Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

About the illegals in the union, I saw a news show back when I had TV, on the number of illegals working Las Vegas and how many were members of the union for servers, maids, etc. - don't remember the name of the union.

We may have stopped amnesty this last time, because they knew an election was coming up. We will be up against it harder than ever and i don't know they will be as upfront about it this next time.

I fear amnesty is actually being done behind our backs right now. I wouldn't surprise me to find that our government is handing out green cards by the thousands and putting others on the 'fast track' to citizenship.
    Also, they could have a lot of the illegals go back to Mexico and simply enter under the NAFTA or HB legal work program.

I think when the smoke clears, they are going to say, 'but we don't have any illegals here', they are all working legally.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If that is true the American government is incredibly stupid, and has learned nothing. They must be blind that an amnesty will bring about some sort of revolution in this country, and in one way or another, seal their political careers.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I don't think they are worried one bit about Americans revolting - either in violence or at the polls.

I mean people are talking about voting for Obama - does that sound like a country that would revolt over amnesty?

Those whose careers would be ruined already have plenty of money stashed away. They are not in it for the money any longer, I don't think. They are in it for the power and because they have a job to do - not the one we hired them for either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If a Dem becomes president, the amnesty bill will be partisan. If an Open Border Republican becomes president, the amensty will be bi-partisan, thus it will be more difficult to defeit it.

Might as well throw in the towel then.

Game over.

See you at the signing!!

BFR: I tend to agree with LawEnforcer - in short, things aren't as bad as you may think they are. Plus, there are other aspects to the problem that still pose a big hurdle for the pro-amnesty supporters too: the unity or lack of unity in Congress, state-level laws, etc. It isn't a 'done-deal' until it's, well, done. So, never give up, never give in.

Of course that is not my real opinion (see posts above). But if you truly believe that the US government is successfully pulling off an amnesty, and the American people are going to sit on their butts, without any repricussions, then I honestly don't know what we are doing here.

See you at the signing!!

While I believe it is possible - probable - I still have hope.

But ask yourself why this government isn't enforcing the laws - I mean really enforcing the laws. They are making a mockery of our laws pretending they are doing something.

Why are we getting raids that net a few - and why are we building 'detention' centers to hold all these people so they can have their day in court - at our expense?

How can anyone doubt the possiblity of this happening when we see what they have been doing for the last 30 years - and at the blatant behavior of our President and his pandering and selling out his country.

How can we see him making secret deals about the NAU, the SPP and the superhighway - and not ask yourself if they might not be legalizing all illegals? It seems like a real good possibility to me.

To not be willing to at least think about it - makes no sense.

Of course I see the possiblility. I just don't think that an amnesty will ever be passed. More and more Americans are awakening every day. They have been awakening since May 1, 2006. The worse the problem gets, the worse our gov't gets, the stronger the opposition (us) gets. The US government is either learning, or is stupid enough to have to meet the American people in some sort of battle royal eventually. One that we will undoubtably win. One way or another we will win. I am very confident in this. This very optimism keeps the fight in me.

See you at the signing!!

I love your optimism - keep it up.

I am always skeptical and cynical - but I hope we win.

They may very well not try to pass an amesty bill - up front and in the open. It may be the through 'a thousands little cuts' that we don't even know about until it's the law.

They could be no other reason for their dragging their feet and refusing to enforce the laws. Hey they know how the American people feel, they are just playing games with us with this supposed enforcement -

If we do achieve victory, however, I don't think it will be entirely or even mainly through political channels, but through economic channels.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast