Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    *Sigh* As usual, I do not know what is going on. But maybe in this case, it was a good thing for me.

Ex_OC <NOT on the list -- phew!
    Indeed - replace "Ex_OC" with my name and you have my sentiments exactly.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Okay, I'll disengage as well. I apologize for any trouble I caused.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

BTT
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Sooner or later, we will all have to unite under the same candidate if a Repbublican is to win. I know that will not be easy, but we must.
    I am so willing to go with the majority at ALIPAC only, during the primaries. How can we set up a way for everyone to come to an agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by bordersoldier
    Sooner or later, we will all have to unite under the same candidate if a Repbublican is to win. I know that will not be easy, but we must.
    I am so willing to go with the majority at ALIPAC only, during the primaries. How can we set up a way for everyone to come to an agreement.
    This is what I asked everyone yesterday and then the thread was pulled. Ain't heard why it was pulled. Everyone was up for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa
    Quote Originally Posted by bordersoldier
    This is what I asked everyone yesterday and then the thread was pulled. Ain't heard why it was pulled. Everyone was up for the idea.
    I think William has said (Please correct me if I am wrong) that he does not want us to endorse any presidential candidate. Instead he is going for the list of candidates we should be working Against.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[Quote]

I think William has said (Please correct me if I am wrong) that he does not want us to endorse any presidential candidate. Instead he is going for the list of candidates we should be working Against.

[End Quote]

I have to say the above a very good and more fruitful approach.

Typically what happens when people try to focus on who to endorse are the following despite promises within a thread:

1. The boogeyman argument: "Vote for principle instead of the electable and you'll get Hillary for president."

[This one pisses alot of people off - it smacks of condenscension and belittling...]

2. The parting shot positive statement: "I like so and so and will vote for him, can't understand why anyone here would vote for the other..."

[As if it is so hard to put a "." after "him" and be done with it.]

If you think about it, by identifying and acting against a list of those NOT TO VOTE FOR, your goal becomes that of pushing up the valued candidates by way of chipping away at the base of those we don't want. Act against the bad apples, the good apples will rise in the barrel.

Now some will argue that we'll end up with 2 or 3 that we get split up anyway. So what's the point?

This is where I quote Rush when he says, "A little history folks...".

Interesting thing about national conventions and elections is that near the end the few that are left in each party more often than not strike deals or pair up and settle it for us.

We may lose the battle in the end following Williams suggestion...but ultimately we win the war.

=
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

Sounds logical. Thanks for the post.

April
    Bttt

Frankly, I'm just tired of the phrase "not electable". Every time someone says that about a candidate it makes it so. Common sense would suggest that you weigh a candidate's record against what he is currently endorsing and if you find balance there and agree with his stated principles then give him support.

All the calculating and political maneuvering works to defeat the system which was originally designed to be a democratic process where citizens simply voted for the best man and he won. Granted, the electoral college is a fraud and we need to decide by the popular vote instead, but when you fall victim to the "lesser of the evils" mentality all you end up with is just that; evil. I'll be voting for who I believe to be the best man for the job when it comes time to vote, and there is a lot to be revealed in the interim. If it turns out that the democratic process lands Satan himself in the driver's seat, then that says volumes about my country and countrymen but it doesn't compromise my integrity or my faith one iota.
    Meanwhile, let's continue to reveal the "bad apples" for what they are, lay the "sour grapes" to the side, and let the "cream rise to the top"!

(Pardon all the farmboy analogy but as Popeye said, "I yam what I yam"! )

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast