Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AyatollahG:

I don't believe the Neo-cons are able to back out of this plan,

There is far too much at stake for them. The investment is extremely high and the losses would not be acceptable to them. They are still playing this game with our money, but their future is dependent upon it. I doubt they have a back up plan, and the absence of one would indicate their willingness to win at all costs. I think we will see the stops pulled out in the way of some more senators abstaining from the votes, or even some that vote under some mysterious circumstances.
    Well said, well said. I would only add - that the non NeoCons (the mainstream Dems for the most part) are in a similar predicament with respect to the 'ethnic lobby' and their pandering as well.

C'mon senators, we need you to stand up and do what is right for the country - regardless of special interest groups and corporate lobbyists.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tinybobidaho wrote:

Well, Tiredofapathy, I like your letter, unfortunately most newspapers only allow 200 to 300 words per letter and usually the rule is, you get to submit one a month.
    True enough Bob, but the editor can respond by having the writer do a follow-up article. That's why I also forwarded the email to the staff writer!

Quote Originally Posted by SamLowrey
    We need force multipliers. I contacted the AARP. This is what I got:

Thank you for contacting AARP. We appreciate hearing from you
    regarding Comprehensive Immigration Bill.

We encourage all of our members to keep us informed of their
    interests and concerns. Feedback like yours help us stay aware of
    the issues that face AARP members and, in turn, allow us to provide
    information and services to meet the changing needs of older adults.
    We have shared your input with the Executive Office. They are always
    interested in our members have to say.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write and hope that you will
    continue to keep AARP informed of your views and concerns.

We sincerely thank you again for getting in touch with us.

Edwin
    Member Communications
    Member@aarp.org
    My question was outlining how this was going to destroy Social Security. I don't see how they can sit on the sidelines on this issue.

Environmental groups - illegal immigration is causing urban sprawl

NRA? I wonder what a bunch of lawless illegals using firearms will do to the defense of personal gun ownership?
    Hello, SamLowrey. Please google AARP+La Raza to find the answer to your question.

Bush's Georgia "speech" was the MOST duplicitous and desperate pile of snake oil that has ever been perpetrated on the American public!

I couldn't get beyond his comment that "[the Bill] will grant
    T E M P O R A R Y legal status to Millions of UNLAWFUL IMMIGRANTS"!!!!

He is, of course, referring to the probationary Z-Visas...which will grant IMMEDIATE PERMANENT LEGAL STATUS for the criminals!!!!!!!!

MILLIONS of uninformed citizens were listening to this LIE!!!!

I wanted to shout back at him...THIS IS AMNESTY!!!!!

When I make my daily calls, I tell the person on the other end that "We do not want AMNESTY"....and the standard reply is "This is NOT AMNESTY! And then I have to read the ZVisa clause from the legislation to them. Then they play dumb and say they will "check into it".

We don't have to read any further than the Z-Visas...everything else is just noise!

Sidelines: I have been starting conversations re amnesty with many of the hispanics that I come into contact with daily....they are dancing in the streets because they think they will be able to bring their relatives here permanently by the fourth of July! And definitely before school starts in Sept.!

Have also heard talk about the Middle Easterners who are planning to use the Canadian border to get their Z-Visas!!!

Our fate is with the House and they better be afraid of losing their jobs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe

Our fate is with the House and they better be afraid of losing their jobs!!!!
    Yup, the House can save us and if they do they will be rewarded with more years in Congress. The Senate has already shown its true colors, come 08, the firing process will begin.

I cannot believe how many Senators whose job is on the line in 08 are supporting this scamnesty. This issue is important enough people won't forget when election time rolls around...and if they do forget I will be there to remind them!!!

We need a new "Accountability in 2008" campaign to fire the legislators that ignore the will of the people!

Miss America getting booed by the Mexicans and a bird taking a crap on Bush did not help the pro amnesty forces very much.
    W, was that a Bald Eagle that dumped on Bush Pile? Mighty fittin if it was!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I am feeling a bit out of the loop, what is this I keep hearing about the Mexicans booing Miss America and a bird be-fouling Bush? Should there be a video on You-Tube?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

Miss Japan Riyo Mori, who went on to win the crown, opened her interview with "Hola Mexico!" to cheers and claps. Her personal trainer, Ines Ligron, said she had warned Mori about the importance of speaking in Spanish to win over the crowd.

Even an opening "hola" might not have helped Smith, who faced long odds for simply being a gringa.
    Funny isn't it, that it is SOOO important for them to hear everything in Spanish, in their country, but when we want English only in our country, then we're racists!!!!!

The newspaper said that when the show went to a commercial break, an NBC representative warned the audience of 9,000 to behave because "this gives the world a bad image of Mexico."
    I think we already have a bad image of Mexico and many of it's people for their biased stance on favoritism toward their own in regards to illegal immigration, and the governments corruption. Don't think NBC will be able to help Mexico with their PR issues anytime soon!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BILL EXPOSURE

A major problem in America, is the misinformation received from the MSM. Many Americans are not outraged and/or are sympathetic to the illegals, simply because they are ignorant to the facts of this dangerous bill. They are being fed lies, and we need to counter those lies with the truth.
    The question is... how do we expose taxpaying legal citizens of this country who do not have internet access? How do we reach them?

They are being told: the bill is not amnesty because the illegals must pay a fine. What they are not being told: in all probability, the fine will never be paid.

They are being told: the head of household must return home prior to becoming eligible for 'a path to citizenship.' What they are not being told: they will receive the Z Visa almost immediately, which will entitle them to receive a valid social security card. Returning home, I don't think so.

They are being told: all illegals must have a background check. What they are not being told: the background check must be completed within 24 hours. Of course, this is impossible. They are also not being told: if the background check is not done within 24 hours, the illegal will receive a Z Visa.

The information the public is receiving is designed to deceive, not to inform. We must highlight all of the loopholes in this travesty of a bill. We must ensure that the general public is well versed on this bill.

Once the truth has replaced the lies, I believe we will see unprecedented opposition to this bill. How do we accomplish this?

Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    How do we accomplish this?
    The most far-reaching and effective ways are expensive, for example, billboards or radio/TV ads. (Too bad most of the big funding bucks are on the pro-amnesty side.)

Duh
    Duh

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast