Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why I quit the Republic Party

I was a card carrying - PAYING member of the RNC and Cali Republican Party.

Good old days it seemed to me, the party stood for something clear cut.

4 years ago - what was the difference?!?!? None. There was a day, Republicans had a stance on protecting the borders.

Today - they totally pander to pro-illegal immigration groups. I don't get it - do they think by granting amnesty that suddenly illegals are going to join the Republican party in droves? It's political suicide.

That's why I quit the party- told them why (both RNC and Cali) and parted with a "call me when you get a backbone again..."

I understand why Democrats love amnesty - I am missing something altogether why Republicans do too.

Someone help me understand that one.

MW
    CaliVoter wrote:

I understand why Democrats love amnesty - I am missing something altogether why Republicans do too.
    Sorry, you're wrong. The majority of Republicans in the U.S. Congress DO NOT support amnesty. However, you're are correct in your assessment of the Democrats because an extremely large majority of the Congress Democrats do support a path to legalization (amnesty) for illegal aliens.

On the issue of amnesty and border security - there's a big difference in the two parties ideology wise.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If I am wrong about this - that's good

BUT I hear lip service from guys like Drier and McCain. But McCain as the candidate, goes to a MECHA and LA Raza meeting?!?!?

Rohrbacher and Tancreto are the ones I'm aware of that are against amnesty - but it seems in Federal and State government in general, the Republicans are either very silent or politically correct versus having a very clear cut line in the sand (at border that is).

Give me a Gubanatorial or Presidential candidate that will revoke the anchor baby loophole - and that guy's got my money and vote.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    no differance between the Republicans or the Democrats ... I didnt leave the party... the Party Left Me!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    AirborneSapper7 wrote:

no differance between the Republicans or the Democrats ... I didnt leave the party... the Party Left Me!
    Like I said, big difference where illegal immigration and border security are concerned.

Perhaps checking the congressional voting numbers on the last two amnesty attempts will prove my point.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: If I am wrong about this - that's good

Quote Originally Posted by CaliVoter
    BUT I hear lip service from guys like Drier and McCain. But McCain as the candidate, goes to a MECHA and LA Raza meeting?!?!?

Rohrbacher and Tancreto are the ones I'm aware of that are against amnesty - but it seems in Federal and State government in general, the Republicans are either very silent or politically correct versus having a very clear cut line in the sand (at border that is).

Give me a Gubanatorial or Presidential candidate that will revoke the anchor baby loophole - and that guy's got my money and vote.
    McCain is a RINO and so are Collins and Snowe...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

ELE

Vote for candidates that have proven their against Amnesty.

CaliVoter, you are mistaken. Watch C=Span and go to www.Senate.org, www.Fair.org, wwwnumbers.usa, wwwwhathappenedtomyamerica.com and www.judicial.org . Aftter you watch and listen to isuues having to do with illegal immigration from legitimate sources, I'm sure you will find out for yourself, that the Republican party is mostly against Amnesty. On www.Senate.org or www.Senate.Go you can go and see how politicans are voting on Amnesty and related issues. Clearly, the majority of Democrats are pushing Amnesty and the majority of Republicans are holding them back.

Cali, you can't go by Bush's performance, he was really a Democrat in Republican clothing. Interestingly, Bush did not have the support of the Republican Party. He and the Democratic dominated House and Senate were pea's from the same corrupt pod.

Personally, I am not a party person, but an issues person. First and foremost, I vote for candidates that are against Amnesty.

This last presidential elect, however, I voted to keep somone from getting into office.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

hi profile Republicans then

what you guys are all saying is probably true - that by and large, GOP is anti amnesty BUT - here you have what was a card carrying money donating person (me) with the PERCEPTION that GOP became the party of La Raza.

Let's say I've been a staunch loyal GOP anti-amnesty Senator - then Bush Jr. starts his Vincente Fox love-in, I would been vocal in blowing him out of the party - I would openly call Bush a traitor and not give him my party's nomination - no - it seemed everyone but Tancreto went along.

What's that saying "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing..." ?

I quit the Republican party about 2005, after the administration of GWB did everything they could to give, sell and lease this country, allowing banks to go nuts lending to illegals, exporting jobs and importing cheap labor and the Security and Prosperity Partnership. This was the party I had grown up with and it was not the same. Even with Republican control of Congress, GWB had his wayward ways. Supporting big business used to mean more jobs for Americans, but it means more jobs for the rest of the world and a population explosion of illegals doing "the jobs Americans won't do." Well who the crap did them before?!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    ya cant win me over MW ... nor can a politician that will vote 40% of my core values... those days are over

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast