Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No, the head of Ice statement that they may not take any suspected illegal alins from Arizona police officers is an attempt by Washington policy makers and the Whitehouse to create a showdown attitude with Arizona.

They know that the way things are set up with the federal governemt having the sole power to decide immigration status issues and rules to naturalization and their systems in place already to hold legal detention and deportation proceedings that yes, we may end up being able to arrest suspected illegal aliens but what are we going to do with them if ICE refuses to take custody.

In otherwords they are raising the ante in their game of poker with Arizona by making it clear that they hold a certain hand of cards that we need to make our new law work. They know Arizona doesn't have the money and resources to hold an illegal alien in long-term custody if we can't turn them over to ICE.

By playing those cards ICE seeks to limit the law to their terms and conditions thus holding the highest hand of leverage. In the end I think ICE won't be able to play that hand because the issue is beyond just Arizona border now with the national exposure and vigorous debate going on all over the country.

They know that Americans would not stand for this game playing by ICE and many politicians would hear from their constituents on this and political pressure would be applied to the administration by congress to get ICE on board in accepting these suspected aliens detained or arrested by Arizona law enforcement agencies. After all, congress holds an even higher hand then ICE and that is the appropriation process of annual funding to the Department of Homeland Security. They can stall appropriations to force ICE into accepting aliens from Arizona. So, its all political grandstanding and we will all know more come July 29th when this new law takes affect and within a few days as law enforment moves forward under the new Arizona law.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    correct me if wrong, but i seem to remember a story that either the governor or the mayor of denver owns a business that actually does hire illegals and i seem to also remember DENVER is a sanctuary city
    Mayor of Denver who hired illegal aliens in his restaurant and one of them killed a Denver Police Officer, with a wife and 2 kids. Then he fled to Mexico.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Arizonaman2008
    No, the head of Ice statement that they may not take any suspected illegal alins from Arizona police officers is an attempt by Washington policy makers and the Whitehouse to create a showdown attitude with Arizona.

They know that the way things are set up with the federal governemt having the sole power to decide immigration status issues and rules to naturalization and their systems in place already to hold legal detention and deportation proceedings that yes, we may end up being able to arrest suspected illegal aliens but what are we going to do with them if ICE refuses to take custody.

In otherwords they are raising the ante in their game of poker with Arizona by making it clear that they hold a certain hand of cards that we need to make our new law work. They know Arizona doesn't have the money and resources to hold an illegal alien in long-term custody if we can't turn them over to ICE.

By playing those cards ICE seeks to limit the law to their terms and conditions thus holding the highest hand of leverage. In the end I think ICE won't be able to play that hand because the issue is beyond just Arizona border now with the national exposure and vigorous debate going on all over the country.

They know that Americans would not stand for this game playing by ICE and many politicians would hear from their constituents on this and political pressure would be applied to the administration by congress to get ICE on board in accepting these suspected aliens detained or arrested by Arizona law enforcement agencies. After all, congress holds an even higher hand then ICE and that is the appropriation process of annual funding to the Department of Homeland Security. They can stall appropriations to force ICE into accepting aliens from Arizona. So, its all political grandstanding and we will all know more come July 29th when this new law takes affect and within a few days as law enforment moves forward under the new Arizona law.
    been talking with my arizona peeps , and we have the perfect answer for this show down ... if the government doesn't get rid of the people who are in the country illegaly .. we just shut down the power to LA ... all legally binding contracts are OFF ... if we suffer , EVERYONE will suffer ....

I sent your post to my e-mail buddie in Denver.....this is the reply I just received

I never felt CO was particularly anti-illegal. Denver is a sanctuary city, you know. (They deny this of course...)
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    correct me if wrong, but i seem to remember a story that either the governor or the mayor of denver owns a business that actually does hire illegals and i seem to also remember DENVER is a sanctuary city
    Both the governor and the mayor of Denver are notorious illegal supporters, both push progressive agendas. Gov Ritter is not running again........he knows he could not win, he is just doing as much damage as he can before he is out the door! Mayor Hickenlooper is running for governor however everyone is on to him too!!! Coloradans are SICK of illegal immigration and want some REAL CHANGE!

OKLAHOMAN"S ARE TOUGH, IT WILL HAPPEN! JUST KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12