Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

But I think as a sovereign nation, we can withdrawal anytime we want to and then impose tariffs as high as we want. Other countries can complain all they want, but because we're a sovereign nation, there's nothing they can do, except retaliate in some way.
    And I think if we did just that, other nations would follow suit. I think most are involved to take advantage of US handouts anyway. I know some say that it has nothing to do with US handouts but doesn't every country with relations to the US follow our lead to gain our misguided benevolence?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I bought my husband some shoes for Christmas, from a Merrill catalog. To my surprise they have a 'U.S. patent, made for Wolverine Worldwide', but MADE IN CHINA! I pictured Merrill as a small Jewish family owned store, because it just sounded like one. I was duped. If I would have known, I would have looked around more for some shoes made in the USA. But, are there any out there?!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, I know WOLVERINE shoes USED to be made in the US because my husband used to wear their boots and wouldn't have bought anything that wasn't made in the US. OF COURSE, that was before CHINA took over the world.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I knew that they missed the chance to get China out of the WTO and none of our elected officials seemed to care that they are supporting Communism at its worst. They sell the organs of their executed prisoners. We don’t even need to go into their human rights violations.

We can still get shoes and other textile products Made in the USA, but it is getting to be a challenge. I am proud when I leave my house wearing All American Made Clothing. http://tinyurl.com/9l59n

It all has to do with supply and demand. If we demand American Made, It will be supplied.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I think you're right, jp, but SO MANY of our textile mills have shut down that it is really gonna be a challenge. I guess we could just buy FEWER clothes and pay more for them.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I understand that, jp--that we didn't sieze the opportunity because someone else has a bigger agenda. Once in awhile I wish they would think about what they are doing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They don’t think about anyone but their own agenda. They know that they are elected to represent the People, but the refuse to do that. They vote and do not seem to care about the Big Picture. It aggravates me to no end. For example, I recently searched for Bath Towels Made in the USA. Here is part of the response I got beck from one Manufacturer.

Unfortunately there are only 2 mills left in the whole US. One is under chapter 13. We used to buy over production and other items from them but now there is almost no supply from them.
    I found the one place to buy towels at retail. Yes they do cost more than those made in Honduras, Mexico or China that I saw at Wal-Mart, but I don’t care. I will also promote them on my web site to help them out a bit. All we can do is to keep demanding that stores carry American Made and ask them to stop or at least limit their imports. It is a challenge, but it is doable.

Buy the way if you want American Made Products or at least linens and such, visit www.BedandBathStore.com and type in Made in the USA in the search box
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234