Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wisconsin Democrats all refuse to attend Senate .

This is what we are up aginst, illegal acts by elected officals.

The democrats did this same thing in Texas the last redistricting came up.
    When they knew the vote would not be to their liking they all fled to New Mexico where that D Gov. Richardson protected them from Texas Rangers who attempted to make them come back and do their duty.

See http://www.drudgereport.com

We will have to stand up to illegals and illegal acts by our elected repersenatives.

Banned

I just saw this on Megan Kelly. UNBELIEVEABLE!!! What has our once great country come to?

I just saw the interviews with the students these teachers dragged from school and brought to the rally. They didn't know why they were there. They didn't know if they were supporting or opposing the proposal. If I were a parent in Wisconsin, I would demand these teachers pay back their salaries 'cause they're not doing their jobs.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's the story from the link:

Dems missing from Wis. Capitol ahead of union vote
    By SCOTT BAUER, Associated Press Scott Bauer, Associated Press
    10 mins ago

.MADISON, Wis. – Police officers were dispatched Thursday to find Wisconsin state lawmakers who had apparently boycotted a vote on a sweeping bill that would strip most government workers of their collective bargaining rights.

The lawmakers, all Democrats in the state Senate, did not show up when they were ordered to attend a midday vote on the legislation.

The proposal has been the focus of intense protests at the Statehouse for three days. As Republicans tried to begin Senate business Thursday, observers in the gallery screamed "Freedom! Democracy! Unions!"

Republicans hold a 19-14 majority, but they need at least one Democrat to be present before taking a vote on the bill.

"Today they checked out, and I'm not sure where they're at," Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said. "This is the ultimate shutdown, what we're seeing today."

Democratic Minority Leader Mark Miller released a statement on behalf of all Democrats urging Gov. Scott Walker and Republicans to listen to opponents of the measure and seek a compromise. His statement did not address where Democrats were or when they planned to return.

Bill opponents in the Senate gallery cheered when Senate President Mike Ellis announced that there were not enough senators present to proceed.

The bill came to the Senate after the Legislature's budget committee endorsed it just before midnight Wednesday.

Walker and Republican leaders have said they have the votes to pass the plan.

That didn't stop thousands of protesters from clogging the hallway outside the Senate chamber beating on drums, holding signs deriding Walker and pleading for lawmakers to kill the bill. Protesters also demonstrated outside the homes of some lawmakers.

Hundreds of teachers called in sick, forcing a number of school districts to cancel classes. Madison schools, the state's second-largest district with 24,000 students, closed for a second day as teachers poured into the Capitol.

Hundreds more people, many of them students from the nearby University of Wisconsin, slept in the rotunda for a second night.

"We are all willing to come to the table, we've have all been willing from day one," said Madison teacher Rita Miller. "But you can't take A, B, C, D and everything we've worked for in one fell swoop."

The head of the 98,000-member statewide teachers union called on all Wisconsin residents to come to the Capitol on Thursday for the votes in the Senate and Assembly.

"Our goal is not to close schools, but instead to remain vigilant in our efforts to be heard," said Wisconsin Education Association Council President Mary Bell.

The proposal marks a dramatic shift for Wisconsin, which passed a comprehensive collective bargaining law in 1959 and was the birthplace of the national union representing all non-federal public employees.

But so far, Democrats have been powerless to stop the bill.

"The story around the world is the rush to democracy," said Democratic Sen. Bob Jauch of Poplar. "The story in Wisconsin is the end of the democratic process."

In addition to eliminating collective bargaining rights, the legislation also would make public workers pay half the costs of their pensions and at least 12.6 percent of their health care coverage — increases Walker calls "modest" compared with those in the private sector.

Republican leaders said they expected Wisconsin residents would be pleased with the savings the bill would achieve — $30 million by July 1 and $300 million over the next two years to address a $3.6 billion budget shortfall.

"I think the taxpayers will support this idea," Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said.

Wisconsin has long been a bastion for workers' rights. It was the first state to grant collective bargaining rights to public employees more than a half-century ago. And the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees was founded in 1936 in Madison.

But when voters elected Walker, an outspoken conservative, along with GOP majorities in both legislative chambers, it set the stage for a dramatic reversal of the state's labor history.

Under Walker's plan, state employees' share of pension and health care costs would go up by an average of 8 percent.

Unions still could represent workers, but could not seek pay increases above those pegged to the Consumer Price Index unless approved by a public referendum. Unions also could not force employees to pay dues and would have to hold annual votes to stay organized.

In exchange for bearing more costs and losing bargaining leverage, public employees were promised no furloughs or layoffs. Walker has threatened to order layoffs of up to 6,000 state workers if the measure does not pass.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110217/ap_ ... get_unions

I just saw the interviews with the students these teachers dragged from school and brought to the rally. They didn't know why they were there. They didn't know if they were supporting or opposing the proposal. If I were a parent in Wisconsin, I would demand these teachers pay back their salaries 'cause they're not doing their jobs.

I have to agree..the dumbing down of our children is what they are doing...We need to get rid of the Dept of Education and keep our funds in our own State and district,as well as get back to the basics.. Why should each State have to beg the federal government for some of their own tax dollars back...It is all about thievery of our tax dollars..Dept of Education...bull... it has nothing to do with education...

If they took my child out of the school and did not have my permission, I would demand they get fired. There are plenty of qualified unemployed people out there. Our children do not get the same quality of education we got and there is a big problem in this Country about all that.....I believe these kids learn better with home schooling than they do in these so called schools by teachers that either don't care and can't teach, and worst of all can't get fired because they are protected by unions that care only about the dues...

Kathyet

Teachers canceling school to protest?

Protesting with many signs saying, "what about the children"? "The Children will suffer". Are they worried about the children in the near future that will be saddled with huge debt and a very poor quality of life? If we are to fix this country we have to finally do this or it gets harder and maybe impossible "later". We can't keep putting it off, but these people cry to fix this country, as long as it isn't them.

Re: Teachers canceling school to protest?

Quote Originally Posted by cpz9
    Protesting with many signs saying, "what about the children"? "The Children will suffer". Are they worried about the children in the near future that will be saddled with huge debt and a very poor quality of life? If we are to fix this country we have to finally do this or it gets harder and maybe impossible "later". We can't keep putting it off, but these people cry to fix this country, as long as it isn't them.
    So what about the poor children who have no school today because their teachers are faking a sick day?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Teachers canceling school to protest?

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Quote Originally Posted by cpz9
    So what about the poor children who have no school today because their teachers are faking a sick day?

And what about the US children that are shoved aside because there are too many non English students in the class and can't learn because of it who is paying for that???? Your Unions?

Get real who's children are they all worried about, it is only ours when they need something.....It seems to me it is the illegals they cater too, they just shove our children aside. I wonder if they realize it is their own as well you know what they say what flows down hill? American or the illegals, Illegal or American I quess they prefer blood suckers....Well they made their choice now they are crying to us???? Cry to the ones using our tax dollars instead. That should go over real well in this economy don't you think? Now who did you say your worried about again, who's children???? How about being worried about your Country instead!!!

No sympathy from me. Too many of them, (not all) don't do the job they were hired to do in the first place.

Kathyet

Watching Fox News now. The caption says police are hunting down these democrats ordered to appear for today's vote... hope they fine and jail all of them!

Heard earlier that someone said or there was a sign saying "welcome to Cairo".

All these people want a pass from doing what the rest of us have to do - tightening the belts. Some protestors have been arrested...

Saying now there seems to be a lot of backlash against the supporters of the public unions...
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by forest
    Watching Fox News now. The caption says police are hunting down these democrats ordered to appear for today's vote... hope they fine and jail all of them!
    In 2003, Texas sent the state police after 50 House Democrats who ran off to Ardmore, Oklahoma.

Dixie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast