Thread: Why is this OK?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why is this OK?

I'm at a red light, stopped, headed uphill. As all of us have done, my car slowly rolls forward, while I am braking, and slightly taps the small 1977 Capri in front of me. I get out, see no damage, (other than the rusty bumper of this POS). I tell the driver that it's OK, no harm done, but she sits still and does not leave, although the light is green. Well, I can't move cause I'm afraid of getting a hit & run. The lady won't say a word, just stares straight ahead. Won't say a word. By then the police show up. They get the same response form the lady and fearing she is in shock, call an ambulance. The paramedics ge there and get the same non-response, and put her on a strecher (remember it was only a 2 mph TAP!) and take her to the hospital, where they finally figure out the reason she won't talk is because she is MEXICAN and doesn't know ENGLISH! After getting an interpreter in, she tell them she is just fine. But guess who has to pay for the Ambulance, the INTERPRETER and of all else, the rusty bumper? ME AND MY INSURANCE!!! Why is this right in this society? Because I work hard and can afford insurance, and I am legal? My insurance said it wasn't enought to fight it but it affecrted my rates. As far as the police, they couldn't find a fresh scratch among the deteration and other older scratches and dents. So why am I THAT liable for something that has happened to me from other drivers behind me that wasn't a big deal either?

ronny:

Start braking sooner!

Seriously, this does not sound right. Even if she spoke no English, it would seem to me that she could have made some gesture that she was OK or at least once the ambulance arrived to indicate she did not want treatment. Then, after going through all the motions, for her to say she is OK at the hospital, just doesn't sound right they are sticking you with the bill.

Did she have a valid drivers license ? If not did the officer write her a ticket. If she did not have a license and she was not given a ticket call the Department head and raise h-//. then take her to small claims court for the cost of the hospital trip and your emotional distress.

FIGHT BACK AND HOLD THE LINE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LOL the girl did not say anything cause she don´t speak english, just weird experience.

Did she get money from you or asked about it??????????

I JUST CANCELLED MY INSURANCE last friday!!!
    I work hard and can afford insurance but there it is to much i just paid
    1000 bucks for 1 year(jetta). I drive slow but i need this money to do other things. Hope do not crash with some one.

OMG! This is total crap! Be sure to add in the insurance increase for 3 years.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In the state of Louisiana, if you hit someone from behind, it's automatically your fault. We have a very high accident rate amongst drivers who tail gate and such, I suspect this is the reason why my state is so strict on this particular law.

Quote Originally Posted by Truism
    In the state of Louisiana, if you hit someone from behind, it's automatically your fault. We have a very high accident rate amongst drivers who tail gate and such, I suspect this is the reason why my state is so strict on this particular law.
    Well let me say we have the same rule in entire mexico.
    So for this reason i drive at 40 to 50 mph.

Nice Beto. Glad you're setting a "good example" for your fellow countrymen.

I bet even Vicente doesn't have car insurance !!