Quote Originally Posted by Elpena
i saw a part of your interview in CNN and i just want to let you know that not everything you said is true. U.S.A. is a multicultural country. People need each other. Mexicans are needed. who will do the work done by all of the hispanic men and women in this country? whites are also immigrants, did you know that? your great-grandpa was an immigrant, did you know that? this was nobodies land. people come here looking for better opportunities like everybody else, what you guys are doing is not right. someday your life might depend on an illegal immigrant or maybe in your next life you will be an immigrant trying to cross the border and who knows you might die while trying. It is true that there is a lot of Mexicans that commit crimes but not all hispanics are bad.

you guys are all wrong. it is ok to deport the illegal immigrants who have commited felonies, but can't you think about the people who have worked under the shadow of a bad reputation. Not all mexicans or hispanics are bad. There is people working here for a better life. EVERYBODY in this country whether white or hispanic is an illegal immigrant. For example, whites left Europe because they were in search of a better life. Also, there were a lot of "white" criminals from europe that came to the U.S.A. because they were running away or looking for a new beginning. Everybody is or was on the same page. I was borned in California, but that don't matter. If you are reading this and you are saying this guy is wrong, i bet that your great great or great-grandpa was from germany or somewhere from Europe. They were illegal immigrants TOO. Its not somebodies fault that they werent borned in a place full of opportunities.
And Mexico and other Latin American countries are ALSO made up of immigrants from different countries in addition to their indigenous populations. And yet they all enforce their immigration laws. What is the difference between them and the U.S.?

We are a nation of laws; we are a sovereign nation. Just because we have historically welcomed immigrants does not mean that anyone can just wonder in here without going through the legal process!

The issue IS NOT "immigration." It is ILLEGAL immigration and does the U.S., as a sovereign nation, have a right to enforce its immigration law as EVERY OTHER COUNTRY in the world, including those "nations of immigrants" South of the border.