Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You know what's so great?

Is that after Jorge Bush's lousy stump speech that everyone is covering this issue of illegal immigration. Even the most liberal (invasion friendly) news outlets like Cnn, NBC, AOL, etc are covering this issue and every poll taken by these liberal news outlets have the voters overwhelmingly opposing Bush's horrible amnesty sham. I'm actually surprised that they are even covering this and asking the right questions so far. Is the tide actually turning? I think maybe.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, dman--we MUST give CNN credit for LOU DOBBS. Of ALL of the news channels, Lou definitely gives the most and THE BEST coverage of the border issue. And, he seems to be a real POPULIST. He's still my choice for President in '08. And, I was listening to Hannity last night and I thought HE would see that speech for what it was--amnesty plain and simple--but HE was buying into as well. At least, the part I heard suggested that he was pleased. O'Reilly really didn't seem to be buying it when he was discussing it with Newt Gingrich. But, Fox is gonna White House White Wash it anyway so I didn't expect much there.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

That's why I don't like Sean Hannity. He's nothing, but a Republican boot licker and I get tired of that. He may not be a total blind loyalist, but he's awefully close. I lost total respect for him when I saw him have guys like McCain, Specter and Rove on his show and he acted like he wanted to drink their bath water instead of asking them some tough questions and taking them to task for their dispicable actions. Oreilly is too wishy washy, one day he's on your side and one day he's not. I think his opinions change like the weather. First he's not for the guest worker program, then he is, then he's not again. I'm like make up your mind. He also contradicts himself alot too. That's why I listen to Savage, John and Ken and Lou Dobbs. They shoot straight from the hip and you know your not going to get any double talk from them.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

dman1200, seems to me that all but the politicians in Washington started talking about the border last April when the Minutemen set up camp in Arizona. It just took them awhile to catch up. You know how it is when folks live in a coocoon.

I, too, hope the tide is turning. But I have a feeling it's more idle talk than anything else because they are getting scared about 2006 and 2008. I am sure they will have to come up with some concessions between now and then but I'm not expecting a whole lot unless we keep turning up the heat and keep sticking their feet in it.

You know how if we give the illegals an inch they expect a few miles? Well, the American people are going to have to follow that example and do to the politicians what the illegals have done to this entire nation--whine and cry and squeal and bleat until they can't stand it any more and do something to fix the problem.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actually if we want to THANK anyone for bringing the border and illegal immigration into the spotlight it would be the MINUTEMAN PROJECT.

Dman, the tide started to turn last April when the Minuteman Project took to the borders. EVERYONE across the country near and far KNOWS who they are and just about EVERYONE supports them 100%. (Seriously, with the exception of Bush, Fox and illegals themselves)

They are a great blessing to this country, and I sincerely hope that the next president will give them the recognition that they deserve. We owe them so much, and if Jim Gilchrist could win on December 6th.........you know what ? It will mean that not only has the tide turned...it will mean that in America it is HIGH TIDE.

After we finish with this next part of this battle (amnesty) and holding Bush to his words of securing the borders, we should definitely take time to make a huge list of the people who have done so much for the American people, just for example, Lou Dobbs. There are SO MANY who we owe so much to !! Obviously, it is imperative to say Congressman Tom Tancredo as well. We can only imagine how extremely long this list is going to be when it's all said and done.

Out of this list will come some new elected leaders who respect, believe in and trust in the concept of upholding the laws of our country and in protecting not only the American people, but also what is important to the American people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

talk, talk and more talk......who acts? who is physically arresting and or detaining and removing illegals? a few dedicated border patrol agents and some minutemen volunteers.....YAWN......to me this all goes back to 1991 when I moved to LA from Seattle......saw LA going to all &^%$# and now the rest of the country is having its turn.....Pete Wilson R-CA talked, got elected rightfully, and Washington did nothing then and i think will do nothing now....talk, talk, talk,.............nothing is going to change because politician lawyers talk and talk and talk

Not to worry, Jack. Election days draw near.

And here's some good news. According to a PEW survey in October: 51% of Americans feel that reducing illegal immigration is a "top priority."

The people have caught on. The politicians won't be far behind.

When Bushie first unveiled his lame-ass "Immigration Reform" program two years ago, the "Guest Worker" aspect was front-and-center. But yesterday, he mostly spouted about "cracking down on illegal immigation/protect our borders" etc. (He only mentioned the "Guest Worker" b.s. very quietly at the end.)

Its all b.s., of course. Every word that dribbles out of his stinkin' mouth. But he's realized that his b.s. doesn't fly with the American people any more. They're starting to catch on. We are indeed getting our message through.

I agree about Hannity, dman! He just slobbered all over himself in those interviews!! It was HILARIOUS. It was like the best comedy I've seen in awhile!!!

I did hear Bush talking about the guestworker program, Ace. He KIND OF masked it with the "tough talk routine" but he mentioned it several times in the part I heard. There is not ONE THING different from his ORIGINAL "immigration reform" plan now. He is GRASPING AT STRAWS and he THINKS he can get out there and BLOVIATE about getting tough about enforcing the law and he THINKS the American people aren't going to see through his rhetoric. After all, he's gotten away with that for 5 years so he has no experience with people actually disbelieving him BEFORE the fact rather than AFTER THE FACT i.e. Iraq. I really heard NOTHING yesterday that made me believe that he was FINALLY HEARING the people who put him in office. As I've said before, it's HIS way or the HIGHWAY.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Oh I think the politicians are hearing the people all right. I think the only reason Bush took up the cry is because there are a whole bunch of Republicans who want to get re-elected and they put the pressure on him. And I think the only reason the majority of them are even thinking about the border is for the sake of their hides in 2006 and 2008. But regardless of the reason for their pulling their heads out of the sand and looking around, this is no time for the voters to back off and think they might do anything if we don't keep pushing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast