Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Altura, Crocket: Yup, agreed.

Chrome: Take it from someone that lives in a state that does give DLs to illegals, ... just DON'T DO IT!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PhredE, You got it Man Just say no! Driver Licenses=Voting and Voting=Kulingoski and Kulingoski=Welfare and more taxes. Vicious cycle I tell you and that’s from two Oregonians.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Has everyone totally forgotten the 9/11 fiends had valid
    US DLs? In NC you can vote with an NCDL. They can only
    kill so many of us on the highway & the gov will have to
    face the backlash from soccer mom & dad in Burbia. If
    they take away my vote, the whole country will go. Do
    people not read American history anymore? Do they not
    see the huge struggle black folk went through to get a
    vote just to throw it away now?

You should just ban all bars & pubs if your personal
    safety is the key issue here.

MW
    Forgive me for asking Gabriel, but do you support allowing everyone in the free world illegal entry into the United States? Exactly what is it you don't understand in regards to the dangers (economically & physically) of such a ludicrous argument? Your pattern of thought on the subject is severly flawed. May I suggest some factual reading that would serve to enlighten you on what you're advocating?

Please educate us some more on how you think it should be.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    Basic yes; so is building a fence, having troops guard our borders, performing immigration sweeps, and shipping illegals back to their countries. This all seems basic. Is this possible? No, your "if" is the problem.
    Why do you say fence, troops, sweeps, and kicking the illegals out is impossible?

The "if" isn't a problem at all, simply remove it from the phrase and we can say, "One solution is to make it impossible for them to function in our society thereby leading to many of them self-deporting."

[quote:3ft5l9zd]By the way, $5.00 a day could feed your family in Mexico. Would it allow you to purchase a new vehicle, and own your own home with cable television? It wouldn't ever happen in a million years.
    You are aware that illegals are getting loans to buy homes and cars even on their "$5/day" paycheck, right?[/quote:3ft5l9zd]

"One solution" or "if" makes no difference. It is the same thing. My point is it WON'T happen. Too many people are dependant upon these people. The entire state of California is dependant upon illegal immigrants and there are others that will follow. Do you eat lettuce? Check where the majority of it comes from. Do you own a new home? Are you sure about the status of the construction workers?

By $5.00 a day I meant they were making the equivalent of $5.00 in Mexico. No, that will not allow you to purchase a new car and build a home in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    By the way, $5.00 a day could feed your family in Mexico.
    There goes the 'starving immigrant' argument, right out the window!

[quote:2p2dzgq5]Would it allow you to purchase a new vehicle, and own your own home with cable television? It wouldn't ever happen in a million years.
    Not my country, not my problem.[/quote:2p2dzgq5]

I would agree that the "starving immigrant" argument should go out the window, but evidently people would like to have other things besides food.

No it is not your country, but it is your problem, which is why this forum exists.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Gabrial wrote:

Self-deport? Where they can make $5 a day in their own countries if they are lucky and drive new cars and own a home or at least live in a home here. That's wishful thinking . I would love to see the statistics on self deportation.
    $5.00 a day is better than nothing. If we make it impossible for them to function in our society, many of them will self-deport. Not because they want too, but because they have no choice. $5.00 a day in Mexico may feed your family for a day, $5.00 in the United States won't even buy you a Big Mac, fry, and soda at McDonalds. Zero access to the U.S. job market will force many home and stop others from coming. This is pretty basic stuff.
    Basic yes; so is building a fence, having troops guard our borders, performing immigration sweeps, and shipping illegals back to their countries. This all seems basic. Is this possible? No, your "if" is the problem. We could "if" all day long. By the way, $5.00 a day could feed your family in Mexico. Would it allow you to purchase a new vehicle, and own your own home with cable television? It wouldn't ever happen in a million years.
    The ONLY reason that any of this stuff is not so easy as to be automatic is that many politicians have ulterior motives for allowing the aliens to come and to stay. As a matter of fact, it was so easy to accomplish that it was in fact accomplished for most of the last century until the politicians figured out what they had to gain by letting the illegals in.
    I agree with your argument about politicians. They are paid prostitutes and most are businessmen starting right at the top with G.W.B. He recognizes what is good for business which is probably why he won't take a stand against illegals.

Banned
    By $5.00 a day I meant they were making the equivalent of $5.00 in Mexico. No, that will not allow you to purchase a new car and build a home in Mexico.
    Gabriel, why should I care whether or not a citizen of Mexico can buy a new home or car? Millions of Americans, including myself, are unable to buy those things, either. Why should I give up MY job? So an illegal alien can take those dreams away from me? Since when did Mexican interests become more important than American interests in America?

Your myopic, liberal thinking doesn't take into account the deleterious effects of illegal immigration on the working class, who've seen their net wages DROP by as much as 50% over the last 20 years, expressly due to the huge influx of cheap, ILLEGAL labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    Because illegals might believe it may prevent them from being deported or at the very least less prone.
    If that's what the politicians think, then this country is in bigger trouble than it already is.

[quote:h336i8tl]Registration, smog inspections aren't an issue as most of the cars of illegals are registered (you can't be registered without a smog inspection).
    Incorrect. In the state of CA, there are some cars that are completely exempt from smog inspections and then there are certain times when more cars are exempt from smog inspection. However, having insurance is required for registration, period.

The problem is there isn't anyone available to pay for the damage to your vehicle when they hit you, except of course your insurance company and you.
    The problem is illegals do not follow the laws/rules of this country and giving them licenses will not change that.[/quote:h336i8tl]

I was responding to the poster who stated that if illegals would get a DL, why would they pay registrations, get smog inspections, and pay for insurance, so I was not addressing those cars that don't need smog inspections, since that would have eliminated the smog inspection issue the poster was stating would not be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Gabriel, why should I care whether or not a citizen of Mexico can buy a new home or car? Millions of Americans, including myself, are unable to buy those things, either. Why should I give up MY job? So an illegal alien can take those dreams away from me? Since when did Mexican interests become more important than American interests in America?

Your myopic, liberal thinking doesn't take into account the deleterious effects of illegal immigration on the working class, who've seen their net wages DROP by as much as 50% over the last 20 years, expressly due to the huge influx of cheap, ILLEGAL labor.
    I'm not saying you should care as I was responding to why an illegal would not self deport when the potential here cannot be measured.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast