Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

called both my loser co-sponsoring senators (lugar and Bayh) this morning.
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

Here's a letter that utilizes some of ALIPAC's previous information to use, if you're looking for something quick to e-mail or fax to the Senators:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Senator __________:

I request a NO vote on Senator Durbin's Amendment (number SA 2919) to attach the "Bad" Dream Act to the National Defense Authorization Act! The Bad Dream Act is AMNESTY! How dare Senator Durbin try to replace American kids in the limited seats in College and make us taxpayers foot most of the costs!

Don't be fooled by Senator Durbin’s late attempt to polish up this Nightmare Act. Putting lipstick on a pig doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a pig. Only two minor changes have been made:
    (1) Sets age limit for amnesty. Now illegal aliens must be under 30 years old to qualify. However, there is still a "humanitarian" and "family unity" waiver that can be granted by DHS.
    (2) Removes the in-state college tuition section. However, aliens who get the amnesty will become legal residents and therefore will be automatically eligible for in-state tuition anyway.

This is a massive amnesty being sold as a minor amnesty for illegal alien children. These children, once given green cards will sponsor massive chain migration of family members and relatives to the U.S. Even their lawbreaking parents, who broke into the U.S. illegally, will be given green cards. Don’t you realize that rewarding illegal behavior begets more of the same?

Additionally, the application process for this amnesty is a terrorist DREAM Act because of the avenue for massive fraud it opens up. The DHS has come out in opposition to this amendment because of this open avenue.

Furthermore, the Bad Dream/Nightmare Amendment is "NOT GERMANE" to the National Defense Bill. The Senate and Congress have a rule that amendments should be germane or relevant to the bill being discussed. Obviously, Amnesty and in-state tuition for illegal aliens has NOTHING TO DO WITH DEFENSE SPENDING! This Amendment violates the rules of the Senate!

I also want a vote against any increases in VISA's! No increases in visas, until illegal immigration in America is stopped and the illegal aliens that are criminally here leave on their own accord or are deported!

Here are a few questions I hope you can answer, Senator: When is Congress going to put the American citizen and the American worker first and foremost? When will Congress stop trying to find back door, secretive and sneaky ways to provide amnesty to illegal aliens? When will Congress stop pandering to foreign nationals, foreign workers and foreign governments?

Americans are beginning to wonder what benefits accrue to being a U.S. citizen when illegal aliens and their offspring are treated better than law-abiding citizens are. As you know, the recent Zogby Poll shows an approval rating for Congress of 11%. Do you wonder why, Senator? If you don’t know, then you need to find another line of work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just called Senator Hutchinson's (R-TX) Dallas office to voice my opposition to the DREAM act. Her aide said she still has not decided on her vote.

Then I spoke to Senator Corwyn's (R-TX) D.C. office, where his assistant said he has not decided on her vote. However, he is fully opposed to this being tacked on to the Defense bill and would rather see it as a stand-alone act. So hopefully he'll vote no since we know that it's going to stay tacked onto the defense bill.

TexasGal

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGal
    I just called Senator Hutchinson's (R-TX) Dallas office to voice my opposition to the DREAM act. Her aide said she still has not decided on her vote.

Then I spoke to Senator Corwyn's (R-TX) D.C. office, where his assistant said he has not decided on her vote. However, he is fully opposed to this being tacked on to the Defense bill and would rather see it as a stand-alone act. So hopefully he'll vote no since we know that it's going to stay tacked onto the defense bill.

TexasGal
    I think that is key, that this bill is not "germane". Even if one agrees with the DreamAct, how can they in good conscience vote for it when it is being snuck in there?
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

I'm on it. Sen. Hutchison's office told me she wants a clean defense bill passed quickly to fund troops without Dream Act attached to it, but still no formal position.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I'm on it. Sen. Hutchison's office told me she wants a clean defense bill passed quickly to fund troops without Dream Act attached to it, but still no formal position.
    Well we we just have to keep pushing Sen.Hutchinson.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Remember, the pro-amnesty forces have been lobbying -- so let's keep those calls flowing in. Here are two points from NumbersUSA to rebut Durbin's minor changes to the Dream Act amnesty:

Our legislative staff (the best on Capitol Hill) has looked over the "DREAM Act 2.0" and determined that only two changes have been made:

(1) Sets age limit for amnesty. Now illegal aliens must be under 30 years old to qualify. However, there is still a "humanitarian" and "family unity" waiver that can be granted by DHS.

(2) Removes the in-state college tuition section. However, aliens who get the amnesty will become legal residents and therefore will be automatically eligible for in-state tuition anyway.

Great work team!

Keep it up!

If we can delay this, the chances we can beat it increase because more Americans will find out and have a chance to respond in the negative on these measures.

I just finished my fourth talk radio show for the day and hope to work in one more before it gets too late today.

W

William...I caught the one show posted yesterday...I really get fired up...when I hear them....please list any future shows....and if missed the post ...I apologized....I get lost a lot ...someone just point the way
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Here are my notes from Rosemary Jenks (an attorney from NumbersUSA) who was on the John & Ken Show today (9/20), on the current status of the Dream Act (as of late afternoon, Thursday). Others who listened, please chime in:

They were advised by Senate leadership late today (9/20) there will not be a vote on the Dream Act amendment tomorrow, Friday. The vote could come next week, and Rosemary said the more this drags out, the better for our side. The Senate is feeling the heat, which is good for those who oppose the Dream Act amnesty. [But we can't let up-- SO EVERYONE, KEEP CALLING]

Durbin has filed the amendment, but hasn't brought it up for debate.

She said the Defense Department has been calling members of Congress to lobby for the Dream Act as a pool of potential recruits. A big caveat is that this applies to "uniformed" services as well, which means, for example, the NOAA, not just the Army, Air Force etc.

Also, Durbin's current Dream Act, which is much more liberal than past versions, has waivers (loopholes) weaved throughout it, such as waivers would be available for the age 30 supposed age limit, for residency, for the two years of school etc.

The Dream Act would specifically allow the recepients to sponsor their parents, and after they received citizenship, they would be able to sponsor (bring in) siblings etc. So this would enable huge chain migration.

Regarding Lindsey Graham's quote in the Washington Times today where he basically said he could vote for the Dream Act and wants to wait and see; Rosemary said Graham's office called NumbersUSA and said he would oppose it. John and Ken believe Graham told NumbersUSA he would oppose Dream Act to forestall a barrage of phone calls.

Rosemary said they have told Senate offices they will put them on their "NO" list if they say they will oppose and vote no on the Dream Act with no caveats.

-----
    SO KEEP UP YOUR HARD WORK EVERYONE! We should fill up their voice mail boxes tonight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast