now or ever! I am a grateful citizen of this greatest of Nations, and a brother with those who stand and defend her. My vote is cast with those who support U.S. sovereignty. Blessings to all who helped defeat the Shamnesty legislation. Muchisimas Gracias, for your resolve and ceaseless efforts. God Bless America, this Independence Day.....and always.

Rene Santana

Personally, I like to avoid identifying my race and ethnic background because I am American, period. I take issue with the whole idea that one ethnic group has to group together to form a seperate regiment in this fight.(I'm not saying that I'm against the groups that decide to do so, only that it shouldn't be expected.) What is the point of that? It just reinforces the whole racial divide and conciousness.

I recall a thread a week back that asked "Why aren't Black Americans doing anything about this?" And people started identifying their races. I recall, you, FedupDeb, expressing some insulted feelings that people would even ask such a question. You've been working as an American. I am working as an American. What does our race have to do with anything? I'm going to resist the urge to explain my background and ethnic mixtures and percentages, because I just don't think it should matter. I'll just say that I am always being asked because people can't figure it out by looking at me.

IMHO, When we continue to think like that, we are perpetuating the idea that Whites need to be able to say, see..there's a group of Hispanics that think like we do, and see....there's a group of Blacks that think like we do...in order to show that they are not racist. But I think Whites need to stop being defensive like that. I think whites need to get over the urge to "prove" they are not racist. That is a big psychological weakness that our opposition exploits.

Whites need to develop a thick skin so they don't feel the need to pull out a wallet full of ethnic faces to defend themselves against a false charge. It's about the only case where people are guilty until they can prove themselves innocent. But it is a proof that never really gets accepted, because the charge is false anyway. It is only to bring on a defensive reaction that obfuscates the real issue and gives the accusers victim status.

That said, there are certain "missions" against the opposition that only a Spanish-speaking person can do. And they can't do them if they have exposed themselves to notariety.

Please believe me when I say that there are lots of Hispanics fighting right by your sides and that many helped to shut down the phone lines the other day. Making public statements as part of an all-Hispanic group is not the only way for a person of Spanish heritage to fight illegal immigration.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

There is no major outcry from the Hispanic community about this illegal invasion mostly from Mexico because most of them only care about their "Raza" and it doesn't matter if they are legal or illegal. If these millions were Chinese illegals, then they would joining us in a public outcry.

The agenda is to outbreed, invade, and gain political clout by their sheer numbers. It is an agenda based on lawlessness, immorality and racism.

Quote Originally Posted by reform_now
    The illegal alien invasion causes us to look at all Latinos and wonder about their legality.
    We are so pissed off in this country at illegal Latinos that those who are legal might get pissed on, too.
    Illegals are stealing from all of us, but they are ruining the image of legal Latinos.
    I'm not prejudiced against legal Latinos. I just don't know them when I see them.
    I've found myself doing that too! It's human nature. The governent is creating this mess.....and seems the Dems are bringing up "race" in everything now!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    There is no major outcry from the Hispanic community about this illegal invasion mostly from Mexico because most of them only care about their "Raza" and it doesn't matter if they are legal or illegal. If these millions were Chinese illegals, then they would joining us in a public outcry.

The agenda is to outbreed, invade, and gain political clout by their sheer numbers. It is an agenda based on lawlessness, immorality and racism.
    I don't think that it is fair to say that most of the illegal and legal Hispanic community feel this way. I disagree. I would say most Illegals feel this way based on the protests, etc. I would agree that some legals feel this way as well. But to say MOST I think is overgeneralizing too much and is unfair.

There are plenty of "Hispanic" people that are disgusted with illegal aliens. Some speak out, some do not. Just as all other races/etnicities-white, black, german. Plenty of other races are FOR illegal immigration and most of what you described.

Some people of Hispanic descent speak out but refer to themselves as American not Hispanic.

I also think that the mainstream media is more inclined to show illegals burning the American flag and less inclined to show patriotic Americans of any etnicity-including Hispanic.

Plus as others have eluded to, there is a valid fear of reprisal.

Just my 2 cents.

Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory

I don't think that it is fair to say that most of the illegal and legal Hispanic community feel this way. I disagree. I would say most Illegals feel this way based on the protests, etc. I would agree that some legals feel this way as well. But to say MOST I think is overgeneralizing too much and is unfair.
    I agree. I think the agenda of which Oldglory speaks is being driven primarily by the numerous Hispanic advocacy groups and the blatant Reconquista movement. The danger of these groups lies in their proclivity for manipulating the poor and poorly-educated into believing they're being exploited by the dominant group-----fostering an "us against them" mentality--- and then attempting to radicalize them. They view them as a potentially massive political force to be fashioned as they see fit.

AGREED

One of my friends (or old friend to be propper), is a legal citizen, who BELIVES IN Illegal immigration! After saying my views (she didn’t like them) she threw a hissy and we never spoke again. (That was when the Illegal’s were marching in the streets and BS like that) Wondering the same thing...where are the Legal Immigrants screaming? Do they WANT ILLEGAL immigration or something?
    Illegals are Illegal..thats why we call them illegals.

I would like to think that it isn't "most" Hispanic citizens that are sympathic to the illegal invasion to the point of wanting amnesty for them and demonizing non-hispanics for not agreeing with them. I would also like to believe that this isn't a struggle for power in this country for them aka "reconquista" or that they don't want a bi-cultural, bi-lingual country but unfortunately I have seen too much, heard too much and read too much that supports my theory. I hope that I am wrong, however.

Well oldglory, I aint shopped meat. But you are right, my group aint speakin out enough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast