Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Why is everything about race?

I have seen many commentators talk about how the majorityof the people who are stuck in New Orleans African American and thats the ONLY reason that our gov't has not made better efforts to help them, quicker that is. However, albeit that yes its obvious the people who got stuck were the poor and disadvantaged in that city, and yes, that majority happens to be African American, but I am poor (we live on $11.00 hourly for four people, plus our adult daughter is temporarily with us with her 5 month old son) and we do not have a car and we are white. So if we had been living in New Orleans we too would have been among those people with a baby and two children. It seems whenever I hear talk of being poor and disadvanteged the groups who get the most help are those of non-white groups, in my area thats the illegal alien Mexicans. But by the media and those leaders in the African American community playing the race card, they are pitting American against American and dividing us, in a time when we need to be united to help each other all we can. People, don't let this happen, we all care about each other, it does not matter about race, citizens caring about fellow citizens. If we lived closer (we live in Oregon) we would gladly try to do what was possible to help (take some in) even in our crowded strapped conditions.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm white, but I'm thinking the same thing -- had this been "illegal aliens" they would have gotten relief by now.

at this point, I see American citizens -- if OUR government can provide millions of "illegal aliens" with benefits against the will of the people and in violation of the Constitution, they can darn sure take care of American citizens

I was told this morning by a man in Hardees that "these people" had nothing to complain about, it had ONLY BEEN 3 days -- I said 3 days without food and water in the hot sun. He then said it took longer for the United States to send relief to the tsunami victims than "these people" -- I told him the tsunami victims weren't American citizens
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Dead on..

You're dead-on, American Elizabeth....the facts as we all know them now are that it no longer pays to be an honest, hard-working American. When illegals claim squatter's rights and pitch tents in the yard after they've been evicted from a house, there's a problem. When Florida's illegals have their shanty homes destroyed by a hurricane and demand $$ to rebuild homes they should never have been in in the 1st place, there's a problem.
    And for a large part, the problem is with ourselves. We Americans have become an apathetic bunch of folks. "It can't happen here" and "Thank God it didn't happen here!" have become catchphrases all too common in our vocabulary, as ones like "Let's go down the road and mow the lawn for this elderly lady that can't do it for herself" have become all too rare.
    Katrina presents an opportunity to change some of this- albeit an opportunity folks must take advantage of. We need to take care of our own- period. Stop sending $$ to Africa, and send it to Appalachia. Send money to Kentucky before you send it to Kenya. That would be a good start to coming up with a solution to some of our problems.
    A vast majority of Americans don't visit sites like these- let alone post on them. So it's up to those of us who do to bring them up to speed on what's happening in this great country of ours, and how illegals and their invasion could bring us to our knees.
    As for the black/white portion of it, you are fortunate you aren't a white male, specifically an under-40 one. We have no rights against racial discrimination, age discrimination, gender discrimination, and since I'm heterosexual (Thank you, God!) "sexual orientation" discrimination. We have to fend for ourselves the best we can.
    God bless America, and continue to bless our hurricane victims here in Alabama, and next door in Mississippi and Louisiana- because nobody else will.....

***Edited***

Too bad the topic of "Buck short, day late" had to be turned into a racial issue. It was a much stronger and listened to issue when it was viewed and talked about as an issue of "Americans". Too bad we as a nation can not get past the racial card and just work together.

Just as the NC Senator said on Lou Dobbs, he stated (See the transcripts tomorrow) it wasn't race, it was a class issue. They are all poor, they just happen to be mostly Black, but then 2/3 of New Orleans is Black. The majority of the local Government is Black. I think there is a theme going on here.

This as a class issue is more important than a single race. Poverty involves all races.

This leads into bigger issues, such as the shrinking middle class, and the expansion of the lower class, America turning into a welfare state.

It isn't like someone from the burbs are going to drive the Mini Van to the hood to pick up some poor people!

None the less, it is sad to see AMERICANS in this situation!
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

It so saddens me. That such a terrible time in our country's history. Is being overshadowed. By a simple word as race. You would think certain leaders in this country would be trying to pull together, the American Citizens But with there words, they are creating. Hatred, animosity. It is a disrespect to out fellow citizens that have lost there lives Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. As for these leaders, in my opinion, they shouldn't be leaders as for the Media. I also blame them, for even airing such comments. In a time that our own people need us the most, some seem to want to divide us.

God be with my fellow Americans in there time of need, my prayers are with you.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I agree with all of you, and I think we all agree with the vast majority of the American people. This is a catastrophe. As we start placing blame around, I think we should begin with the mayor of New Orleans and the governor of Louisiana.

Everyone who lives in a coastal area by now should have a clear understanding and knowledge of what happens when a category 4 or 5 hits any area. DISASTER. OBLIVION. GONE. DEATH. NEAR DEATH, INJURY, TREMENDOUS SUFFERING AND AGONY IN THE AFTERMATH.
    A PERIOD OF DELAY IN HELP ARRIVING. Well when you add to that armed gangs acting as snipers and shooting at rescue people.....add to the delay.

Place blame? Okay, I will. Why is it on Saturday morning I knew and everyone in Florida knew that the area in the gulf targeted for Katrina should be GETTING OUT OF DODGE!!?? Why did we know that anyone who did not MOVE and MOVE FAST was facing possible and likely death if they did not?

Therefore, why didn't the mayor and governor call for every school bus in Louisiana and every state nearby to send buses ASAP, NOW, to get ALL of these people willing to leave OUT OF THE WAY????? Why didn't the mayor and governor know to call for military, and civilian airplanes to come? Why didn't he ask for every train in the region to come NOW, and EVACUATE the entire city???? WHY????? Because they sat around, and decided they would rather go on TV and be seen and they said to themselves, "Gah gah goo goo, ah oh a Category 5 is coming, now what should I do!?" It's called stupidity and delay of action at the first level which was at the level of the local and state government. When you're the mayor of New Orleans, a city which you ALREADY KNOW what will happen when the big one comes, you have a plan READY, and you IMPLEMENT the plan when this happens: A storm enters the Gulf of Mexico and the National Hurricane Center points to you with lots of arrows, and verbal warnings, and puts big bright yellow bubbles around you on maps!! You get up off your sitting down place and say, "THAT'S ME their pointing to!!! I ALREADY KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THEY'RE RIGHT.....and they're right a LOT!!" You pick up the phone and say START!!! Get every means of transportation into this area over the next 6-10 hours. Get word out to the people "YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY OUT OF HERE, if you want to stay alive."

You don't trip all over your feet wondering what to do, and then say, "hmm, send everyone to the Super Dome, it's easier and faster."

Put the blame where it belongs is what I say, IF you want to start the blame game. Otherwise, realize that a catastrophe has happened, learn from it and work to see that it never happens again.

And if you're President of the U.S. you say: Every illegal individual in this country OUT. We need all of our money and resources for any future disasters and catastrophes to properly help and care for the citizens of this country. You've got THREE days. Start packin.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by rakishoner
    Just as the NC Senator said on Lou Dobbs, he stated (See the transcripts tomorrow) it wasn't race, it was a class issue. They are all poor, they just happen to be mostly Black, but then 2/3 of New Orleans is Black. The majority of the local Government is Black. I think there is a theme going on here.

This as a class issue is more important than a single race. Poverty involves all races.

I agree, it is about the poor that just happen to be black ... but then again, would poor blacks be treated the same in the north as in the south? probably not ... this isn't the first time the federal government has failed the south
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

The Black leaders have let down their own people. They keep them down, saying we have to give them more$$. Freebies equals votes.

Whatever happens, Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, Rangle all jump on the race wagon...they never allow their people to take responsibility for anything.

When Bill Cosby tries to turn the people around to be self-reliant, those black leaders berate him.

I saw many cars under water, in front of homes, why didn't people use them to get out when they were told to? I don't buy the "didn't have money for gas" thing. They have cell phones, cigaretts..etc.

I don't even have a cell phone, it costs too much.

Everybody needs at least a high school education, white or black, if they are going to get a decent job.

Talking like a rapper won't get you anywhere.

When the water's gone, let the citizens of our country go back and rebuild, kick out the illegals.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!