Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dxd
    Darlene,
    I remember Bush's comments on the Constitution. And you are right, their goal is to eliminate the midddle class and erase our borders, but I am not going to be duped into helping them acclomplish that goal.

pheonixashes,
    I totally agree with your words of wisdom that:
    Because ANY president (Dem or Rep) can win this war in a few days if he ,or she, turned to the Pentagon . And said , "You have the green light, Do what has to be done. Consult me only if you want to drop "the Bomb."

On the other hand Bush with a republican congress has gotten pretty much whatever he wants.
    He didn't want much, then, did he? I haven't seen one productive or even one positive thing come from the last five years, have you?

I have been registered as a republican all my voting years. There was a time when I would no more have voted for a Democrat than I'd have voted for a Communist. Now, Democrats and Republicans alike are cut out of the same cloth. One lies and the other swears to it.

It shouldn't be that the person who spends the most on the campaign wins, it should be the one who gets the most votes wins. And I don't care anymore what ticket they are running on. I care about voting records of incumbents (and few have one that is even close to acceptable to me!) and integrity.

My most important issue, like pretty much everyone here, revolves around illegal immigration and putting a stop to it. I'm not a one issue voter but that particular issue encompasses many of the other issues that are important to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dxd
    JuniusJnr,
    RE:He didn't want much, then, did he? I haven't seen one productive or even one positive thing come from the last five years, have you?

I agree with you that I haven't seen one positive thing either. But he did get billions of dollars for Iraq from congress. He did get a prescripton drug plan that no one likes. He did get the Patriot Act which some hard core conservative patriots like Bob Barr and Bruce Wein oppose. And remember his stealth move to get 245i through the house. It was stopped in the Senate by Senator Byrd. He has never vetoed a bill because he usually gets what he wants. Unfortunately for us what he wants is not a positive thing for the American people.

Even if Pelosi became Speaker of the House and Bush was impeached, Pelosi would not become President, Cheney would be President. Pelosi would not even become VP.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12