Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

White House Removes"The Meaning of Each Fold of an Hono

A VA official had pulled the recitation of "The Meaning of Each Fold of an Honor Guard Funeral Flag"

The Department of Veterans Affairs has clarified its stand on recitations during military funeral flag-folding ceremonies after a memo halting the practice caused a nationwide uproar among veterans.

"Honoring the burial wishes of veterans is one of the highest commitments for the men and women of VA," said William F. Tuerk, the VA's Under Secretary for Memorial Affairs, in a statement released late Tuesday. "A family may request the recitation of words to accompany the meaningful presentation of the American flag as we honor the dedication and sacrifice of their loved ones."

A VA official had pulled the recitation of "The Meaning of Each Fold of an Honor Guard Funeral Flag" from burial ceremonies at national cemeteries last month after a complaint was filed with the White House over the recitation accompanying the 11th fold that mentions "the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."

Under the VA's clarification, volunteer honor guards "are authorized to read the so-called '13-fold' flag recitation or any comparable script" though "survivors of the deceased need to provide material and request it be read."

Honor guards will also have to accept requests for recitations that reflect "any or no religious traditions, on an equal basis."

A Sept. 27 memo from Steve L. Muro, the director of the National Cemetery Administration's field programs office, had halted the readings.

"The National Cemetery Administration must not give meaning, or appear to give meaning to the folds of the flag by endorsing or distributing any handouts on "The Meaning of Each Fold of an Honor Guard Funeral Flag,'" he wrote in the memo.

The ruling angered veterans groups nationwide.

"To me, it's a slap in the face for every veteran, every member of the Memorial Honor Detail and every family of the deceased veteran," said Rees Lloyd, a member of the American Legion's Memorial Honor Detail for services at Riverside National Cemetery in California.

Lloyd had vowed to follow the wishes of deceased families over VA edicts when his group worked funerals at Riverside National Cemetery next Tuesday.

"We are going to abide by the wishes of the families," Lloyd said. "Not some bureaucrat in Washington, D.C. Period."

Politicians had also stepped into the fray. Rep. Heath Shuler, D-N.C., wrote a letter co-signed by 11 other congressman calling for the return of the recitation to the full military funeral.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306638,00.htm
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The White House and our Gooney Goo Goo President... BREAKS every DA_N thing they touch..... DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING PLEASE ... and PLEASE GET YOUR GOAT SMELLING A_S OUT OF OFFICE ASAP

LET'S GO GET'EM VETS ... NO MORE INSANITY FROM THIS COW DUNG FOR A PRESIDENT
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Makes me sick to think I actually voted for this traitor in 2000!

This is a slap in the face to every Vet who has given his/her life for our country. I hope you are ashamed of yourself president boosh because this is lower than pond scum. HOW DARE YOU!!!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

He is the worst traitor this country has ever seen!! How dare he do this to the good veterans of this country and while they are over there fighting right now in Iraq!! He should be impeached and run out of America!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

There is a related post in the other topic section but for some reason I can't move the link in here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    There is a related post in the other topic section but for some reason I can't move the link in here.
    Good "MountainDog" because it will get more attention here and EVERYONE should hear about this traitorous attack on our brave men and women who fought and died for our country and us. That why I put it here, so THANK YOU!!

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Good "MountainDog" because it will get more attention here and EVERYONE should hear about this traitorous attack on our brave men and women who fought and died for our country and us. That why I put it here, so THANK YOU!!
    Thank you for posting this. I plan to fight this all I can!
    As you know I am a vet and I take this attack personally.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I'm telling Ya, I am so mad I have tears in my eyes..... GET THE F out of the WHITE HOUSE......

I'm will push for Treason charges against this man and any of his corrupt officials that work for him until the day I pass .. the NAU; the attack on our veterans.

Anything and everything this nut case touches he destroys.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Thank you for posting this. I plan to fight this all I can!
    As you know I am a vet and I take this attack personally.
    "MountainDog" and "Airbornesapper" Its almost as if he was just looking for an excuse to do something to offend the Veterans, come on "1 complaint" "1 complaint" I am so angry I could spit nails!!!

How dare he offend my family who has fought in every war since the Revolution and my grandfather fought in World war 1 and 2 along with my father, my husband went to Nam twice, and this piece of crap who calls him self an American was busy flying over Texas, that is if anyone could find him all!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast