Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    The intellectual dishonesty of the people promoting this proposal is breathtaking, almost as breathtaking as the complete absence of anyone in the media bringing up these obvious flaws in the plan.
    But they got this intellectual dishonesty from the college professors! Go into a big university like Michigan State University and try to talk to "scientifically" minded Anthropology or Sociology researchers. You will get the same rubbish. Go into their "Latin American studies departments" and you will find college professors who have been sponsored by big companies like Ford Motors preaching that the US will be invaded by Mexico and white people killed off!

The poisoning started in our big universities.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    Unless there is another attack or a huge public outcry there probsably will be no fence. Maybe a virtual fence like senator Cornyn suggests which is really virtually nothing.
    I am even more cynical than that. I would imagine that the real goal of a "virtual fence" will be to give the Mexican government the means to monitor the minutemen and create better avenues for illegals to get into the country.

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    Unless there is another attack or a huge public outcry there probsably will be no fence. Maybe a virtual fence like senator Cornyn suggests which is really virtually nothing.
    I am even more cynical than that. I would imagine that the real goal of a "virtual fence" will be to give the Mexican government the means to monitor the minutemen and create better avenues for illegals to get into the country.

i guess i'm cynical also, i agree. i am getting to the point that anything bush proposes i hesitate and first think how this is going to help mexico, 'cause i know he doesn't do any thing for the American middle class... except take our money... to help mexicans... there i go again cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Not so, the amnesty is`nt ment for Mexico. it`s the ones that are here.
    Without a border fence and the existing laws enforced, we`re just repeating history.
    The Minutemen are already building a fence down there, and to be honest, I believe that`s the only way we`re going to get one up. By the people.

I`ve mentioned before
    Anyone whose job involves some type of repair knows that , in order to repair something, you need to fix the cause of the problem first, which in turn eliminates the problem. Afterwards you may have some dirty work to clean up. But that comes with the job.
    But once Bush gets his amnesty program through we'll see millions and millions flood over from Mexico legally as family members. The last amnesty program that was being debated in congress would have allowed 100 plus million in by 2025. But I do support building a fence. We could easily build one across our entire southern border. We could do it rather quickly and it would be extremely effective. But there isn't the political will in Washington to do it. And Bush is the main problem. The only reason he signed the 700 mile authorization was his feet were being held to the fire over our congressional elections. He saw millions of republicans were feeling disenfranchised by his policies and were planning to sit home on election day. It wasn't that Bush really cares about the republican supports, he doesn't. But he does need the support in congress. But with the NAFTA open border policies coming in to play soon, we'll be seeing thousands of tractor trailers coming up from Mexico and we'll be inspecting only a tiny fraction of them. Which is why China is building all those ports in Mexico, so they can sent thousands of trailers up into the american mid-west. And we all know many of them will be packed with mexican illegal aliens and drugs. The problem is, Bush's polices support and benefit corporations more than they do the average american worker. Bush knows illegals help businesses keep labor costs down, and that is tremendiously beneficial to the economy and business itself. Bush could care less about the burden illegals put on our social programs, that is primarily a state expense, and the fact that they compete with our own very poor for employment doesn't bother Bush at all. Bush has made it clear he supports a North American Union. Which means corporations will be able to benefit from extremely cheap mexican labor. The only reason the Bush Adminstration has been cracking down on illegals with these ICE raids is Bush knows he needs the support of the american people to get his amnesty program through. Bush is ensuring no real busts are being made. These are just token enforcements. We are having about 5000 thousand illegals coming over to the US every single day and the busts we have been seeing over the last few weeks are nothing and Bush knows it. They are nothing more than a cost of doing business necessary to get his amnesty program through. These are token arrests, many of whom are being released almost immediately and Bush is laughing at us. And I guarantee we will not see any major busts in areas where huge numbers of illegals are. There are millions of them in LA alone. LA is a sanctuary city where we could scoop up hundreds of them every single hour of every single day for years to come. This is going to get much much worse than it is now, and I'm really frustrated because I'm not sure it's ever going to get better.

Now I'll get off of my soap box. Sorry guys, I had to vent.

April
    Hawkeye, I believe you are correct in much of your post. It is up to us the American People to fight for our right not to have Illegal Aliens take over and change our way of life. WE need to keep the heat on Washington by any means necessary.
    All through history people have had to fight to be heard and recognized by government, this is no different. I believe we can make it better through determination and refusal to give up

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I seem to recall hearing that the fence the Israelies installed between Israel and palestinian land has drastically cut the amount of suicide bombings of Israel.
    Yes, now thats a fence! That type would surely be a deterrent and with electronic surveillance and detection would be formidable indeed.

Pakistan to fence and mine border on Afghanistan.
    If a fenced and mined border is needed on there border to keep terrorist out of Pakistan, why can’t it be done on our border to keep illegal aliens out who in a way are also terrorist. It would work and be a cheap and safe way to secure our border. It would save lives because if they know the border was mined they would not attempt to cross a dangerous desert where many have lost their lives. They would cross the border the legal way as all other legal immigrants have.
    We put electrical wire on prison fences and wall and that is not inhumane because it keep criminals in and society safe.

Pakistan Announces Plans to Fence and Mine Border with Afghanistan

By Benjamin Sand
    Islamabad

26 December 2006
    http://www.voanews.com/english/2006-12-26-voa15.cfm

How non-p.c. I suggested large amphibious reptiles in the Rio Grande once and got scolded. I hope thwe Pakistani's are in a lot of trouble. Seriously though their border terrain makes ours look like a grammar school play ground.

Pakistan to fence and mine border on Afghanistan.
    If a fenced and mined border is needed on their border to keep terrorist out of Pakistan, why can’t it be done on our border to keep illegal aliens out who in a way are also terrorist. It would work and be a cheap and safe way to secure our border. It would save lives because if they know the border was mined they would not attempt to cross a dangerous desert where many have lost their lives. They would cross the border the legal way as all other legal immigrants have.
    We put electrical wire on prison fences and wall and that is not inhumane because it keep criminals in and society safe.

Pakistan Announces Plans to Fence and Mine Border with Afghanistan

By Benjamin Sand
    Islamabad
    26 December 2006
    http://www.voanews.com/english/2006-12-26-voa15.cfm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123