Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh, he is far from hollow and there is plenty there. We won't know it until it is too late if he is elected.

He doesn't have to be specific - and with the media, and whatever, on his side he doesn't need it.

It just really pains me to see regular Americans being sucked in - but they are.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The global and American media are pushing Obama big time, and I agree that he has had a pass so far on explaining his inexperience and his extremely liberal record. I hope that changes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I love your optimism - keep it up.

I am always skeptical and cynical - but I hope we win.

They may very well not try to pass an amesty bill - up front and in the open. It may be the through 'a thousands little cuts' that we don't even know about until it's the law.

They could be no other reason for their dragging their feet and refusing to enforce the laws. Hey they know how the American people feel, they are just playing games with us with this supposed enforcement -

If we do achieve victory, however, I don't think it will be entirely or even mainly through political channels, but through economic channels.
    I'm quite skeptical and cynical also--at least when it comes to political matters.

What really concerns me about an Obama win is that I think he'd try to use it as leverage for shifting American thought and culture, aided by his supporters --both those who fully understand his global-mindedness and those who don't. It will be "jump on the Obama train and follow him off the cliff to universal utopia". It's astonishing to me that, apparently, his supporters don't seem the slightest disquieted by his laxity in fleshing out his political vision for "change". There's a disturbing fanaticism that seems to have developed around him---maybe an Obama mind-meld. I also find his rhetoric grandiose and naive.

I will never vote for this man due to his position on illegals. While I think there are candidates in the race who would be somewhat malleable on the issue, I don't count him among them. It's like he's aiming to buy us cheaply with his nebulous notion of "change", and then later sell us on what's good for us at a very high price. That will be our national sovereignty. He's no different than any Washington insider-elite, in that respect.

Obama is a racist in order to be a member of his church you have to be black as only blacks are allowed to join. He wants to send all kinds of aid to Africa, he wants amnisty for everybody, open borders and raise taxes. If he wins we are in real trouble.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

I am curious. What would happen if when it came time to vote, a majority of americans did not like either canidate, and the majority all wrote in a canadite, say, the same canidate. Would that mean anything? Like a write in canidate, or would all those votes become null and void?

Here's the link to his church:

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

While it doesn't explicitly state other races aren't welcome, it does say the church is centered around the African-American experience. And identification with and commitment to Africa are expected.

saki Yes, the Obama thing is very strange - although not unexpected. AS I said, he was annointed by the media immediately - and they have been pushing him ever since. There is something there that we will may live to regret.

totallybeachin I don't know - I would assume a write in should count - but don't actually know. How do you write in on an electronic machine?

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    totallybeachin I don't know - I would assume a write in should count - but don't actually know. How do you write in on an electronic machine?
    I don't know how that would work either. I have never seen/voted on an electronic machine. I was handed a pencil at the door to fill in a circle beside the canidate of my choice. Personally, I questioned the whole pencil thing. Made me feel like my vote could have been erased and marked another way if my voting card had picked someone other than who the people counting the votes wanted. I have registered in another state this year so maybe I will experience something new. Guess I will have to wait and see. If I even bother at all. I am staring to feel like I am living in a bubble. It seems like the people in this country are totally on the opposite side of us. Why do I feel like nobody cares about all the invaders? I am losing faith.

MW
    LawEnforcer wrote:

If a Dem becomes president, the amnesty bill will be partisan. If an Open Border Republican becomes president, the amensty will be bi-partisan, thus it will be more difficult to defeit it.
    I don't agree, and I'll tell you why. It's no secret that the majority of Republicans in the US House and Senate are against amnesty. That very fact is what has halted three separate amnesty attempt over the last two years. Well, that and the American people. Now, a Democrat President will know he has the support of his party on amnesty. Knowing this will make him eager to push the agenda forward, and he'll most certainly sign it should it arrive on his desk. On the other hand, a Republican President will not be eager to work against his own party on the issue, especially after observing the problems the issue caused the Bush administration. Let's face the truth, Bush lost a ton of political capital over the issue. IMO, the surest way to an amnesty is a Democrat controlled Congress and Democrat President. With that said, there is no way I'll vote for McCain or Guiliani, however, I do honestly feel a Democrat sitting in the White House would be the worse possible scenario if we hope to keep amnesty at bay. We were able to fight Bush off because the majority of his party was against him too, which made him a little more reluctant to force the issue to what I would consider the extreme. However, should the Democrats remain in control of the U.S. Congress (House & Senate), and the American people vote in a Democrat President - our butts will be cooked. Yes, they would automatically assume they have a mandate from the American people to pass an amnesty plan.

Think about it, Democrat control over every aspect of our government will be a total disaster, especially in the area of immigration! Granted, the wrong Republican President will be bad, real bad, but at least we would still have a chance to fight amnesty off because a Republican President will not be as aggressive in pushing against his party on the issue. A Democrat President won't have to push againt his own party because the support is already built in.

Just my opinion............

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Don't loose faith - we do have weapons in our arsenals, figuratively speaking of course, and we could use them.

It does seem that even though many of us want something done about immigration - we are pulling in different directions and making decisions based on other things.

Illegal immigration is #1 with me - if we don't fix that - and soon - nothing else will matter.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast