Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
    You would think some people on this thread are related to Romney, they are so intent on making him into some type of savior. He is like most politicians a professional liar, sorry, that is that way it goes. Flip Flopping is a form of lying/deception, saying whatever he thinks his audience wants to hear at the time. Romney has made it into a art form. We the people are what is going to save this country, not some lying politician in a suit.
    I think that a lot of people here at ALIPAC and across America are hitching their horses to the Romney cart and other campaigns because having hope that the game is not rigged is a more favorable condition to be in than to feel trapped and betrayed in every direction.

People do this more with Presidential candidates more than any other kind of candidate and that is why we dont endorse for President.

W

Everyone keep it respectful please and don't get personal with each other. Debate it out with reason and facts and cite your sources with links back into the ALIPAC archives.

W

Banned
    I guess I prefer reality so I do not have to feel like I was fooled later. Knowing his history I do not trust him at all. I think Americans have fallen for the political lies over and over and IMHO it just sends this country further into demise. He is not the only RINO candidate, I think it irks me because the establishment has set him up to be the one to win, which means we are the losers if he wins, of course we are losers if the other RINOs win as well. The deck always seemed so stacked against us. We are going to have to fight on no matter who wins. I am looking forward to Obama being out of office and if it is a RINO that replaces him, well it just means there is lots more work to do.

I think it is very wise that ALIPAC does not endorse candidates.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer View Post
    You're wrong, Romney can't be controlled by CFR, the Tri-Lattes, or NAU that's why the "Masters" you speak of keep giving us Newt's and Perry's and Huntsman's and Santorum's don't you think it's strange that MSM and the GOP keep handing us anyone except Romney? La Raza and the Re-friedconquista's are seething because he's doing much better then they thought he would. The Elites you speak of can not offer Mitt anything he doesn't already have and yes that does make a difference!

You're making a lot of sense, roofer. Romney has been getting attacked like crazy by the left leaning media lately. In my opinion, seems they favor Gingrich (or anyone other than Romney). Hmmm......is that because they fear Romney the most?

As for the flip-floppying.....people can change their political views over time. Furthermore, at least Romney has said, in front of God and everybody, that he would veto the Dream Act and will not support an amnesty of any kind. His saying that gives us something to hold over his head. We won't have the same leverage over those individual candidates that have already said they support some sort of amnesty. Is Romney a great choice, no he isn't but in my opinion, he's the best choice we have.

For all of those folks critical of Romney, who is your choice? It's easy to criticize, but it's not so easy when your asked to give a choice and tell us why your choice is better than Romney.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    The left is attacking all the republican candidates. Romney is the GOP ( the good ole boys) choice and that is not good. RINO McCain could not wait to endorse Romney. As far as having leverage over a RINO, their loyalty is not to the people, but to who pads their pockets. I have not decided who I support for sure but the obvious RINOs which are Perry, Romney and Gingrich stand out as those I cannot trust. More than likely we will have to accept a RINO but I am not going to white wash what he is. I have noticed Politicians get worse with age not better.

Oh How do you know a politician is lying????

His mouth is moving.

So Romney is a RINO and at the same time he is the GOP. He is a Republican in name only but he is the GOP choice. I find this very interesting.

There is a large segment in this country that are center, center left and center right (moderates). We live in states that do not allow Independents to vote in Republican or Democrat Primaries, so I guess we become RINO's or DINO's. So I guess you are saying that all moderates are not for the people and only care about padding their pockets.

Banned
    I thought I was making myself clear, Politicians in general like to follow direction of those who pad their pocket, whichever elite that might be at the time. That is obvious by the condition of our country.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
    I thought I was making myself clear, Politicians in general like to follow direction of those who pad their pocket...
    Mitt already has a "Big Fat Stack of Money" they can't pad his pockets, cause his pockets are already full! "Yeah! 2pts. and the crowd goes wild!"
    Last edited by stevetheroofer; 01-18-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mitt Romney for President: Two States, Two Languages, Two Faces

huffingtonpost.com
    Adam Luna, Political Director, America’s Voice
    Posted: 1/18/12 12:48 PM ET

The well-deserved rap on Mitt Romney is that he is a political opportunist who lacks core principles. No wonder. We're seeing a blatant example of that right now with the Romney campaign's efforts to simultaneously run two very different campaigns in South Carolina and Florida. This duplicity only confirms Romney's shape-shifting ways.

In South Carolina, Romney is sending out mailers touting his hardline immigration positions, has declared his support for forcing nearly every undocumented immigrant out of the country and he is trumpeting the endorsement of anti-immigrant zealot Kris Kobach, with whom he plans to campaign on Monday.

Meanwhile, in Florida Romney is running Spanish-language television ads and touting the endorsement of a trio of Cuban-American policymakers. All three are prominent supporters of comprehensive immigration reform and champions of the DREAM Act -- a measure Romney recently pledged to veto as president.

Frank Sharry, executive director of America's Voice, calls Governor Romney out:

"In South Carolina, he campaigns with the architect of the Arizona and Alabama anti-immigrant law and pledges to slam the doors of opportunity on Latino immigrants. In Florida he campaigns with the Hispanic lawmakers who support immigration reform and promises to open the doors of opportunity in Spanish language ads. Who does he think he is fooling? Certainly not Latino voters who care about immigration reform. His radical views in favor of mass deportation and his promise to veto the DREAM Act have already branded him as anti-immigrant and anti-Latino. Given that the GOP nominee will need at least 40% of the Hispanic vote to win in key swing states, that brand arguably represents the biggest threat on the horizon to his presidential aspirations."

Romney's two-faced approach to South Carolina and Florida and his overall embrace of hardline immigration positions have been condemned by voices across the political spectrum, including:

Eliseo Medina: Appearing on MSNBC yesterday, Medina, the international secretary treasurer of SEIU, said:

"Latinos are bilingual. We speak English and we speak Spanish, and we're paying very close attention... Mitt Romney has said he is enthusiastic and he is very proud to have Kris Kobach's support. On the same day he did this, he released his first Spanish-speaking commercial in Florida. He's talking one thing in English and saying another thing in Spanish. I think that people are paying attention. They know that anti-immigrant record speaks to who he is and what he stands for. And I think Latino voters are too smart to be fooled."
    Conservative columnist Ruben Navarette: Highlighting the revelations that Romney has family roots in Mexico, the syndicated columnist wrote:

"So the candidate who winds up vilifying Mexico is the same one whose father was born in Mexico? Who can make sense of this? Listen up, Primo Mitt. You've made your bed. You're persona non grata with Latino voters, and it's your own fault. You can't win without them, but they can help make sure you lose. We don't care where your family's from. What matters is where your heart is."
    Newt Gingrich: During an appearance in Miami yesterday, fellow GOP presidential contender Newt Gingrich blasted the Romney approach to immigration that he has trumpeted in South Carolina and avoided highlighting in Florida, stating:

"I don't understand his position unless he was just pandering to hardliners...I was very surprised when Gov. Romney indicated he would deport everybody. I hope somebody down here would ask him: Is he envisioning breaking up families? Is he envisioning that it doesn't matter that someone's been here 25 years and has grandchildren?"
    Somos Republicans: The "largest Hispanic Republican grassroots organization in the nation," issued an action alert, which read:

"We are asking our members to call Representatives Ros-Lehtinen and Diaz-Balart to express Latino Republican outrage at their betrayal of the Latino community at large, by their support of Mitt Romney, the most anti-immigrant Republican presidential candidate. Latinos are solidarian with Cuban Americans and the Amnesty policy towards them, and we expect reciprocity in their support for a reasonable and decent treatment of the current wave of immigrants. The current state of affairs denigrates all Latinos, including Cuban-Americans. Mitt Romney is on record for wanting to deport our equivalents of "Elian Gonzalez" and he stated he would veto the DREAM Act."
    Ambassador Luis Lauredo (former U.S. Ambassador to the Organization of American States):

"Mitt Romney's last-ditch attempt to win over Latinos is a deplorable effort to cover up the assault he has mounted on Hispanic families during his campaign. Just days ago, Mitt Romney promised to veto the DREAM Act if he were president, and said DREAM Act students are merely looking for a handout. Today, Romney flaunted the support of the architect of the most extreme, anti-immigrant state immigration laws, further proving he just does not understand Hispanic families and the plight that some of our relatives endure. This ad is clearly intended to misguide our community. If the South Florida representatives in the video expect to preserve any credibility with the Latino community and immigrant families, they will call on Romney to renounce Kobach's support, and to embrace an agenda that is right for our families."
    Again, as Frank asked: Who does Romney think he's fooling? Lest he forget, we Latinos speak English too.

Adam Luna: Mitt Romney for President: Two States, Two Languages, Two Faces
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Luna, Sharry, and Navarette come on, well at least they're easier on him then you guys!

Do I get a foul shot?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast