Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Unless plans change made in China cars built by a Chinese company will be sold in the United States in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by obbop
    Bravo!!!!

Any ideas how to spread the word about buying American?

I fear too few people care but we must try.

I posted awhile back about my two-year search for a toaster Made in the USA. No luck so I just do without.

Every time I walk down an aisle looking at the bottom for the product source I mutter aloud for others to hear about my disgust at only finding foreign-made goods and my refusal to buy them.

I'll do my part, small as it may be.

The sage of old proclaimed the world would not with a bang but with a whimper.

Wonder if that applies to the Founders Great Experiment?
    Besides starting my own Buy American Web site, I tell others aobut web sites like

www.howtobuyamerican.com

and I buy American Whenver possible. I like going without if I cannot find what I want or think I need that is Made in the USA. I complain to the companies and the retailers with whom I shop. If enough oif us do this, I think it will help. Those imported goods are not cheap any longer so why buy them at all? I personally think it my patriotic duty to buy American and I stay away from communist countries and dictatorships and those countries that are part of CAFTA.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

What if the reason they are trying to keep foreign things cheap is so we will be so used to buying from overseas that we won't notice when all the jobs that make these sorts of things have gone there.

Perhaps they are making things not only cheap but crappy to give us a sense of 3rd worldliness so we won't notice when there is nothing of quality to put in our homes.

Isn't that how you boil a frog? You turn up the heat and then as the water gets hotter it doesn't notice it's dying because that's what these people who are in charge are doing. They're killing our country.

Well, I DO notice things like that. Just like now when I noticed the plate I'm eating off of was made in China. Hey, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone really isn't out to get you.

Its hard to get away from 'Made in China'. Anything CHEAP, comes from there. My husband's Christmas party even gave out stupid little door prizes that were made in China. I guess that anything that was once considered CHEAP AND OF POOR QUALITY, is now considered TOP-OF-THE-LINE JUNK BECAUSE OF ITS AFFORDABILITY. Only Wal-Mart knows for sure.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

flip side

Hey Folks; It isn't just us that has the problem. When I naturalized I swore my Oath to a chintzy flag with a gold plastic peeling eagle on top. When it was all over, I just had to go up and look. Go figure. We don't even make our own flags, or the immigration and naturalization service is too cheap to buy one if we do. That's not all they are too cheap to do, as if we didn't know.

The flip side of this, is how flippin easy it is to live a year and buy absolutely NOTHING made in America, except controversy and its free.

What a loserland we've become under bush. Be ashamed, our former allies are blushing their embarrassment at what we have spawned and they bought into (GATT) GACK, because it is happening to them too now. I refer to Europe, esp. Germany where outsourcing the disease from Washington, has sneezed itself onto their economy. People losing good jobs, with benes, and the whole bit. Typhoid MaryCa. Or Marycull.

BRAVO !!!

That was a superbly written article, and I thank YOU and anyone else who is passionate about the invasion of Chinese products.

I would like to add one thing to this subject: Products with NO "country of origin" shown. I spend a considerable time walking through Wal-Mart doing nothing but picking items up just to see where each was manufactured. I am often outraged to find products with NO identification given, and have a notion to begin recording the proper information so that I can pass the information along to my state Senator.

I guess I was surprised (only for a moment) last Easter when I found jellybean products packaged in a plastic toy-like object, and the whole lot was made in China. I'll be #$!$ if I'm going to buy a product like that, let alone a food product from a country where peasant workers are basically the only ones doing most factory work, and handling the food product.

Darn..........here this site is for Illegal Immigration, and I'm writing about China. That's a whole other subject for me, but one that I have very VERY deep and passionate concerns about.

Thanks to our corporate leaders, our government, but most of all: THE AMERICAN CONSUMER who ultimately determines what WILL and WILL NOT be purchased in this country, for it is they who complete the cycle.

Nothing "made in China" would even be on our store shelves unless the consumer gives it a vote of approval by means of a purchase.

Oh....about the blender mentioned in the previous posting? I bought a wonderful Oster blender made in Milwaukee Wisconsin on Ebay for $10. It cost $15 to ship home and had a few years of use on it, but for $25 I was able to buy a blender that I was VERY pleased with, and I still saved some money in the process. It looks and works like a new one and is built very well...........unlike the mostly-plastic junk that Oster makes now......in Mexico !!!

-Bob-

americanbob,
    I couldn’t agree with you more. I would never buy a food product or food container from China. I brought this topic up because it is one of my passions it further demonstrates the demise of our nation through political leaders who seemingly know nothing about a Representational Government for the People and By the People. Those elected leaders allow our jobs to head overseas and allow illegals to literally come in and rob our nation through social programs. The madness must stop.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

The shoe industry left the United States for no good reason at all. We made the best shoes when we were all poor and everyone could afford these American made shoes.

Here's the problem. Volume.

So much volume has gone over seas that when a company in the US tries to make it, their volume is limited so the price per unit remains high.

Bring it all back, then you have the volume what they call "market share" and the increased volume of sales reduces the price per unit.

Shoes may not cost $10, they might cost $15 or $20 or $25. But they'll be great shoes; high quality shoes; shoes you can pass down if you outgrow them before you wear them out; shoes that you can wear with pride instead of worrying that the purchase pushes your country and you just a little closer to the brink of disaster.

Bring it all back, prices will be reasonable; the products high quality; we can all take a deep sigh of relief; and know our economy is intact; our people are working; and our country is safe and secure once again.

It's very simple. We might even save our oceans. Think about all those ships from China stirrng up the waters. You know, ships have air emissions, they are polluters. The sediment from their stacks falls into the ocean and it's toxic. Yep....it's true.

BUY AMERICAN OR DON'T BUY AT ALL!!

This was a great article. JP. Thanks for posting it.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The problem with that, Judy, is SOMETIMES there are things we MUST have and what do you do when something made in America just doesn't exist??? I think obbop had a good idea about eBay. Maybe THAT would be the answer for SOME things. Maybe I could get a REAL coffeemaker!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Hey guys...happy holidays, and looking at this string, I think some more information needs to be revealled on the subject. Ever wonder why China has such access to the USA markets? Well, it isn't because every president from Lydon B to Bush has given "Most favorite nation" status. What most people don't know is what I am about to reveal.

I served in the Military for over 20 years, and during that process, got involved with the budgetary matters (during my senior training tours). What I found out was amazing and disappointing at the same time. Sometime back in the 60's, the military budget had a "rider" attached to it in which we gave money to pay China's import taxes. This practice was not a surprise as many other "rider" add ons were in the budget as well (i.e. farmers subsidies, funding to buy third world countries electronics, etc)...and no one thought anything about it. What amazed me further, was the level of funding applied even back in the late 60's...at that time about $2.5 Million, which in today's dollars is substantial.

While this information is a matter of public record, it is hard to spot, and in most cases, unless you have the exact copy (not the abridged version) of the GAO budget report, you will never spot it. My suggestion would be if you complain to congress to also state that China not be given unfair advantage to our markets....

Just a thought!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast