Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I agree with everything you said except that the immigration moratorium should not end at a 6%^ unemployment rate. Why should we let in immigrants if 6% of Americans are unemployed? I say the moratorium should last until the unemployment rate among American citizens is.....0%. I have no problem with that at all REDPONY, It would take a LONG LONG time to get to 6% unemployment,and I think that there Is a possiblity of actually getting a moratorium with a 5 or 6 % trigger. I do not think that you could get the votes at (0%) Also,by the time you got to 5 or 6%,many Illegals would have already self-deported. The whole key Is NO AMNESTY.... EVER !! TS

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I thought the 1 trillion, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, that obama and his cronies rammed through Congress was supposed to be about preserving and creating jobs and promoting economic recovery!

This is what obama claimed when he was trying to sell it to the nation. So what happened?
    Well, in November 2008, the Americans elected an economic idiot to run their country who only knows how to give away money we don't have to other countries, bankrupt states and not-for-profit Paypals, which doesn't create jobs in the private sector of the US economy, never has and never will.

I think the American People need to demand the unspent money be decommissioned and written off the books, the money if already borrowed and sitting in an account somewhere should be returned to whoever we borrowed it from, because whatever they do with it whether it's American investors or foreign lenders will do more than what it will do if Obama gives it away, because then we won't have to work our asses off to earn money to pay taxes to pay it back with interest.

Obama misrepresented to everyone what the money would do, and while some relied on his "brilliance" because he had a law degree from Harvard, some of us knew that law degrees aren't economic intelligence and his experience in life was totally lacking of any experience or knowledge that would have represented the wherewithal to make the needed corrections in our policies to fix our economy.

That has now rapidly been proven 110% correct. Time to take the economy and money away from him and demand Congress enact the policy changes through legislation that we need to cure our economic woes. If they don't know what to do, they should resign their office, so we can get some people in those spots to do the job they either won't or can't do. We can't get a new President in 2013 and our economic situation will not tolerate another 3 + years of this idiocy and stupidity.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    So what have Obama and Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi been doing for a year? Crafting a federal takeover of health care with a vast plan that provides coverage for the uninsured – most of whom are minorities – while sticking it to Medicare recipients, 80 percent to 90 percent of whom are white.

Immigrants are 21 percent of the uninsured, but only 7 percent of the population. This means white folks on Medicare or headed there will see benefits curtailed, while new arrivals from the Third World, whence almost all immigrants come, get taxpayer-subsidized health insurance. Any wonder why all those tea-party and town-hall protests seem to be made up of angry white folks?

Stop listening to the Wall Street Journal and start listening to forgotten Americans.
    An end to affirmative action and ethnic preferences, an end to bailouts of Wall Street bankers, a moratorium on immigration until unemployment falls to 6 percent, an industrial policy that creates jobs here and stops shipping them to China appear a winning hand in 2012.
    I agree with everything you said except that the immigration moratorium should not end at a 6%^ unemployment rate. Why should we let in immigrants if 6% of Americans are unemployed? I say the moratorium should last until the unemployment rate among American citizens is.....0%.
    I agree 110% redpony353. 0% unemployment is the perfect standard. This bull about 5% being "full employment" is Bull Crap. I grew up in an area of the country that only had 1.5 to 2% unemployment in several counties and those counties were still clamoring for more new jobs because their people were underemployed, working part-time, and nearly starving to death. So when our unemployment rate nationally is 5%, we still have 12% broad-based unemployment under the U6 category. 12% of our work force is 18 million workers which means households affecting 54 million Americans, which is why we have 51 million people on MediCaid with at least 1 working adult in half of those households working, but at a job with wages and hours that don't support them or their families.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree with everything you said except that the immigration moratorium should not end at a 6%^ unemployment rate. Why should we let in immigrants if 6% of Americans are unemployed? I say the moratorium should last until the unemployment rate among American citizens is.....0%. I have no problem with that at all REDPONY, It would take a LONG LONG time to get to 6% unemployment,and I think that there Is a possiblity of actually getting a moratorium with a 5 or 6 % trigger. I do not think that you could get the votes at (0%) Also,by the time you got to 5 or 6%,many Illegals would have already self-deported. The whole key Is NO AMNESTY.... EVER !! TS
    It won't take long at all to get to 0% unemployment if we:

1. stop illegal immigration
    2. pass the FairTax
    3. protect our trade
    4. legalize/regulate tax under 2 the illegal drug trade
    5. drill baby drill

Really, it won't take long at all. I estimate 5 years. But then when we are at full employment and everyone is doing well except for the 12% underemployed, why mess it up with more immigration and sell off the new job opportunities our under-employed desperately need? And in addition to those workers, every year millions of our high school students will graduate and millions of college graduates will graduate and we need jobs for them, so I'd say a 10 year moratorium and then only allow immigration numbers at the 1970's replacement levels as adamantly recommended by NumberUusa recommends and be very selective about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy

2. pass the FairTax
    3. protect our trade
    5. drill baby drill

It won't take long at all. Less than 5 years. But then when we are at full employment and everyone is doing well, why mess it up with more immigration is one question I have? Every year our high school students will graduate and we need jobs for them, so at most we should only life the moratorium to replace it with immigration numbers at the 1970's replacement levels as Numbersusa recommends and be very selective about that.
    Great point. Why mess it up at 0%? Besides, if the moratorium ends at 0% and we start letting people in again....then immigration momentum will build once more...and get out of hand once more. It is already too crowded, even if we get rid of all of the illegals and visa workers. They can visit, but then they have to go home. Let them fix up their own countries. Besides, they just want to come here to work not to become American. That is very bad for our culture.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Why the focus on healthcare rather than jobs??

3. protect our trade - brings our industries and manufacturers back home, balances our $840 billion trade balance in manufactured goods, creates 5,250,000 manufacturing jobs and at a 6 to 1 multiplier effect, restores 31,250,000 good jobs for Americans.
    Judy, Pat Buchanan expressed this as, "Fair trade, not free trade."

Free traders say goods will become more expensive. The current economic meltdown calls for another consideration: How much is it worth to protect American families and the American way of life?

I like your points because they offer alternatives. As a starting point for policy formation I suggest, "Americans and the quality of American life first in this magnificent country."

Unfortunately, even with fair trade there will be those that dump toxic goods on us--not good enough for their citizens' consumption, let the Americans have it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2. pass the FairTax
    3. protect our trade
    5. drill baby drill

It won't take long at all. Less than 5 years. But then when we are at full employment and everyone is doing well, why mess it up with more immigration is one question I have? Every year our high school students will graduate and we need jobs for them, so at most we should only life the moratorium to replace it with immigration numbers at the 1970's replacement levels as Numbersusa recommends and be very selective about that.
    Great point. Why mess it up at 0%? Besides, if the moratorium ends at 0% and we start letting people in again....then immigration momentum will build once more...and get out of hand once more. It is already too crowded, even if we get rid of all of the illegals and visa workers. They can visit, but then they have to go home. Let them fix up their own countries. Besides, they just want to come here to work not to become American. That is very bad for our culture.
    Thank you! And you're right, it is very bad for our culture as well as our jobs market and people. There's no reason at all to give a work visa to a foreign national when we have millions of Americans even at 0% unemployment drowning in 12% underemployment.

Visitors with money who aren't looking for jobs, public services or hand-outs can come in by the droves and shop and spend and pay FairTaxes on their purchases of new goods and services, then leave on time or be deported with fines and penalties. Then one day if and when our 12% underemployment rate is down to say 5%, then we might look at work visas for a few not to exceed the 1970's replacement levels recommended by NumbersUSA.

Now, THAT'S A PLAN. Problem solved.

Hey! We should charge someone for this! I'm ready to send a big bill to Janet Napolitano and Barack Hussein Obama for our Problem-Solving Services for "Doing the Job They Won't Do", how about "yous guys"?

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Unfortunately, even with fair trade there will be those that dump toxic goods on us--not good enough for their citizens' consumption, let the Americans have it.
    That's so true, which is why we need protected trade policies beyond the scope of "fair trade", so we manufacture most of our own products and inspect and examine imported products with a white glove.

2. pass the FairTax
    3. protect our trade
    5. drill baby drill

Thank you! And you're right, it is very bad for our culture as well as our jobs market and people. There's no reason at all to give a work visa to a foreign national when we have millions of Americans even at 0% unemployment drowning in 12% underemployment.

Visitors with money who aren't looking for jobs, public services or hand-outs can come in by the droves and shop and spend and pay FairTaxes on their purchases of new goods and services, then leave on time or be deported with fines and penalties. Then one day if and when our 12% underemployment rate is down to say 5%, then we might look at work visas for a few not to exceed the 1970's replacement levels recommended by NumbersUSA.

Now, THAT'S A PLAN. Problem solved.

Hey! We should charge someone for this! I'm ready to send a big bill to Janet Napolitano and Barack Hussein Obama for our Problem-Solving Services for "Doing the Job They Won't Do", how about "yous guys"?

We should DEFINITELY get paid for taking the time to figure all this out for them. Not that it is so hard to figure out. But hey....they are getting paid big bucks AND those big bucks are OUR MONEY!! Seems like we could at least get a tax break eh?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast