Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Welcome aboard NotSoLiberalDemocrat!

(From a former Dem, now Independent)
    Ditto!

I also believe that greed and votes are the primary motivation for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    VOTES
    Exactly. Amnesty will give them 20 million new voters/potential voters.

The real question is, why do so many Republicans want amnesty when it virtually assures Democratic dominance
    Filtering votes. Not all will vote democratic.

But not only that, what many of us here do not understand is that this goes beyond simple "votes". What happens when you get a boost of 20+million 'poor' people, then all their dependents - all of their relatives...

The goal is to get as many dependents on Government as possible. The more depenedents, the more powerful governement is. The bigger it is. More departments, regulations etc.... Also, the middle inevitably will foot most of this bill -- thus shrinking them. So really, you have a WIDE gap between poor, few middle class, and still few very wealthy.

It is a true pyramid scheme in terms of power. Ultimately, the role of government will be a ponderous nanny machine controlling all of our lives.
    Of course, this will be after we have invaded and neutralized "terrorist" threats, set up shop therer - with printed money etc..

But keep in mind this is not some huge conspiracy. Most dems and repubs are just doing what they think is expedient and will assure their next election. As we all know, those in office are not always the brightest and most often, are very corrupt.

I just can't swallow the idea that this group of people will simply vote Democrat - or Republican.

They are not here to be a part of this country - but to take this country. To do this, they may play around in present party politics for a short time - but if that many people get the vote - they will be putting up their very own candidates and we will have a 'government by Mexico - for Mexico'.

The sad thing, we will have enough Americans who will champion an illegal - or former illegal in order to be 'open minded'. It will make them 'feel good'.

That is their goal - not just to become citizens and play our game. That should be pretty apparent. They play by their own rules - or Mexico's rule.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Some Dems are on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyCarter
    Let's not forget the Dorgans, McCaskills, and Bayhs who faced down their party's leadership to help block cloture this summer. And I'm telling you, we can make a definite dent in the Left's confusion over this issue by posting Thom Hartmann's opinions from "Screwed" on liberal blogs.
    Yes, I like Dorgan a lot. I also have read "Screwed." There is a lot of good info in there, and I listen to Thom Hartmann's show on Air America. Yes, folks, you heard me tight, Air America....Hartmann is very informed, articulate, and entertaining. I don't always agree with him, but he has a lot of great views about the war on the middle-class. Ed Shultz is good also. He interviewed Chris Simcox one time. Lou Dobbs has been interviewed on Air America as well.

I listen to BOTH sides, I switch between Air America and the local conservative talk station throughout the day. Some people could benefit from opening there minds a bit. Its not as simple as Red vs. Blue. The Dems have some good things to say about some economic issues, trade etc. If it was soooo simple, then why were black Americans loyal to the Republican Party all the way up to the 1930s? Why was the South loyal to the Democratic Party for the vast majority of this nation's history? The Federalists (pre-curser to today's Republicans) were a big gov't party. And the Democratic-Republicans (later just Democrats) were a small gov't party. The Democrats for the vast majority of this nation's history were the interventionist party. And the Republicans (and there predecessors) were isolationists for the vast majority of this nations history. There have been some core pricipals that both parties have stood for over the generations, but there has also been huge politcal sea changes throughout. I think we are in for another one.....I think we may see the emergence of another sea change, and I hope it is a new party.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I just can't swallow the idea that this group of people will simply vote Democrat - or Republican.

They are not here to be a part of this country - but to take this country. To do this, they may play around in present party politics for a short time - but if that many people get the vote - they will be putting up their very own candidates and we will have a 'government by Mexico - for Mexico'.

The sad thing, we will have enough Americans who will champion an illegal - or former illegal in order to be 'open minded'. It will make them 'feel good'.

That is their goal - not just to become citizens and play our game. That should be pretty apparent. They play by their own rules - or Mexico's rule.
    I have to agree with you on this and I think it will be safe to add-how much pride will be shown when they can claim to have overtaken a superpower nation over without firing a single shot AND with its (almost) full cooperation.
    I have no doubts as to this being attempted,as for all the sell-out Americans that are championing for the illegals-does anyone really believe when/if the illegals get into power positions they will be so considerate/accomodating to us Americans?

Rawhide!

NotSoLiberalDemocrat-WOW you hit the ground running with your first post-excellent!
    Welcome!

Rawhide!

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoLiberalDemocrat
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Unless and until we all realize there is no difference in the so-called two parties, we are not going to win this thing.

They are two sides of the same party. The party of greedy and power. They each just have their varied rhetoric and pet projects.
    Excellent point!

Don't believe the hype. Not all Dems love illegals or are supporters of the mess our reps have created. The voices of us Dems who speak out against illegal aliens and the ridiculous priveleges they're being handed on a daily basis are (much like our counterparts) being ignored or labeled as racist. Since I'm a double minority (black woman) I find the racist comment absolutely insulting. Discriminating against someone because of their race/color is a far cry from expecting our local/state/fed leaders to uphold our laws against people who enter our country illegally. I'd really like for them to explain how this is racism (of course we know that's just a smoke screen excuse they like to use but I'd still like to see them try to explain that one).

God help us all because right now, I don't have faith in any political party since they have all been so passive and unwilling to take a united stand and demand that our immigration laws be respected and the rights of American CITIZENS be forever the first priority. Too bad Lou Dobbs isn't on the ballot--he'd certainly get my vote!

My first post!
    I agree with you 100%. My mother is Democrat but not so liberal and she is very angry at the cast of traitors parading around as Democrats; she has mentioned that there is no-one worth voting for.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

I believe they hate us, love corporations and illegal aliens for future votes.

I really would like to know why they favor illegal immigration in every form. I do know there is something behind their support for illegal immigrants. I know it is not morals or religion that drive them.

oic

The Malignancy of Illegal Immigration..Who's Responsible?

I am a liberal, but, I also didn't dump my brains in the sink. Enough is enough.

There's something about this whole illegal immigration debate that is absolutely insane! Why is it okay for someone who is NOT supposed to be in America to stay IN America? The argument seems to be because they are already here and that logic is soooo weak.

If I decided to visit Japan because it held some economical perks for me and I faded into that population after my tourist visa expired, I would be a criminal. And if the Japanese government caught me, slammed my butt on a plane and sent me back to America, why should I be sore? Of course, if I were crazy enough to reside in Japan illegally, I would also attempt to get pregnant in Japan so that my off-spring would then become Japanese nationals and I could get a better foot in the door with the Japanese government (maybe). Later, as my loitering in Japan continued, my sons and my daughters could over-turn the Japanese government and set up a situation whereby scofflaws like myself (who breed like rabbits) would get amnesty. Then we could mandate for the singing of the Star Spangled Banner at Sumo wrestling matches, the waving of the American flag over various Japanese municipal buildings, etcetera, etcetera. This is exactly what these Hispanics are doing in America. I do not feel sorry for these people...not in the least. If they want citizenship, they can apply for it legally and come into this country the right way like everyone else. This is not about what suits THEM... Why do they think they are soooo special and that they can just stroll (or run) into this country, finance a townhouse and start working at Taco Bell or digging ditches without a pause? How dare they! Meanwhile, prospective immigrants from other parts of the world have taken theTOEFL repeatedly and have participated in Green Card raffles repeatedly over the span of many YEARS for a chance to immigrate to this country. Many of these people are turned down...many of them possess PhDs.

And what about the American corporations that bring illegals into this country (like poor, bamboozled "children"-- for menial labor) by the truck loads?? I, for one, think that infantilizing the Hispanic people(viewing them as cute, guileless, "Oompa Lompas") and not holding them accountable for their own invasion of this country is demeaning and racist indeed. If they are smart enough to get here by stealth, then they are smart enough to know that they are doing something WRONG. Some Hispanics may not be completely responsible for getting here (because of some capitalist, Willy Wonkan, American pig who wants to exploit them), but, they are, never-the-less, responsible for their own departure.

"Walmart got caught...I got no more job, mama. Do I go back to Mexico? Or I stay here?"
    " You stay here, mamita...you got the rights. You have the babies...si?"
    "Okay! How long I stay?"
    "Til they catch you! El Presidente Bush es bueno amigo"
    " Okay! "

I actually read an article about one illegal Hispanic construction worker who had positioned himself into a nice slice of the "American Pie". Enjoying a nice income, a nice truck, a nice house, and a nice business, he was furious that the US Immigration and Naturalization Service had finally gotten around to catching him. He issued this haughty line : "This country is so ungrateful." What the hell... The sheer nerve of this type of person is truly incredible. If I plant a nice garden in someone else's backyard, is that MY garden?? Of course not. Illegals have no claims or rights to America, period. What kind of rights would I have in Mexico as an illegal alien? They would boot me out of there without so much as an, "Adios!"

Some say that these illegals pay taxes and contribute greatly to the American GDP. I find these claims dubious, at best. If I am "on the run" ; trying to fly under the INS radar ( not having been issued a proper social security card by the US government), I don't think I would be waiving around a red flag to the IRS stating,"It is I, Maria! The illegal that crept into your country two years ago who now wants to pay my taxes!" Most likely, these illegals are accepting their income from under the table. And, instead of paying money into the American welfare system with their taxes, they are, in fact, the major strains upon it by unfairly accessing health services, schools, and other tax payer supported resources. Meanwhile, this misfit population is booming (with mostly out-of-wedlock births) and I guess their strategy is to multiply and to conquer. And don't get me started about the visual pollution of illegals hanging out at shopping malls for "day labor", the gangs, the drugs, and the other nasties associated with illegal immigration. If I hear one more illegal immigrant whining about how racist Americans are because someone complained about these illegals having fifteen people shacked up in a two bedroom house, I'll puke up some refried beans.

Whether they find themselves in North Dakota, Maine, or Southern California, illegal aliens need to get the hell out of this country and come back in the right way if they wish to earn the proper regard of law abiding citizens. This is not about racism or Hispanic bashing... This is about the existing laws of the US government which were created by the consensus OF law-abiding American citizens. This country must stand by it's Constitution or it will fall for absolutely anything! That's when this country will cease to be, "the land of opportunity" and will then become one, big, hot mess..

While there may be a disproportionate amount of Democrats with soft stances towards illegals, Bush (our Republican president) is the biggest supporter of them! Check out this url to find out just where politicians (Democrat AND Republican) stand on the illegal immigration issue.

http://immigrationstance.diggersrealm.com/

Re: The Malignancy of Illegal Immigration..Who's Responsible

Quote Originally Posted by oic
    I am a liberal, but, I also didn't dump my brains in the sink. Enough is enough.

There's something about this whole illegal immigration debate that is absolutely insane! Why is it okay for someone who is NOT supposed to be in America to stay IN America? The argument seems to be because they are already here and that logic is soooo weak.

If I decided to visit Japan because it held some economical perks for me and I faded into that population after my tourist visa expired, I would be a criminal. And if the Japanese government caught me, slammed my butt on a plane and sent me back to America, why should I be sore? Of course, if I were crazy enough to reside in Japan illegally, I would also attempt to get pregnant in Japan so that my off-spring would then become Japanese nationals and I could get a better foot in the door with the Japanese government (maybe). Later, as my loitering in Japan continued, my sons and my daughters could over-turn the Japanese government and set up a situation whereby scofflaws like myself (who breed like rabbits) would get amnesty. Then we could mandate for the singing of the Star Spangled Banner at Sumo wrestling matches, the waving of the American flag over various Japanese municipal buildings, etcetera, etcetera. This is exactly what these Hispanics are doing in America. I do not feel sorry for these people...not in the least. If they want citizenship, they can apply for it legally and come into this country the right way like everyone else. This is not about what suits THEM... Why do they think they are soooo special and that they can just stroll (or run) into this country, finance a townhouse and start working at Taco Bell or digging ditches without a pause? How dare they! Meanwhile, prospective immigrants from other parts of the world have taken theTOEFL repeatedly and have participated in Green Card raffles repeatedly over the span of many YEARS for a chance to immigrate to this country. Many of these people are turned down...many of them possess PhDs.

And what about the American corporations that bring illegals into this country (like poor, bamboozled "children"-- for menial labor) by the truck loads?? I, for one, think that infantilizing the Hispanic people(viewing them as cute, guileless, "Oompa Lompas") and not holding them accountable for their own invasion of this country is demeaning and racist indeed. If they are smart enough to get here by stealth, then they are smart enough to know that they are doing something WRONG. Some Hispanics may not be completely responsible for getting here (because of some capitalist, Willy Wonkan, American pig who wants to exploit them), but, they are, never-the-less, responsible for their own departure.

"Walmart got caught...I got no more job, mama. Do I go back to Mexico? Or I stay here?"
    " You stay here, mamita...you got the rights. You have the babies...si?"
    "Okay! How long I stay?"
    "Til they catch you! El Presidente Bush es bueno amigo"
    " Okay! "

I actually read an article about one illegal Hispanic construction worker who had positioned himself into a nice slice of the "American Pie". Enjoying a nice income, a nice truck, a nice house, and a nice business, he was furious that the US Immigration and Naturalization Service had finally gotten around to catching him. He issued this haughty line : "This country is so ungrateful." What the hell... The sheer nerve of this type of person is truly incredible. If I plant a nice garden in someone else's backyard, is that MY garden?? Of course not. Illegals have no claims or rights to America, period. What kind of rights would I have in Mexico as an illegal alien? They would boot me out of there without so much as an, "Adios!"

Some say that these illegals pay taxes and contribute greatly to the American GDP. I find these claims dubious, at best. If I am "on the run" ; trying to fly under the INS radar ( not having been issued a proper social security card by the US government), I don't think I would be waiving around a red flag to the IRS stating,"It is I, Maria! The illegal that crept into your country two years ago who now wants to pay my taxes!" Most likely, these illegals are accepting their income from under the table. And, instead of paying money into the American welfare system with their taxes, they are, in fact, the major strains upon it by unfairly accessing health services, schools, and other tax payer supported resources. Meanwhile, this misfit population is booming (with mostly out-of-wedlock births) and I guess their strategy is to multiply and to conquer. And don't get me started about the visual pollution of illegals hanging out at shopping malls for "day labor", the gangs, the drugs, and the other nasties associated with illegal immigration. If I hear one more illegal immigrant whining about how racist Americans are because someone complained about these illegals having fifteen people shacked up in a two bedroom house, I'll puke up some refried beans.

Whether they find themselves in North Dakota, Maine, or Southern California, illegal aliens need to get the hell out of this country and come back in the right way if they wish to earn the proper regard of law abiding citizens. This is not about racism or Hispanic bashing... This is about the existing laws of the US government which were created by the consensus OF law-abiding American citizens. This country must stand by it's Constitution or it will fall for absolutely anything! That's when this country will cease to be, "the land of opportunity" and will then become one, big, hot mess..

While there may be a disproportionate amount of Democrats with soft stances towards illegals, Bush (our Republican president) is the biggest supporter of them! Check out this url to find out just where politicians (Democrat AND Republican) stand on the illegal immigration issue.

http://immigrationstance.diggersrealm.com/
    Welcome to ALIPAC oic,

You have made many great points. It is truly a shame how both parties and some of the most liberal and the most conservative politicians have totally sold out our country. This issue is not a liberal or conservative one, it is about right and wrong. Coming here legally vs illegally.

Nicole

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast