Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yard Work

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I love living in the Pittsburgh suburbs. Everyone here cuts their own grass. On weekends you walk outside and every neighbor is doing their own yardwork I have always worked part-time to be home when the kids get home from school. We always struggle to make ends meet, but it is well worth it!

Nothing like the smell of fresh mowed grass.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Sorry bearpaw,

I disagree. When I take freshly baked bread out of the oven! Ahhh, and it's bread that I made from scratch, even kneaded it myself! I know, I know, I did a job Americans won't do.....sorry!!!!

And even more importantly, there's nothing like a secure USA in which Americans and LEGAL immigrants can live in freedom and peace.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

WeLcOmE AlturaCt!!!!
    Thanks! Glad to see so many supporters of America here!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Family becoming aware

I just had a conversation with my youngest daughter that I must share.
    Throughout this site, periodically, posters bring up the frustration of being unable to get family/friends to become aware.

Like you, when I first became aware, I started emailing family/friends with article after article with very disappointing results. Very few people responded, much less positively. This daughter didn't say "stop" but NEVER brought up this issue.

So I stopped for a while. I had sent factual articles with proof or links to proof that covered all the range of problems. Now it was up to her. I did not want to drive her away.

She was telling me that her lawn guy (an AMERICAN) had said that one of his clients who happens to be a celebrity out in Seattle, had said that he hadn't been paid for 2 months by the celebrity. And that the celebrity should PAY the American.

First of all, that she said "AMERICAN" surprised me. Then she said that at least her lawn guy, has a home, with family, hires AMERICANS, pays taxes, obeys the law, and "DOESN'T SEND $20 BILLION DOLLARS TO MEXICO EACH YEAR, NOT HELPING OUR COUNTRY'S ECONOMY".

SHE brought it up, she did the reading (which I wasn't sure she did), and she gets it!!!

I know we'll talk more about it now, and even more, when I get to Seattle. There's actually joy in my heart, cause I won't be on the look out just by myself (in family)out there. She's the daughter with my grandson. She's the daughter that speaks 4 languages.

HE'S MY REASON! And probably, hers!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

curiouspat,

Sorry bearpaw,

I disagree. When I take freshly baked bread out of the oven! Ahhh, and it's bread that I made from scratch, even kneaded it myself! I know, I know, I did a job Americans won't do.....sorry!!!!
    Ok, ok, I agree freshly baked bread does have a way of bringing someone to their knees. That and a freshly baked hot apple pie...a job only an American would do. I mean who else would know better how to bake an apple pie
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

I walk around Town Lake and I Kayak for cardiovascular exercise so I decided it was silly to pay someone to mow my lawn especially an illegal. It's not fun but I work up a sweat and save money too.

I should be ashamed, I repair the equipment for the work Americans don`t do.
    MAMIE : Tell the boy I`ll provide him with a lawn Tractor.
    ------------------------

mkfarnam

I should be ashamed, I repair the equipment for the work Americans don`t do.
    Oh no, you DON'T do that, do you?
    TIME'S UP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    . I hate house cleaning. I don't hate it enough to allow an illegal to roam around in my house, while they clean it.
    Dixie
    Ditto on both counts.
    On the other hand, if I could get a job mowing someone's lawn, I'd love it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast