Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I was returning an item that was not needed .

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Didn't a store owner get in trouble for asking a hispanic for ID when the guy was buying something? I no longer give my DL for ID, I ask what other ID they accept.

Quote Originally Posted by feduphispanic
    I was returning an item that was needed .

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Didn't a store owner get in trouble for asking a hispanic for ID when the guy was buying something? I no longer give my DL for ID, I ask what other ID they accept.
    Even so, why would they need your ID for that?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

what the ##@!%^&*(^%$#@#!@:"+>?<
    I dont SHP at auto zone any more............

Proud to be an AMERICAN

If I am returning an item that I paid cash for and I have proof of purchase,when asked for an ID I tell them I needed no ID to buy so no ID to return. They sometimes tell me its store policy and I tell them my policy. I make noise and they give refund that I refuse to sign for X marks the spot. I understand Wally world has a policy if you return to many items they will refuse to refund.
    Many places are collecting info as "policy". I was asked for my drivers license and SS# for something where it wasn't required and was really upset and called all over about this policy because they refused to do business with me because I wouldn't. I was told it was fine. I don't hand over my personal info to meet their policy and they can refuse to serve me. Told me to shop somewhere else if I didn't like it. Fine. Wally world does have the policy that if you return too many items they will refuse to give you a refund. If you see how people abuse the policy, in a way you can understand why. People buy items and use them and then return them....like it's temporary rental facility. I've seen people buy TV's, and all party goods for a weekend bash and then turn around and return them on Monday. Complete with their frozen drinks still in the bottom of the blender..... Girls who go in and get an outfit for a date....wear it on the date and then return it. Ruins it for those who have a legit reason for returning them and a hint to always check what you buy in the store, before you give a used rice steamer as a wedding gift....complete with the used rice still stuck in it. After awhile you learn who the abusers are. They get short on cash and return something and then come back a couple weeks later and buy another one....to return later for cash. After awhile you have to cut them off.....department stores aren't rental agencies or pawn shops.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We've been having all sorts of businesses around here charging you more if you pay cash or check for something because they want your card numbers etc. I had to switch my garbage service because they wanted to charge me 10% more for paying by check instead of giving them my debit card or credit card info. There's tanning salons who won't take you as a client unless you use a card. Wouldn't be so bad if these companies weren't constantly on Ms. Fixit for continuing to take money out of your account when you no longer want their services or they aren't on the news for being the next business who "lost" all your info somewhere. Heck go to Radio Shack and they want all your info when you pay cash too.

I was just shocked to find out in one breath it's illegal to ask for this info, yet you're only recourse is to "shop somewhere else". My incident happened at one of those convience centers where you can renew your car stickers....figured if it was servicing something and sanctioned by the state they should abide by some rules. When I asked why they wanted all this info they said it was "policy"...and I was paying cash. When I questioned about the ease of ID theft....they said well...just a chance you have to take! Ohh....like I want to do business with them! Just seems no matter where you turn someone is wanting all sorts of personal info....whether it be for their security or in order for you to get a stores sales.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    We've been having all sorts of businesses around here charging you more if you pay cash or check for something because they want your card numbers etc. I had to switch my garbage service because they wanted to charge me 10% more for paying by check instead of giving them my debit card or credit card info. There's tanning salons who won't take you as a client unless you use a card. Wouldn't be so bad if these companies weren't constantly on Ms. Fixit for continuing to take money out of your account when you no longer want their services or they aren't on the news for being the next business who "lost" all your info somewhere. Heck go to Radio Shack and they want all your info when you pay cash too.

I was just shocked to find out in one breath it's illegal to ask for this info, yet you're only recourse is to "shop somewhere else". My incident happened at one of those convience centers where you can renew your car stickers....figured if it was servicing something and sanctioned by the state they should abide by some rules. When I asked why they wanted all this info they said it was "policy"...and I was paying cash. When I questioned about the ease of ID theft....they said well...just a chance you have to take! Ohh....like I want to do business with them! Just seems no matter where you turn someone is wanting all sorts of personal info....whether it be for their security or in order for you to get a stores sales.
    It used to be they charged you more when you used a credit card, because they get hit with merchant fees from the cc companies. I got rid of all my credit cards and pay cash. If I don't have the cash, then I don't need it that bad. Checks I use for big ticket items. In some states it is illegal to ask for a DL when you make a purchase, it is in my state. If a shop asks for this info, I leave the merchandise at the desk and leave. I then report them to the proper authorities for doing something which is illegal. I never shop there again.
    "

t used to be they charged you more when you used a credit card,
    Exactly.....guess selling personal info is more valuable these days.

I got rid of all my credit cards and pay cash. If I don't have the cash, then I don't need it that bad. Checks I use for big ticket items. In some states it is illegal to ask for a DL when you make a purchase, it is in my state.
    I got rid of all my credit cards too....didn't have a checking account for awhile either when I could go and pay cash at the business. Then little by little they got rid of those and I had to get an account. I signed up for the debit card because so many places on line and such don't give you the ability to pay by check plus because of the threat of being robbed.....now even that isn't safe. They just jump you outside a store and make you go to the bank or give up your number.....then businesses have unlimited access to your account to take whatever they want.....for as long as they can get away with it, without your knowledge or approval. It's scarey when all your choices are limited and abused no matter how careful you are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12