Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here it is William....

MCCAIN: No, it would not, because we know what the situation is today. The people want the border secured first. And so to say that that would come to the floor of the Senate -- it won't. We went through various amendments which prevented that ever -- that proposal.
    But, look, we're all in agreement as to what we need to do. Everybody knows it. We can fight some more about it, about who wanted this or who wanted that. But the fact is, we all know the American people want the border secured first.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Re: WILLIAM: Something McCain said tonight that disturbs me

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Friends,

I watched the CNN debates tonight and something specific really caught my ear. It is repeating in my mind now. I want to watch this part again to analyze McCain's body language and intonation.

Romney was attacking McCain's immigration bill with Kennedy.

McCain said something, in a certain kind of way that sounded like "Come on, you know in truth we all want the same thing."

To paraphrase, McCain openly acknowledged that each candidate on the stage was truly supporting the same immigration plan that he got caught out in the open with. I could be wrong, I need to see it again.

Can anyone help me find this clip online? I'm up late doing paperwork that is due tomorrow.

W
    I think McCain was simply trying to give the false impression that there was no significant difference between his position on immigration and the positions of his opponents. He was attempting to camouflage the fact that his position was much different from that of his opponents.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Its a Liberal jab tactic. The same cheap tactic he used the other night about Romey setting a time table for Iraq withdrawal which was a lie...Mc Cain is very liberal in his voting record yet claims to be a conservative. . this is why the left wing media loves him to go against Hitlerry.. a fallback candidate for Democrats.

I think I've heard McCain try to pull that type of thing at other times. He likes to put words into people's mouths, to cover up his own errors from the past.

I think I've even heard him do that in reference to the American people, like....."we all want the same thing".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Be careful: John McCain always spouts people want to "secure the borders first" implying clearly IMO that after the border is defined as "secure" (and we know how political this would be) he will push amnesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    I think McCain wanted to project the illusion that they ALL wanted
    border security

We know that isn't on his agenda
    agreed

Banned
    Sounds like Mr. John McCain is learnin as he goes, and we the American people are teachin him what to say !

McCain keeps saying that the American people want the borders secured first, but doesn't finish what Americans want next which to enforse the exhisting laws, deport the illegals, and not give them rewards for breaking the laws.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot
    McCain keeps saying that the American people want the borders secured first, but doesn't finish what Americans want next which to enforse the exhisting laws, deport the illegals, and not give them rewards for breaking the laws.
    Ya I hear him say all the time, "we all Know what is needed", but he never says just "whatâ€

Talk about obfuscation!

He really put his foot in it on Meet the Press; and he didn't cover it up much better last night.

He CANNOT answer a question with a 'straight' answer...so much for his staight talk. He could not answer YES or NO!

First of all, his snarly, nasty, manner is oh so disturbing! All he can spit out is...the American people want border security...duh! And when he said "I am from a border State...and I know what do to"...then why in the heck hasn't he done something??? Puleeeze!!!!

Romney has all the ammunition to rebut McCain...but his delivery is just too weak! It should have been a TKO last nite!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123