Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    WE MUST STAND UNITED AND ROAR! WE LOVE THIS COUNTRY and we WILL NOT STAND BY AND WATCH IT GO DOWN THE DRAIN!!! IT IS LEFT UP TO US OUR GOVERNMENT HAS ABANDONED US FOR THE GREED FACTOR!!!

I recently came across a documentary that some of you folks might be interested in, entitled "The Century of the Self". This documentary explores the ways that Sigmund Freud's psychological theories have been applied practically upon the American people over the years. The idea has been to control the crowds in the age of mass democracy. It may help show why many Americans *don't* fight for their country and their future like they should.

If you find yourself at a loss to understand why average Americans make many of the choices they do, you should find some interesting insights here. One example in the documentary shows how Freudian theory was applied by Big Tobacco to break down social taboos for women and cigarettes. Basically it was the forerunner to spin and public relation campaigns. After World War II, the U.S. Government has also frequently employed the theories of Anna Freud (Sigmund's daughter) and Edward Bernays (Sigmund's nephew) to create docile "Democratic Citizens" (as opposed to citizens of a republic).

Google Video Link
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Thanks apropos for the link to the congress list. We can do this. We will take back our country each rep., congressman and state at a time! They want to mess with us, we will give it right back and WIN!!!

Be sure you check out the candidates really good so we don't end up with what we have now...I just clicked on the first one Theodore Terbolizard and looks like he was just arrested for Drunk driving...don't know if it is true but if it is, not good.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    April,

What most people are forgetting is who the real government is in this nation. Those who represent us, or are supposed to, can only do what We The People allow them to do.

But it takes more than the average joe, or jane who's life revolves going to work, and then spending the evening staring at the big eyeball in the livingroom.

It took me years to get my ex started and up to snuff on the issues, as she always was too busy, but since I got my daughter signed up with the JBS, the intercepts the monthly magazines and bulletines and scours through to educate herself and help our daughter to understand the tough spots.

I also got my daughter's American History teacher this last fall at the parent teacher conferences. My daughter hated the class, and after reading her American History book, I could plainly see why. The text was so confusing between democracy and republic, that even I had a hard time keeping it in context. I had to explain, and un-brainwash her, as to the foundations of the Unied States of America. I had to point out and show her through the use of The Federalist Papers, The Anti-Federalist Papers, The Constitution, Common Sense, and a variety of statements from our founding fathers as to basis that this nation was founded as a Republic. And not a Democracy. I did the same with her teacher, and ended up having an excellent conversation with him. He even admitted that I knew his class better than he does. That is after I waded through the barage of pad answers and statements he made in an effort to blow me off.

But that's the kind of effort that is needed from all parents to their children. That is the only way to keep them from becoming "sheeple" and from being lambs to the slaughter.
    You are correct it is this kind of effort that is needed from all parents in order for the next generation to be aware and avoid the sheeple path. Good for you!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    I recently came across a documentary that some of you folks might be interested in, entitled "The Century of the Self". This documentary explores the ways that Sigmund Freud's psychological theories have been applied practically upon the American people over the years. The idea has been to control the crowds in the age of mass democracy. It may help show why many Americans *don't* fight for their country and their future like they should.

If you find yourself at a loss to understand why average Americans make many of the choices they do, you should find some interesting insights here. One example in the documentary shows how Freudian theory was applied by Big Tobacco to break down social taboos for women and cigarettes. Basically it was the forerunner to spin and public relation campaigns. After World War II, the U.S. Government has also frequently employed the theories of Anna Freud (Sigmund's daughter) and Edward Bernays (Sigmund's nephew) to create docile "Democratic Citizens" (as opposed to citizens of a republic).

Google Video Link
    Most people would be amazed at the unscientific nature of Freud's theories. His impact on psycology has been essentially the breakdown of traditional Western family, social/moral norms, and Christianity. But as far as social theories most destrucitve to Western society.....The Frankfurt School takes the cake.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Simply Americans must wake up, we have a government totally controlled
    by big business, outsourcing, loss of all manufacturing, over 700 military
    bases throughout the world, nation building, total flow of taxpayer money
    going out of country in order to make the wealthy here more wealthy.
    It is serious folks and we need to be very angry about it.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

April,

Couldn't agree more. Out of a class of 36 students, my daughter and one other boy are the only ones willing to enter into a debate with their American History Instructor, and said instructor is quite careful about his phrasing as it pertains to history. Unless he wants to debate me again. Since I show up with historical proof. But it shows how the lefties at the college level are indoctrinating the teachers of our children into a pro-left attitude.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    April,

Couldn't agree more. Out of a class of 36 students, my daughter and one other boy are the only ones willing to enter into a debate with their American History Instructor, and said instructor is quite careful about his phrasing as it pertains to history. Unless he wants to debate me again. Since I show up with historical proof. But it shows how the lefties at the college level are indoctrinating the teachers of our children into a pro-left attitude.
    It is frightening how education is being twisted for agenda purposes. You should be very proud of your children, by speaking out they will enlighten others.

Yes, she had 3 friends stay over on her birthday, and that evening was spent with her and her friends grilling me about this stuff. I had expected a quiet evening myself, to take some time and work on the boat, but that went out the window real quick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast