Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think that it will provide relief for those that live on the border, and slow things down. Mexico will not be discouraged, and will find new ways to manipulate the system. Perhaps, through their new Megaport.

Can't these people think of anything new to write?

"The fence won't work because of blah blah blah blah blah..."

"Only a comprehensive immigration plan with "guest workers" will solve the problem."

Sure it will. And how does a "guest worker program" solve the problem of visa overstayers? Of course, the author doesn't say. And how do we get these "guests" to go back home again? Again, the author doesn't say.

And what about all the anchor babies these "guests" will pop out during their stay here? Will we really send momma and poppa home while leaving junior here all alone? Once again, total silence by the author.

The intellectual dishonesty of the people promoting this proposal is breathtaking, almost as breathtaking as the complete absence of anyone in the media bringing up these obvious flaws in the plan.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Cool new Avatar Count!

I think that it will provide relief for those that live on the border, and slow things down. Mexico will not be discouraged, and will find new ways to manipulate the system. Perhaps, through their new Megaport.
    Oh yeah you got this sooooo right...Neese!

They are such nice neighbors....Not!

I say build a mote and stock it with saltwater crocs and a huge electric fence like the one in Jurassic Park...

Sorry but my imagination is getting the better of me..LOL but I did ask Santa for this for CHRISTMAS!
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    Can't these people think of anything new to write?

"The fence won't work because of blah blah blah blah blah..."

"Only a comprehensive immigration plan with "guest workers" will solve the problem."

Sure it will. And how does a "guest worker program" solve the problem of visa overstayers? Of course, the author doesn't say. And how do we get these "guests" to go back home again? Again, the author doesn't say.

And what about all the anchor babies these "guests" will pop out during their stay here? Will we really send momma and poppa home while leaving junior here all alone? Once again, total silence by the author.

The intellectual dishonesty of the people promoting this proposal is breathtaking, almost as breathtaking as the complete absence of anyone in the media bringing up these obvious flaws in the plan.
    You bring up some very valid points. Another thing that the author doesn't mention is that since the majority of illegals are not visa overstayers but just illegals who jumped our southern border, the fence will stop most of those for sure. I would say that a 60% decrease in illegal immigration is a good percentage. The 14 mile fence on the San Diego border has stopped illegal immigation by a whopping 90%! Another thing it will deter are drug smugglers and terrorists coming in that way. Lets face it, all of the bleeding heart supporters of these illegals don't want the fence built because IT WILL WORK!

Much easier to start tracking the visa overstayers and deporting them, than the border jumpers because we have absolutely no way to track them at all or know who they are.

Banned
    I think all we have to do is look at the level of opposition to a fence to know whether it will be effective!

Of course a fence will slow people down, make them go around or under, and the hindrance will give border patrol more time to react and catch those coming across.

At the same time, we also acknowledge that many other measures are needed, including dealing with visa overstays and employment verification.

i think the fence will help, but not as the sole measure. we need more boarder patrol agents (and stop throwing them in jail if they do their job). but most importantly is enforcing the laws already on the books. like hiring illegals, stop ALL social services to illegals. when the pregos show up at our hospitals help them, then deport the whole family! i know that sounds harsh but i learned growing up, you follow the rules/laws and if you didn't the bad thing that happen to you , you brought it on yourself.

but the thing we really need again in this country is a feeling of patriatism. people are less likely to protect something if it isn't valued.

If a fence won't work, then how come there's one outside the Whitehouse?

I'll bet Ted Kennedy's got a fence to keep people off his property too.

But seriously, I agree with this:
    http://www.alipac.us/article1111-thread-1-0.html
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

MW
    I pretty much share everyone elses thoughts on the fence. The fence will not completely solve the problem, but it will serve as a vital part of an overall plan to slow the maddening influx of illegal immigrants and drug smugglers that we're currently experiencing. I firmly believe physical barriers, including fences, are paramount to any good border security plan.

Kate wrote:

I think all we have to do is look at the level of opposition to a fence to know whether it will be effective!
    You're absolutely right! The fear of the fence should be all the motivation we need to fully endorse it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast