Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anchor babies-the single most serious problem in this whole illegal immigration tragedy. While the number of border jumpers may be down, the number of anchor babies just continues to rise. This is how they're attempting to take over America; through the births of their anchor children.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You better bet your bottom, when I have kids theyre going into a christian school. A nice, small christian school in a dominantly middle-upper class white/black area. I do not want improper education systems, and bias school teachers near my children.

Oh and I know this is off topic but about Obama's illegal aunt: Do people forget that kenya is britan's little b**** and that the majority of africans speak english?? Maybe Obama didn't consider that latino's speak no english at all, so they absolutely dont care about our laws or anything. Infact I saw on the news just this morning, a small story about a group of latinos here who went back to mexico because the recession is making it harder for them to keep their stolen jobs.

Does anyone see what I see?..I see some little group of theives who just came to the garden of eden to relish in its fruits and flowers, but when when the garden needs tending too so the other life within it can survive, they turn the other way, backstab the very soil that gave them fruits, and leave when its convienent to them...metaphorically speaking. I hope soon we get our "wall of fire" to keep these misfits out of our garden.

I have lived in other countries and it is up the the parents of families that move there to teach their kids the language of that country. Here, we feel sorry for every one.

Here in Texas kids are kept in ESL classes for 7 years. There are BIG federal dollars involved in keeping the kids in the class for the entire 7 years too. So in essence, kids are handicapped by being in these classes and graduate behind.

The funny thing is, while we have kids in Houston schools from almost every country in the world, the only ones who usually stay in these programs are Mexicans, in fact the whole ESL program is tailored to Mexicans. The books the kids read teach Mexican culture even. Pretty offensive to some one who wants their kids to learn the American culture where they plan to spend their lives.

Because of this most other's demand their kids are kept out of ESL classes. Many educated foreigners who come here have already learned English by the time they get the documents they need to come to this country. So their kids do not need ESL.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

The only ESL classes should be to teach English - period. We shouldn’t be teaching math, history, whatever in Spanish or any other language. Non English speaking children should be taught English first, and then put into normal classes based on their education level. If a 14 year old kid needs to go into a class of 3rd graders when they have a command of English, then that is too bad for them. When their parents decided to come here, this is one of the consequences.

By the way, tailoring ESL programs to Spanish speaking children only is racist. Can anyone tell me of another country that would tolerate this?

It is outrageous that we’re paying our tax dollars for anything other than English for ESL.

Finally, this goes for children here legally, anchor babies, and illegal alien children (who shouldn’t be here anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by hattiecat
    Anchor babies-the single most serious problem in this whole illegal immigration tragedy. While the number of border jumpers may be down, the number of anchor babies just continues to rise. This is how they're attempting to take over America; through the births of their anchor children.
    Amen 2 that! How about this? We all call our congress men & try to change the 14th amendment. All esl classes are a joke and a huge waste of money. If esl worked we wouldn't have all this "press #1 for english, #2 for spanish" stuff . Kinda makes me mad. Last time I looked this wasn't Spain.

The stupidest thing I have seen was about 5 years ago when Lee County FL would have to cut budgets to the classrooms as they could not afford to build schools fast enough to handle the growing mass of kiddies. At the same time they spent a large amount of money printing guides for parents in both Spanish and Haitian-Creole, with hints how to help their children learn. If the lessons are in English and the parents are illiterate in this language, how can parents help their children learn? That cost the school district over $200,000 for translation and printing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiWatcher
    The only ESL classes should be to teach English - period. We shouldn’t be teaching math, history, whatever in Spanish or any other language. Non English speaking children should be taught English first, and then put into normal classes based on their education level. If a 14 year old kid needs to go into a class of 3rd graders when they have a command of English, then that is too bad for them. When their parents decided to come here, this is one of the consequences.

By the way, tailoring ESL programs to Spanish speaking children only is racist. Can anyone tell me of another country that would tolerate this?

It is outrageous that we’re paying our tax dollars for anything other than English for ESL.

Finally, this goes for children here legally, anchor babies, and illegal alien children (who shouldn’t be here anyway.)
    What they do in Texas is place the kids in ESL class and also place them in their core classes which are English only. However, they are trying to hire core teachers who are bilingual (speak Spanish). Like I said the sad part is we handicap these kids by keeping them in ESL for 7 years. They should be given 1 to 2 semesters. They you either sink or swim. School districts are milking the fed for every dollar and the fed is all to happy to give our money away. It is outrageous!
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by vrooder
    Quote Originally Posted by hattiecat
    Amen 2 that! How about this? We all call our congress men & try to change the 14th amendment. All esl classes are a joke and a huge waste of money. If esl worked we wouldn't have all this "press #1 for english, #2 for spanish" stuff . Kinda makes me mad. Last time I looked this wasn't Spain.
    If youre talking about the majority of Latino's, they dont speak Spanish they speak MEXICAN, which is a backwards sloshed up version of Spanish. I have some friends who live out in FL that are from Spain and they speak PORTUEGESE SPANISH, but mostly English which is what the majority of people in Spain speak, as well as Brazil, and all the other countries where REAL Spanish language is heavily dominant. Mexican language is completely different from Spanish, they have simuliar words like how the japanese have barrowed english words like "beeru" meaning "beer". I have even seen this first hand, a Spanish person can barely understand what a mexican person is saying if they both speak "spanish". If you go to Border's or Barne's and Noble book store and take a stroll down the language book aisle you will find Mexican language books, and Spanish langauge books, as well as the others like Portugese. As far as I know, most actual "Spanish" speakers are from South America and the West Indies [ like puerto rico, cuba ] and Spain. Think of Peggy Hill from "King of the hill" How she tries to speak Spanish to the Latino's in Texas but they can't understand her lol. As far as I know, Mexico is the only Hispanic nation that doesn't have English as a major second language. Even the Phillipine's have English as a second language next to "Tagalog" and I always though that country was influenced heavily by Spain??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12