Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don' think the larger problem is being addressed. We are being taxed to death on everything.

Think about it....look at all the taxes and sucharges all over your phone bill. Then there is the gas tax. Sales tax is out of contro. They rob our paychecks every week for this that and the other thing. Social Security tax? Are we ever going to even get Social Security? And yet, even with all these taxes, the state and federal goverments are all broke. Social Security is broke.

Where is all the money going? Where? It is going somewhere....into someone's pocket that's where.

Ask yourself this....if they REALLY cared about child healthcare, wouldn't we have universal healthcare? The health insurance companies suck up all the health care dollars and then don't pay claims. And our wonderful government does nothing about it. They care about children? Give me a break. Why don't they regulate the health insurance companies then? Either that or put a universal healthcare system in place? One or the other.

Instead they keep raising tax on everything. This is not just about cigarette tax...it is much larger than that. Today it is about cigarette tax...but that is just today.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And one more thing. I think they are hyping up the obesity thing. I thought that americans were really getting obese because I heard it all the time.

But when I go out on the street, I don't actually see that this is the case. At the grocery store...normal weight people. Kids playing on the school yard...normal weight...in fact some of them look like they could use a few more pounds. Go to a restaurant...normal weight people. I don't actually SEE a huge amount of obese....or even overweight people walking around. There is the occassional overweight person, but that has always been true.

I know this is a cigarette tax thread...but it ties in with my theory about all these things being blown out of proportion FOR THE PURPOSE OF RAISING TAXES NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF MAKING ANYONE MORE HEALTHY. To me it looks like they are creating the illusion of problems so they can raise taxes...so they can line their own pockets.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Californians do not have a food tax.

The obese ones stay at home out of embarrassment, and the media knows it. The media is gaining more power now than ever. Throughout history, tomatoes were very popular at plays, now nobody wants to throw tomatoes at their T.V. sets.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

I am a smoker and personally, I 'm sick of being taxed to death. I won't have to smoke myself to death! I'm sick of being taxed and still being told what a filthy habit I have and how I'm not allowed to light up in public. I'm sick of being told by someone who's OBVIOUSLY addicted to FOOD that I'm addicted to cigarettes.

A few months back, I read an article where in Alabama or Mississippi, they talked about a "fat tax" and people were so angry it was actually funny! I thought it was hysterical. No one says a word until it's their addiction being attacked. I got a kick out of my way-too-fat cousin's outrage that they may tax all her junk food (she lives in Alabama) while she preached to me about my smoking.

I also resent the fact that MY cigarette tax money goes to provide health care for illegal aliens' children. That's the really bad part.

We are being taxed to death on everything.
    Exactly. One way or another they are trying to get every last dime and for the life of me, I don't see where it's going either. I can say I might not be as mad if these taxes actually went for health care for smokers.....but they won't get a dime. I love kids, but sorry, If you're making 200,000.....you don't need my help. I don't come close to that, and being a smoker, insurance would already costs me more than it would for a non-smoker. So we're getting it at all ends.

They put those red light cameras in and in a matter of months Chicago got 10 million in revenue and they're still broke. We've paid taxes and tolls and paid for roads 10x's over and then he (Daley) leases our roads and we still pay. Parking lots, parking meters, you name it, as if he owns them and that's what taxes went for. I'm fed up with the whole lot of them.....and their endless empty pockets. Sick of having them tax me to death for things, yet for some reason......me and mine never manage to be able to qualify for it when we need it.....or never benefit from them.

And one more thing. I think they are hyping up the obesity thing. I thought that americans were really getting obese because I heard it all the time.
    I do think people are heavier, but you have to remember when I was young, they had a different weight scale than they do now......I was walking death (85-95 lbs) and considered "normal".....it was way too skinny. I'm definately not that now, but stress, change of life issues, etc. play more into it than over eating. I always look in peoples carts to see what they're getting, and in all honesty, many are eating healthy items. I still say it's Frankenfood that's played into it. Whether its from genetic engineering or hormones or what it is. Because it seemed rather sudden to me to see people gain weight. I gained weight practically overnight and didn't alter my habits.....haven't eaten candy and cakes and such for so long I'm not sure what they taste like anymore. I'm afraid with cutting back, people will gain more, because the cheapest food is the most fattening and most unhealthy.

I forgot to mention this, the Obama administration found a way to come up for the money needed to fund SCHIP so illegal aliens could continue o get health care. The $35 billion needed will come from the 61 cent tax increase on cigarettes. I guess the Obama administration will have to start increasing more Americans to smoke now.

http://www.heritage.org/research/healthcare/wm1548.cfm
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyYuma
    Californians do not have a food tax.

The obese ones stay at home out of embarrassment, and the media knows it. The media is gaining more power now than ever. Throughout history, tomatoes were very popular at plays, now nobody wants to throw tomatoes at their T.V. sets.
    Actually we Californians DO have tax on some food. All snack foods are taxed. And when at work I have to eat lunch close to work....that is taxed. Prepared foods are all taxed....even if you take them home to eat them. And all the ingredients you use to cook....many are taxed. So unless you want very bland tasteless food, if you cook the finished product is partially taxed.

Been a few years since I posted here but...

Instead of complaining about tobacco taxes you can... grow your own tobacco. I have been. It's pretty easy to do unless you live in Alaska. This way there is no way for you to be taxed at all! Until they outlaw growing your own that is.

You can get seeds here... I did, no problems. Not endorsing the vendor just letting you know.

http://www.seedman.com/Tobacco.htm

You can produce all your yearly tobacco in about 10' x 10' space. Getting them started is the hardest part, after they get going it's like a weed.

Now is the time of year to start. Note that they really don't grow well until it gets to be about 80 during the day. Plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daculling
    Been a few years since I posted here but...

Instead of complaining about tobacco taxes you can... grow your own tobacco. I have been. It's pretty easy to do unless you live in Alaska. This way there is no way for you to be taxed at all! Until they outlaw growing your own that is.

You can get seeds here... I did, no problems. Not endorsing the vendor just letting you know.

http://www.seedman.com/Tobacco.htm

You can produce all your yearly tobacco in about 10' x 10' space. Getting them started is the hardest part, after they get going it's like a weed.

Now is the time of year to start. Note that they really don't grow well until it gets to be about 80 during the day. Plan accordingly.
    Thanks. Yes I have already sent for my seeds. I am going to add this to my already thriving vegetable garden. I think I got the seeds from Park Seeds. I am going to grow them in containers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast