Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hi. I'm the one who came up with the birth-rates of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans. I forget the actual book where I got those stats, it was a pretty credible, official-type book about birth rates and population statistics of the world. I sited the figures in my own book about life on the streets (which I'm not allowed to plug on this site according to the rules of the site). I still have the birth rate book somewhere packed up in storage, I'll see if I can find it. But why do you doubt those statistics? I've seen them sited elsewhere in many other places and I'll browse the web after this entry to see if I can find something more definitive. I've read numerous times that the Mexian-American birthrate is twice that of the rest of AMericans. As for the term "fleeing," a descriptive term like that is a matter of opinion, of course. But it seems apt, considering these are desparate people sneaking across dangerous stretches of desert.

Your an elitist with a grudge against Mexicans.And I don't need a Spanish lesson from South America.My family is from Spain,so let's not try and snob someone,ok?Whether you speak Castiliano or not,so what?You're here now.

Acebackwords-I doubt those stats because we have no reliable stats on ths sort of thing.Our estimate of the number of illegals being 11 million nationwide might very well in all reality be just California's share of them.Also I know far too many of them.The outrageous claim of 7/4 children is very stereotypical and would never apply in this day and age.

Hi Rickesteves. This is the only thing I've found so far on a quick trolling of the web. According to the California Latino Demographic Datebook for 1990, Latinos made up about 25% of the California population but made up about 50% of the births. Which would be in line with what I was saying that they're making babies at twice the rate of the rest of Americans. The statistic I sited earlier of 7 babies per Mexican couple was from 30 years ago, of which we are now seeing the progeny amongst our recent immigrants. I'm not sure what the Mexican birth rate is today, I know its now lower than 7-per, but I'm not sure exactly what. I know their birth rate is still way high.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebackwords
    Hi Rickesteves. This is the only thing I've found so far on a quick trolling of the web. According to the California Latino Demographic Datebook for 1990, Latinos made up about 25% of the California population but made up about 50% of the births. Which would be in line with what I was saying that they're making babies at twice the rate of the rest of Americans.
    Just look at West Berkeley...

Re: macho primativeness

Quote Originally Posted by sonali
    In Chile, we dont have this problem. Being a catholic nation, we do agree, yes the bible says be fruitful and multiply but at the same time, the bible also says to be responsible and not to be stupid. I have noticed from what mexicans I know(I try hard not to associate with most of the primative mexicans), it is a macho thing to have a lot of kids. Hell, in their home towns after their wedding nights(when they first have sex with their wives who they believe are virgins), they take the bloody sheets off of the bed and hang it on the door for everyone in the village to see. Tell me, if this is not primative. People wonder why us south americans cannot stand to be grouped with these people.
    Sonali- It's true that some people's cultures and behaviors are somewhat 'primative'. But, there's alittle bit of primatism in all the races in all the world. I was raised catholic too, but that didn't mean I was constantly breeding babies. I only had two. As far as your story about those macho-mexican boys(not men) hanging bloody sheets on their doors as proof of their manhood, I believe it. And I wouldn't want to be associated with them either!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mexican birth-rate statistics

I think Rickesteves is right to take all these statistics with a certain ammount of skepticism, but I do think they tell a generally accurate story. Here's what I dug up so far: According to the Public Policy Insititute of California, during the years 1985 to 1991, the average birth-rate of Hispanic-American women fluxated from an average of 3.25 to 4.44 babies-per-woman (reaching their peak during a period of amnesty for illegals, not so un-coincidentally). This is in comparison to non-Hispanic American women averaging 1.8 to 2.2 babies-per woman during those years. Also: According to the Population Reference Bureau (and a Pat Buchanan book) Mexican women in Mexico in 1960 were averaging 6.1 babies-per-woman. So there you go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12